PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Criteria to avoid "Hard Knocks"?

JudyPatFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Are the Patriots at risk of being selected and required to be featured on next season's "Hard Knocks"?

Are the Patriots at risk of being selected and required to be featured on next season's "Hard Knocks"?
Yes. If they keep BB. If they don't, they'll be exempt because they have a new head coach.

I feel like it's pretty close to a guarantee we get selected if Bill is here. The storyline sort of writes itself. Big dynasty of the last 20 years has come on difficult times, legendary coach possibly getting a last chance to fix things, likely a new QB and a competition with the plucky upstart QB a bunch of new signings and draft picks from all our room having to learn the "Patriot Way".

Denver is the only other one I could see.

I feel like it's pretty close to a guarantee we get selected if Bill is here. The storyline sort of writes itself. Big dynasty of the last 20 years has come on difficult times, legendary coach possibly getting a last chance to fix things, likely a new QB and a competition with the plucky upstart QB a bunch of new signings and draft picks from all our room having to learn the "Patriot Way".

Plus everyone wants to see what goes on behind the curtain in Foxboro. I can't see how the ratings wouldn't be the highest ever for the show.

Has anyone on hard knocks ever won the super bowl?

This may factor into Kraft keeping Bill, if Bill will be a good sport about it. Good for public perception and ratings. Bill may be game, if they let him have some level of creative input like NFL Films.

The League and HBO are licking their chops for the Pats. They've wanted a peak behind the curtain for a long long time. Plus, they could get some potentially embarrassing footage of BB.

A couple of clarifications. Teams can't be forced to do Hard Knocks if no one volunteers if they meet at least one of the following criteria:
1. They have a first-year head coach,
2. They made the playoffs in the last two years (either 2022 or 2023 in this case), or
3. They have appeared on the show in the last 10 years.

Even teams that fit one of these criteria can choose to appear, if they wish.

Second, Belichick actually has a lot of respect for NFL Films; he was willing to let them tape him for an entire season. I doubt that that, in and of itself, would be a deciding factor.

Second, Belichick actually has a lot of respect for NFL Films; he was willing to let them tape him for an entire season. I doubt that that, in and of itself, would be a deciding factor.
If that was the case, why not opt to have the Hard Knocks crew there any of the other 20 previous years?

Plus everyone wants to see what goes on behind the curtain in Foxboro. I can't see how the ratings wouldn't be the highest ever for the show.
CIA bill wouldn't want it. I'd absolutely love to see in depth views of our team how things come together. Hard knocks isn't necessarily a bad thing look at the fins.. they are on hard knocks they are one of the best teams in the league!

If that was the case, why not opt to have the Hard Knocks crew there any of the other 20 previous years?
Having done it once (on an even larger scale), I can see why he wouldn't volunteer to do it again.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back