PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran was told if Brady admits guilt then league will consider returning picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to this article that is being paraphrased?

It is truly significant that, less than a week after Einstein's hypothesis about the existence of Gravitational Waves was apparently proven to be true, we now have evidence that there is a portal to an Alternate Universe at 345 Park Avenue in Manhattan.

I mean, this isn't on the same plane as "living on another planet." One would have to live in another dimension of Space and Time to think that Brady would ever agree to this.

What a f***ing joke. Same old NYJFL. Do they not realize that would be perjury?

Two federal judges told Roger Goodell that they don't even think Roger knows a CBA exists. How are they expected to understand what perjury means?

This is truly insane.

"If you admit to that thing you didn't do, we'll consider reducing the punishment that we gave to someone who was completely uninvolved in the alleged incident, and knew nothing about it."

edited for clarity

how about the NFL admit it was wrong for not checking the balls before the game started and the pats can get there Draft picks and a apology

But how long will that apology and draft picks be? That is the question if they do get that?!

It is truly significant that, less than a week after Einstein's hypothesis about the existence of Gravitational Waves was apparently proven to be true, we now have evidence that there is a portal to an Alternate Universe at 345 Park Avenue in Manhattan.

I mean, this isn't on the same plane as "living on another planet." One would have to live in another dimension of Space and Time to think that Brady would ever agree to this.

The NFL knows Brady would never agree to do this, even to save the picks, but the NFL leaking this is actually brilliant as it keeps in play the idea the ideal gas law is not scientific.

This sounds like them fishing again with the knowledge they know they are going to lose March 3rd as was the rumours prior to offering stuff pre result first time around.

I don't see how that even makes sense. How does more guilt = less punishment in this situation.

Yeah, after they told Tom that not turning over his cell phone wouldn't be held against him, why wouldn't Brady trust Goodell and his cronies fully?

I don't know how I feel about this rumor. Part of me says it is BS because if they give back the draft picks (I assume Brady wouldn't have to take the four game suspension because that would be a deal breaker anyway), Goodell and the NFL offices would have put everyone through all this for nothing. Part of me says this is 100% true because Goodell and his cronies are so pig headed that they would rather be right and look like idiots being right than cut bait and minimize the damage to their reputations.

I don't see how that even makes sense. How does more guilt = less punishment in this situation.

Because this is Goodell's NFL.

Is there a link to this article that is being paraphrased?
PODCAST: McCann on whether Tom Brady will serve suspension
27:38

There is no offer of an exchange of picks for admission of guilt or anything new that I can hear.
What Curran says is that the NFL said previously after Goodell's press conference, that the NFL would not entertain any discussion of the matter without first getting Brady's admission of guilt. No place did I hear that the league would consider returning the picks.

They must know Brady won't do that. Smells like an attempt to sew discontent between the Pats and Brady. **** the NFL, Roger Goodell and all of his cronies.

I would love for this to be confirmed somehow, because it would just show how overtly political this whole thing is. The NFL knows the punishment is ridiculous, but they're just using it as leverage to try to make themselves look good.

Yes, *we* already know that, but for this to be confirmed would force even the most hardcore of haters to that same conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes