PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowher and Tuna rumors for Phins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also said, that Cowher would want the Pats job,because its still unclear about Belichick.. I would not want Bill Cowher coaching this team.... No way... Right now all I want is Bill Belichick, and no one else..

Ditto that. Cowher is ... just a simple furious man. Nothing interesting about his football or his style.

BB for three more SBs, at least.

//

Yeah, and when he retired from the Jets he said repeatedly, "I've coached my last game". That and a buck will get you a (very small) cup of coffee.

That was 6 or 7 years ago and his ego and wallet (when his wife decided to divorce him once he was underfoot) demanded it. If you watch him today he is alternately almost desperately hopeful and totally demoralized on a game by game, and sometimes half by half, basis. I don't think he has another stop in him. I think if Dallas hadn't faltered he might have used that as leverage against Jones to get rid of TO and take one more shot at redemption there. But the way things have unraveled down the stretch I think he's Toasted Tuna. He'll have some cover in retiring after what Jones forced him into with TO. If he hangs on under the same circumstances Jones ego will trump him midway through next season by becoming the first owner to fire Parcells. He doesn't have the cache he used to because of his post BB track record. Jones would never let him walk free to another francise, and I doubt another franchise would be willing to pay compensation for him at this juncture.

The Tuner does seem to have lost the enthusiasm to coach. Watch him during a game. A totally different and older seeming person than with past clubs. And now that the Romo luster, admitedly not over-hyped by Parcells himself, has dimmed because of his out of control play, Tuner seems unable to reign him in.

Another big disapointment has been the Dallas D. He really misses BB.

He's probably made enough post divorce to retire (commentator income $) in a nice upper 0.1% lifestyle.

PUKE.

My first choice would have been Saban but I guess that's out the window now. Weiss and Ferentz I like from the Belichick tree.

Shanahan. Gruden. Urban Meyer. Andy Reid. They're the other ones I like.

Chucky is a headcase egomaniacal punk. Reid is a borderline incompetent enabler who is just tagging along for a totally unexpected ride in '06.

Don't want to give you all a heart attack, but Kraft is on record as liking Petey. Said the timing and situation wasn't right and he didn't have a fair shot under the circumstances...

Don't want to give you all a heart attack, but Kraft is on record as liking Petey. Said the timing and situation wasn't right and he didn't have a fair shot under the circumstances...
I actually liked Carrol when he was here and still do, I just had a few problems with a few comments him made back in 2000. But, regardless, I think he has too good of a thing going at USC to leave college.

I will be so upset if BB leaves. But why would he? He has Brady here, he has all the key veterans to work for him. I would absolutely hate for such a thing to happen.

That was 6 or 7 years ago and his ego and wallet (when his wife decided to divorce him once he was underfoot) demanded it. If you watch him today he is alternately almost desperately hopeful and totally demoralized on a game by game, and sometimes half by half, basis. I don't think he has another stop in him. I think if Dallas hadn't faltered he might have used that as leverage against Jones to get rid of TO and take one more shot at redemption there. But the way things have unraveled down the stretch I think he's Toasted Tuna. He'll have some cover in retiring after what Jones forced him into with TO. If he hangs on under the same circumstances Jones ego will trump him midway through next season by becoming the first owner to fire Parcells. He doesn't have the cache he used to because of his post BB track record. Jones would never let him walk free to another francise, and I doubt another franchise would be willing to pay compensation for him at this juncture.
That may all be true but my point was it doesn't matter what he says, any more than it matters that Nick Saban said definitively he wasn't going to Alabama on December 21st. Given Parcells personal record of not doing what he says and saying what he does, I put no stock in his words whatsoever.l

Chucky is a headcase egomaniacal punk. Reid is a borderline incompetent enabler who is just tagging along for a totally unexpected ride in '06.

He might have been sincere or he might merely have been being diplomatic.

It's all quite clear to me:

BB is not going anywhere. Neither is SP.

NE wins Superbowl this year and three more before Brady is dome (just ask TB's dad), for a total of SEVEN.

Enjoy the ride......were only about 1/2 through it.

IMHO-The game has passed Tuna by.

He just doesn't have this fire, passion, and energy he once had with NE/NY. His pre-game planning is vanilla and downright lazy, and his failure to make in-game adjustments has been even worse. He's also had the over-coaching syndrome as well. A number of the younger players(i.e. Julius Jones) would get off to hot starts, then just tail off. And the defense, in particular, just look lost with his schemes.

Worst of all-his talent evaluation has become very suspect. The Dallas O-Line is terrible largely b/c of his draft choices(i.e. his drafts of Stephen Pederman, Jacob Rogers, and Al Johnson blew up his in face-he was all but left to get journeymen to fill their voids).

BTW-his post-Nov record here is 8-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye