PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the things in this article puzzle me. What is going on with: "While hoping that changes, Crable is clearly on his own conditioning program, one that doesn’t stress his body. Sometimes, in need of a cardiovascular workout, he rides his bike to Gillette Stadium. The training staff has geared a plan for him, one that builds muscle and improves fitness without beating down an already creaky body."

I wouldn't read to much into the creaky body comment. From my reading that's just editorializing by the author not a quote from either Crable or the training staff.

I hope Crable comes back and contributes this year, but I am the I will believe it when I see it camp right now. I am more hopeful of McKenzie's recovery.

Doesn't look too pathetic in the picture you posted, if that's him.

It does seem a bit contradictory, doesn't it? Maybe Crable climbed, or was lifted, over the backs of the OLmen...

Anything would be better than paying someone to NEVER suit up for ya, I'd LOVE to see him become a stud LB, but I have serious doubts because he is made of glass.
I'd also love to see Tate and McKenzie become healthy and get playing time, but I must admit to having very little faith in all 3 of them.

I have zero faith in Buckwheat, that DB may as well be a towelboy, and he can take WillIEvergetit with him when Billy shows him the door..we need more DBS after wasting draft picks on those 2 guys.

He's the chicken-legged stiff whom Bill foolishly drafted instead of Cliff Avril.

yes, but avril does not fit the scheme.....he can't cover and can't set the edge like crable can :bricks:

between avril and someone like kroy biermann ....... and trevor scott......

replace wheatley with kendall langford, crable with avril, oconnell with manningham, matt slater with trevor scott, bo ruud with pierre garcon....you could then say 'fer shizzle'

Shawn Crable is out of his element at OLB in the 3-4. He played OLB in the 4-3 at Michigan behind some very good d-line that occupied blockers. He was able to use his best attribute (which is range) to run down ballcarriers. Shawn wasn't a big time pass rusher in college. He just isn't a very explosive athlete. The vertical and broad jump are indicators of explosiveness and his were not very good. He has a really good first step but he lacks agility. Shawn has a similar build to Manny Lawson but without the athleticism. And like Shawn, Manny has had injury problems. I'm not very optimistic for Shawn because to me he seems like another great college player that doesn't fit in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong.

Shawn Crable is out of his element at OLB in the 3-4. He played OLB in the 4-3 at Michigan behind some very good d-line that occupied blockers. He was able to use his best attribute (which is range) to run down ballcarriers. Shawn wasn't a big time pass rusher in college. He just isn't a very explosive athlete. The vertical and broad jump are indicators of explosiveness and his were not very good. He has a really good first step but he lacks agility. Shawn has a similar build to Manny Lawson but without the athleticism. And like Shawn, Manny has had injury problems. I'm not very optimistic for Shawn because to me he seems like another great college player that doesn't fit in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong.

I have the same reaction reading this as I get when I read posts saying he's our starter going into the 2010 season.

He hasn't played a snap in the NFL. He might be great, he might be a bust. We don't know either way, we really really don't. Some players never get injured but still flame out as busts, others get injured early but still end up with HOF-worthy careers. It's still too early to tell.

OK. I'll bite. Please list all the defensive players who have been on IR their first two years and ended up being HOFers or even probowlers or even quality starters.

I have the same reaction reading this as I get when I read posts saying he's our starter going into the 2010 season.

He hasn't played a snap in the NFL. He might be great, he might be a bust. We don't know either way, we really really don't. Some players never get injured but still flame out as busts, others get injured early but still end up with HOF-worthy careers. It's still too early to tell.

Last edited:
OK. I'll bite. Please list all the defensive players who have been on IR their first two years and ended up being HOFers or even probowlers or even quality starters.
I don't have the memory to attempt this but I do know that James Harrison played in one game with no tackles his first two years. I think he was IRed for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News