PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Pats may add familiar receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, Bill, please not Branch. Burnt toast comes to mind.

I've watched three Seahawks games this year and Branch is doing ok with them. I seriously doubt they would let him go.

If it's anyone, it would be Givens.

Sounds like this is wishful thinking.

I'm actually OK with the Moss trade at this point - but wouldn't they have tried addressing a Branch trade before moving Moss, when they had more leverage? Pete Carrol is allegedly "reluctant" to trade Branch. Sure, because he knows we want him now. A week ago Seattle's asking price may have been lower.

I've watched three Seahawks games this year and Branch is doing ok with them. I seriously doubt they would let him go.

There has been talk of letting him go all offseason. They aren't high on his because of his salary vs. his production. Right now, they probably can't afford to lose him, but they are in the Vincent Jackson sweepstakes. If they get Jackson, Branch becomes expendable.

Please, please, Bill, please not Branch. Burnt toast comes to mind.

I'm not bitter about Moss who for the 4th pick risk we took for him knowing his psyche delivered well untill this season where he was unable to control his demons. He left wanting to stay here. But I'm still bitter at the perfidious Twig who lied about playing out his contract before the draft and then when it was too late to backfill his position put the Pats in a bad WR situation that cost them the AFCCG and the SB and worst yet enabled Manning to get his one and only ring.

Branch is Dead To Me

Should have paid Branch when we had the chance.

If he comes back here, I will be thinking that every single game!!!

Branch may not be much use as a player, but adding him might be psychologically important to TFB.

Like it or not, Tommy is an emotional boy. He needs his friends. Give him Branch, and it might be enough of a teddy bear to help him over the loss of Moss.

The last thing we need is TFB playing like a depressed kid like he did after the loss of Branch, Milloy, Seymour, etc. If giving him a 50 yr old Branch will help, then I'm all for it.

Branch, Jackson, Mankins sitting in CA and tons of picks.

The reality is, we are not conclusively in the weak position.

Seattle wants Jackson and needs line help.

San Diego has gotten zero for Jackson

We have draft picks. The key is can we play Seattle and San Diego off one another? Would Mankins take a "fair" deal to stay on the west coast? Does our adundance of picks make our position stronger since we can offer a fair deal on our terms? Pete Carroll still holding a grudge?

Is BB the "godfather" who can make an offer they can't refuse.

Last edited:
Patriots have resigned Ojinaka to the roster. So no more WR talk I guess.

I wish it were Gaffney, but I'm guessing Denver wouldn't give him up for peanuts.

"The New England Patriots would like to announce the signing of Reche Caldwell."

From Twitter latest

SeahawksUpdate‎: stanflan @SeahawksUpdate just spotted branch at seatac airport. He's going somewhere. NE maybe ? #seahawks #nfl #football #patriots
Twitter - seconds ago

I wish it were Gaffney, but I'm guessing Denver wouldn't give him up for peanuts.

"The New England Patriots would like to announce the signing of Reche Caldwell."

reche_caldwell__1_3.jpg

Twitter will be the death of me, because it completely validates my need to sit here refreshing all day.:bricks:

Space saver...feign disinterest or at least lack of urgency. Brady has apparently been lobbying for Branch for a week... I'm sure the Patriots are working the phones and the market and seeing what might shake loose between now and the deadline. It remains an outside possibility we could make it worth Seattle while draft pick wise to give AJ closer to the value he says he wants for Jackson in exchange for Branch.

Curran WALKING IT BACK a bit.

Plausible, just not likely. I do see BB going for this, and could also see SEA coughing him up. Branch has played all 4 games, but hasn't started any, even though he's listed as #1 on their depth chart.

just anothe rmedia created news just like they said jeff garcia would come back to philly. this is what they do ..they create news and then ask both parties if its true

Hard to tell if this is a tease based on something he knows or speculation.

The same five I posted in another thread....Branch? Patten? Holt? Aiken? Washington?

I always have wanted Branch back. He has showed some life the past couple of weeks in Seattle, but they would probably part with him. Wishful thinking, likely.

But people complain about the age of Moss.... And you want Branch? An aging WR with less skill? Really? Well then why don't we just trade for Galloway again. :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST