PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Pats may add familiar receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
tomecurran:
With the dust settling from the Moss deal, the Patriots will likely look to add at wide receiver. And an old, familiar face could be in mix [via Twitter]

Hard to tell if this is a tease based on something he knows or speculation.

The same five I posted in another thread....Branch? Patten? Holt? Aiken? Washington?

I always have wanted Branch back. He has showed some life the past couple of weeks in Seattle, but they would probably part with him. Wishful thinking, likely.

Last edited:
With Curran's track record, this tweet means we will never add a WR again

I wonder if he took the randy moss mask down of the shelf on the set of his "cough" tv show.

Last edited:
Ian Rappaport is saying he's hearing something similar too. Patten would not excite me.

SMY and Rapoprt are reporting the same thing on Twitter. SMY speculated Branch.

Troy "Bingo" Brown

Branch would be perfect, he knows the concepts of the offense, he's Brady's bud and Seattle would give him up cheap with the young group, Tate, Williams, Butler ready to go.

Lot of chatter about Branch to the Pats over Twitter

An OLD familiar receiver......... HOLY SHIZZ, we're gonna get Irving Fryer back. Glory days..... :rocker:

how old is branch does anybody know off hand

Last edited:
I like Branch but people need to realize he is not going to be the same player he was when he was with us. If he comes in I'd make him the 4th receiver behind Tate, Welker and Edelman.

"Familiar" almost makes me think of someone in the division. Fire sale in Buffalo...Lee Evans?

Hope Branch, betting on Aiken.

"Familiar" almost makes me think of someone in the division. Fire sale in Buffalo...Lee Evans?

I'm certain the usage of "familiar" was meant to imply someone who was formerly with the Patriots. Whether it happens is another story.

I like Branch but people need to realize he is not going to be the same player he was when he was with us. If he comes in I'd make him the 4th receiver behind Tate, Welker and Edelman.
He wouldn't need to be the same, but he'd start at one outside spot with Tate at the other and Welker in the slot. With the 2 TE that would be more than enough offense. Right now we don't have a competent WR for Moss' spot unless you think Edelman is or that Hernandez could play that spot. Branch would add experience and competence to get through the season.

Listening to WEEI, they are saying rumor is Branch is coming back. That would be

Tree
Men
Does

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes