PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Pacman Jones make it rain in Foxboro? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Could Pacman Jones make it rain in Foxboro?

The talent is great. But the human being is a scummy, stupid, troublemaker. Pacman's idea of a good time, throwing lots of money in the air at strippers, and then getting mad when they pick up the money. Being around friends that shoot other people outside in the parking lot of said strip club. Just say NO!

Pacman's idea of a good time, throwing lots of money in the air at strippers, and then getting mad when they pick up the money.

To be fair, haven't we all at one time or another had to berate a stripper for picking up the money we threw at her? Let he who is without sin...

:bricks:

Re: A very dumb question.. .

If Belichick thinks that he can get Jones to grow the hell up, then I'd consider it. Talent-wise, we could use a corner like him. Still a major risk, though. This isn't Moss or Dillon, whose effects on the locker room were sometimes questioned. He's on an entirely different level.

Last edited:

I'd love Pacman.

Great players aren't always great people, nor do I care what he does off the field as long as it doesn't jepordize his job on the team.

As long as he isn't getting suspended anymore, give me the 24 year old pro-bowler Cornerback (Hey, don't we need one of those...) and a return phenom. (259 yards last time he played us)

My god on the talent level this is a no-brainer, it's a shame his off-field actions have almost been oppositely equal.

I would be thrilled if we ever got the guy.

Re: A very dumb question.. .

Hell yes.

Already commented on it in the other thread, but yeah.

If he’s allowed back in the league, I will become the official Get Pacman supporter, regardless of how much moral bashing I’ll receive.

I'd love Pacman.

Great players aren't always great people, nor do I care what he does off the field as long as it doesn't jepordize his job on the team.

As long as he isn't getting suspended anymore, give me the 24 year old pro-bowler Cornerback (Hey, don't we need one of those...) and a return phenom. (259 yards last time he played us)

My god on the talent level this is a no-brainer, it's a shame his off-field actions have almost been oppositely equal.

I would be thrilled if we ever got the guy.

it would be great. in bb and pacman we'd have the nfl's two biggest "nflmadeanexampleofhims" on the same team! it would drive tony dungy and arlen specter nuts. that alone is enough reason to do it!

it would be great. in bb and pacman we'd have the nfl's two biggest "nflmadeanexampleofhims" on the same team! it would drive tony dungy and arlen specter nuts. that alone is enough reason to do it!

I wouldn't want the guy because of his off field exploits, but to sign him to drive the other 31 teams over the edge for hating the Pats that would be worth it.

Can you imagine him returning a pick to seal the victory at Lucas Oil Field, and seeing Dungy's face that would be priceless.....actually sign him up!

Yes trade for him! Give a 5th round pick for him! Sign him to a 1-year deal. Hes an upgrade over Gay. Pacman comes in and plays great, has no problems or issues on the Pats and it makes us look even better! Plus we get a good corner to boot and we dont have any corners currently.

On the field, Pacman Jones is one of the most electrifying players in the NFL. A no-doubt talent that every team in the NFL would love having.

Off the field, has had many problems but has he had any convictions yet? My first thought is that he's been arrested and charged but not convicted of anything.

At some point, he is either going to straighten out, or go down in flames. I think its fair to say that he has 2 strikes already.

I believe this guy is going to get it together. He is going to come back and become a great footballer again.

I think a guy like that is worth a shot. With specific contract filled rules of what is expected of his conduct. We have the players and the system in our clubhouse here to get this guy turned around.

The more I think about this, the more I warm up to it. If we could get him to come in on a one year contract, and explain that we'd cut him if there was even a rumor of him pulling any crap off the field, at least. I'm not going to say that he might pull a Randy Moss (that would be an insult to Moss, who, compared to Pacman, has always been a saint), but maybe he'd at least care about the money that he stood to earn on his next contract enough that he'd keep in line. This would also buy the Pats an extra year to try to cultivate a mid-round draft pick into a serviceable CB.

On the field, Pacman Jones is one of the most electrifying players in the NFL. A no-doubt talent that every team in the NFL would love having.

Off the field, has had many problems but has he had any convictions yet? My first thought is that he's been arrested and charged but not convicted of anything.

At some point, he is either going to straighten out, or go down in flames. I think its fair to say that he has 2 strikes already.

I believe this guy is going to get it together. He is going to come back and become a great footballer again.

I think a guy like that is worth a shot. With specific contract filled rules of what is expected of his conduct. We have the players and the system in our clubhouse here to get this guy turned around.

I think the more you look at the FA class the better he looks. He is gone out of the league with another incident,we dont have to worry about that. I would think the most important thing is how he would fit in the locker room. While we still have the crusty vets like Tedy,Junior and Rodney around it may be the best way to use their talents....Again, for a low draft pick its a no brainer.

Gotta think Al Davis will make a play for him ... they don't need DBs, but shouldn't stop Al...

To be fair, haven't we all at one time or another had to berate a stripper for picking up the money we threw at her? Let he who is without sin...

Man, that had me rolling. When those girls finally finish college and become lawyers...you'll be eating your words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore