PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crowd noise at Gillette this Sunday vs Chicago Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I hope the crowd noise is much,much, much better this Sunday than last Thursday night. It was not a factor last week and certainly did nothing to help the team. I'm sure that there were some of the 68,000 that were really into the game but as a whole, it was flat.

Maybe it was the fact that the game was played in the middle of the work week. Maybe it was all the anticipation really bad weather that never happened. I don't know. But I commented to my wife right at the start of the game that it sounded as if they were playing at a neutral field.

Part of the home field advantage is having the home crowd fire up the team. It sure is present tonight in Denver.

Let's hope that is present this Sunday at Gillette.

Was it just me or did others notice the lack of support last week?

I was not there, but on TV they sounded pretty loud. I mean, for Gillette.

I hope the crowd noise is much,much, much better this Sunday than last Thursday night. It was not a factor last week and certainly did nothing to help the team. I'm sure that there were some of the 68,000 that were really into the game but as a whole, it was flat.

Maybe it was the fact that the game was played in the middle of the work week. Maybe it was all the anticipation really bad weather that never happened. I don't know. But I commented to my wife right at the start of the game that it sounded as if they were playing at a neutral field.

Part of the home field advantage is having the home crowd fire up the team. It sure is present tonight in Denver.

Half the seats around me were empty until end of 1st. People were coming in in groves with 5 min left in 1st.

Most people left after the pats got that last TD like it was over....Thursday night crowd is usually a dud i have found. Hopefully sunday is better but i won't be there so it may suck ;)

Crickets. Sec 109 row 36
Matter of fact about 6 or more of the seats down the row , sat pretty much the entire game.

The crowd was good last Thursday night. The place was packed and VERY loud on third down for our defense during crucial situations. Any "flatness" you might've perceived on television probably was from the crowd arriving late and New Jersey putting together long drives via the ground game.

The crowd was good last Thursday night. The place was packed and VERY loud on third down for our defense during crucial situations. Any "flatness" you might've perceived on television probably was from the crowd arriving late and New Jersey putting together long drives via the ground game.

maybe your section was...mine ws a dud

Agreed on the crickets and empty seats all through the first. There were people leaving around me at the 2 minute warning when the game was very much in question. Majorly pathetic.

if you clowns think you have any lung capacity then come up to where Tunes and I will be sitting this Sunday and sit in with the Foghorn Orchestra.

if you clowns think you have any lung capacity then come up to where Tunes and I will be sitting this Sunday and sit in with the Foghorn Orchestra.
Nah, they'd rather sit and sulk, then come here and grouse over how "majorly pathetic" or what a "dud" it was. Nothing like being part of the problem you complain about. :rolleyes:

Agreed on the crickets and empty seats all through the first. There were people leaving around me at the 2 minute warning when the game was very much in question. Majorly pathetic.

Thursday games are usually like that. Bengals game was nuts..not thursday

Thursday games are usually like that. Bengals game was nuts..not thursday

Ya I loved the crowd at the Bengals game. The urgency in the stands was noticeable. This will be my third year in a row going to the Denver game and I'm hoping for that playoff atmosphere again. Should be a great time.

Ya I loved the crowd at the Bengals game. The urgency in the stands was noticeable. This will be my third year in a row going to the Denver game and I'm hoping for that playoff atmosphere again. Should be a great time.

Denver game should be great. Was last year that's for sure. Similar to the Cincy game. Especially if pats jump out early and can get some stops

Can someone explain to me, who has never been to Gillette, why the stadium never seems THAT loud? Is it the construction or the fans are just plainly not loud?

Can someone explain to me, who has never been to Gillette, why the stadium never seems THAT loud? Is it the construction or the fans are just plainly not loud?

Stadium not built for sound. 1 open end zone will do that to you. Now a full bowl stadium like Denver or have a half roof like Seattle. We have a roof like them and we would be pretty dam loud.

Stadium not built for sound. 1 open end zone will do that to you. Now a full bowl stadium like Denver or have a half roof like Seattle. We have a roof like them and we would be pretty dam loud.

Yeah I always wondered what in the Hell that design was about? It looks so weird

NFL fans don't vary significantly from city to city. It's all about the building. Compared to other stadiums, Gillette is built like a saucer while others resemble teacups. If the Krafts deserve criticism for anything, it's the layout of their stadium -- open north end, "skylights," vaulted upper deck, awful club seat placement, extra-wide soccer field footprint -- poorly conceived all around.

Last edited:
Yeah I always wondered what in the Hell that design was about? It looks so weird

I like the design. It's a great stadium. Gives it character compared to other stadiums I have been too. But again bad for sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft