PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShawnCrable.jpg

Now I can see how he sustained the groin injury.

Yeah, strength wasn't his problem; he is quick and fast enough also but not very explosive, note his Vertical and Broad jumps.

That vertical is pathetic. Some OLmen have better #s than that.

I hope you've been working on those Chicken Legs, Crable.

Doesn't that jump require a good vertical? Hopefully stronger legs would improve his alleged lack of explosion.

The reason: Bill doesn't want to admit he made another mistake with both 3rd-rounders from the '08 draft.

Yup, because if he does admit his mistakes he knows we'll all have to listen to you ***** about 2008 third round draft picks for 4 years. Thanks Bill.

Just picking out two players, Sergio Kindle and Ricky Sapp, the numbers from the combine according to NFL draft scout are eerily similar :

40 Yrd Dash: 4.61
20 Yrd Dash: 2.70
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
Vertical Jump: 28
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.55
3-Cone Drill: 7.29

40 Yrd Dash: 4.65
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.53
3-Cone Drill: 7.26

20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.41

Can you even guess which one is the better prospect based on the numbers ?

I know I'm dreaming but imagine that we have red shirts of Crable, McKenzie and Tate all coming back. Imagine they come through this year. Crazy.

BTW, Crable is the top set of numbers, Kindle the middle, Sapp the bottom.

This IS AN AWESOME POST! Thx, BelichickFan

Yeah, I'll get excited about his good attitude like I was excited about Chad Jackson's heading into the 2008 season, that worked out well.

Hopefully his health woes are behind him, would love to see him in game sitz...

Some of the things in this article puzzle me. What is going on with: "While hoping that changes, Crable is clearly on his own conditioning program, one that doesn’t stress his body. Sometimes, in need of a cardiovascular workout, he rides his bike to Gillette Stadium. The training staff has geared a plan for him, one that builds muscle and improves fitness without beating down an already creaky body."

And also, "“We’re just reinventing the wheel right now,” Crable said. “Trying to still get better and find new ways to get stronger rather than have to do it the old-fashioned way.”

He's been off for 2 years, and is supposedly a young athlete in the prime of his life. I wonder why he can't do "normal" workouts like everybody else. It almost sounds like they still have to nurse him due to limitations from his injuries. That all just sounds bizarre to me, and doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy with this guy. Any thoughts?

Just picking out two players, Sergio Kindle and Ricky Sapp, the numbers from the combine according to NFL draft scout are eerily similar :

40 Yrd Dash: 4.61
20 Yrd Dash: 2.70
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
Vertical Jump: 28
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.55

20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.53
3-Cone Drill: 7.26

20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.41

Can you even guess which one is the better prospect based on the numbers ?

I know I'm dreaming but imagine that we have red shirts of Crable, McKenzie and Tate all coming back. Imagine they come through this year. Crazy.

BTW, Crable is the top set of numbers, Kindle the middle, Sapp the bottom.

Damn, look at the "explosion" numbers on Kindle with both his Vertical Jump and Broad Jump. Good job posting this comparison.

The reason: Bill doesn't want to admit he made another mistake with both 3rd-rounders from the '08 draft.

Yep. There is an abundance of proof that BB keeps high draft picks on the roster who don't produce. :rolleyes:

Yep. There is an abundance of proof that BB keeps high draft picks on the roster who don't produce. :rolleyes:
Draft picks but also anyone. He traded for Alex Smith then cut him in camp. Belichick isn't perfect but holding onto a draft pick for pride isn't one of his problems, if anything he may move on from players a little quickly for my liking.

Some of the things in this article puzzle me. What is going on with: "While hoping that changes, Crable is clearly on his own conditioning program, one that doesn’t stress his body. Sometimes, in need of a cardiovascular workout, he rides his bike to Gillette Stadium. The training staff has geared a plan for him, one that builds muscle and improves fitness without beating down an already creaky body."

And also, "“We’re just reinventing the wheel right now,” Crable said. “Trying to still get better and find new ways to get stronger rather than have to do it the old-fashioned way.”

He's been off for 2 years, and is supposedly a young athlete in the prime of his life. I wonder why he can't do "normal" workouts like everybody else. It almost sounds like they still have to nurse him due to limitations from his injuries. That all just sounds bizarre to me, and doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy with this guy. Any thoughts?

I agree, I hear the right words and the right attitude in the article, but something just isn't 100% right with here and only the player and BB know what that missing piece is.

I agree, I hear the right words and the right attitude in the article, but something just isn't 100% right with here and only the player and BB know what that missing piece is.

Read the article this am. This stuck out..

The training staff has geared a plan for him, one that builds muscle and improves fitness without beating down an already creaky body.

Creaky??

As Jacked and Pumped as I got over my man, The Crab, at his initial training camp, when I read something like that not about a grizzeled vet trying for one last year as a situational player for BB but about a young guy who has not had 10 years of NFL wear and tear, I don't get too optimistic. Something quite significant is going on with the guy. As always, we haven't a clue with the salient details shrouded in belichickian secrecy. But folks have to take a thoughtfull and skeptical pause given the above information, sparse that it is.

100% agree. Sounds like he's already gunning for another IR year. Bizarre.

"Crable Speaks"

Well I guess the good news is that after that he didn't go on IR due to a vocal chord injury.

Pure excellence. :rofl:

Since I am a Michigan fan (they are my second team behind BC), I think it would be cool if we draft Graham. Then when Crable is finally healthy you can look forward to many interviews with the two wolverines that turned our pash rush around making our defense elite. (A guy can dream can't he?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes