PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cs starting to make their move

Cleveland doesn't need home court to beat the Celtics. or any team in the eastern conference. its nice I guess. I would rather they finish 2nd and play the wizards in the second rd instead of Toronto who owns the Celtics. they need to just win a round in the playoffs for once.
Starting Wednesday:

Five games, eight days, finish regular season. Interesting possibilities.

I think playing everybody, keeping guys fresh - especially Thomas - can be a huge advantage.

Starting Wednesday:

Five games, eight days, finish regular season. Interesting possibilities.

I think playing everybody, keeping guys fresh - especially Thomas - can be a huge advantage.
once the playoffs start. everything changes.

If the Smeltics can't win at least one PO series this year, then they're feckin hopeless.
Wake me up after that happens. Until then…zzz...

We'll see what happens...either way, they need to improve somehow in the offseason.
I fully expect them to win the first round. The second round is a bit dicier. I think as long as it's a close series it wouldn't kill me if they lost. Although given the current condition of both Washington and Toronto, the /ought/ to win.

Way to go in the first half Smeltics! And great defense on LB James at the end there; having 3rd-overall (snicker) Jalen Brown guard him instead of Crowder was pure genius.

Absolutely pathetic. I hate how this team plays: a bunch of soft-as-Charmin jump-shooters with ZERO defensive toughness in the paint if neither Zeller or Amir Johnson are on the floor.

Thanks for nothing, again, Danny.

The Celtics aren't as good as their record would indicate. They will be lucky to beat the heat in the 1st rd if the teams meet. And Toronto owns the Celtics. The wizards are a toss up.

To paraphrase Dennis Green: the Smeltics are what I thought they were…

…Frauds.

To paraphrase Dennis Green: the Smeltics are what I thought they were…

…Frauds.
I certainly take exception to lots regarding how the team's been built/run, and I never had any illusions about the fact that the Celts today are not talented or competitive with the league's upper echelon.

That said, they do enjoy a lot which is vastly superior to most NBA teams, not the least of which is they're in the postseason, they're not petulant divas, and they're trying their best. It doesn't add up to title contention, but it's basketball. So, it could be a lot worse; but it most certainly could be far, far better.

Yup, Brown's jaw clearly fouled LeBron's elbow there on the King's way to the basket...
Brown still should not have been covering LBJ, who should've been Crowder's man; maybe the King Rules zebra doesn't blow his whistle then.

Thanks, Miami!

if the celtics end up with the 1 seed. will they be the worst 1 seed in the history of the nba?

Not even remotely close.
you are too much of a homer, to be honest. I think you can't see thru your green colored glasses. when I think 1 seed I think 08 Celtics or the 86 team. this current team is good but not one seed good. nobody is picking them to win the title. you yourself said it wouldn't kill you if they lost in the second rd. if they were a true number 1 seed that was a fav to go to the finals it would kill you.

Last edited:
Congrats on the one seed and I'm glad my Heat could help you out. Unfortunately, I don't think it matters much. Cleveland is the superior team and would win out in a seven game series between the two squads. That said, this isn't their year, either. They are very overrated and basically live off of LeBron and Kyrie. Their bench has been very underwhelming. I think they meet Golden State in the Finals again and I think the Warriors walk away from that in five unless Durant gets injured throughout the course of the playoffs.

Also, even though I don't watch as much pro ball anymore, I think the Cavs/Pacers series should be fun to watch. The Pacers still have a pretty physical front court that could give the Cavs some headaches. I hope they extend that series.

you are too much of a homer, to be honest. I think you can't see thru your green colored glasses. when I think 1 seed I think 08 Celtics or the 86 team. this current team is good but not one seed good. nobody is picking them to win the title. you yourself said it wouldn't kill you if they lost in the second rd. if they were a true number 1 seed that was a fav to go to the finals it would kill you.
So you actually think this team is the worst first seed in NBA history? WHen did you start watching basketball? The 86 team? Are you kidding me? That wasn't a 1 seed, it was quite possibly the greatest team in history. There's a little bit of room here between 'greatest team in NBA history' and 'the worst #1 seed in NBA history'.

Are you sure you aren't Captain Stone in disguise?

Congrats on the one seed and I'm glad my Heat could help you out. Unfortunately, I don't think it matters much. Cleveland is the superior team and would win out in a seven game series between the two squads. That said, this isn't their year, either. They are very overrated and basically live off of LeBron and Kyrie. Their bench has been very underwhelming. I think they meet Golden State in the Finals again and I think the Warriors walk away from that in five unless Durant gets injured throughout the course of the playoffs.
Agree. Although I still believe enough in Pop to give SA a shot to come our of the west. And no, I don't think the Cs can beat the Cavs. But if you had told me at the start of the season #1 seed and best odds for #1 pick in the draft, I would have asked where do I sign up?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back