PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Cooks, and feel bad that he basically had the opposite of Chris Long’s experience (losing back to back bowls instead of winning them with two teams).

But he seemed to be going down real quick, not a lot of hard YAC. I saw an article that referred to Gilmores INT as him “beating out Cooks on a jump ball” and thought that was an exaggeration. Cooks barely fought for it.

That said, he’s still a real good wide receiver. Just not the kind of guy you want to get saddled with a big contract. And if Wynn ends up being a good player, this move becomes a slam dunk.

We traded Cooks because of his price tag not because he couldn’t hack it. Edelman could have used a little more help yesterday. Obviously the risk of trading him turned out well as we were able to win without him.

But yes, poor guy having to lose two in row. The penguins and red wings played in back to back finals with the red wings winning the first and the penguins winning the second. There was a guy who changed teams from the penguins to the red wings and lost both.

Cooks had 120 yards receiving...:confused:.. okay after checking nfl.com he actually did. Would never have guessed that/
Yeah, surprised me too....I suppose one of his long catches was still considered a ‘win’ for the pats because he was inbounds on the last drive.

Always felt like his primary goal was to draw flags and not fight for the ball. That flag he drew on Gilmore was classic Cooks, turn back into the defender and get yourself tangled up with him to make it look like you're being mugged. Something very soccer-y about him.

Always felt like his primary goal was to draw flags and not fight for the ball. That flag he drew on Gilmore was classic Cooks, turn back into the defender and get yourself tangled up with him to make it look like you're being mugged. Something very soccer-y about him.

He got bouye in last years AFCC on something similar. I’m glad we never got to see him and Flacco paired up together.

Hes a good player, id gladly take him here but not at his price.

He came up huge in the afcc for us last year, through actual recieving yards plus the yardage in pi’s.

We traded Cooks because of his price tag not because he couldn’t hack it. Edelman could have used a little more help yesterday. Obviously the risk of trading him turned out well as we were able to win without him.

Those two things are interconnected. You don't pay someone top WR money who essentially can only run 2 routes even if he runs those at an elite level. Overpaying for this is how you end up in a situation with not enough middle class players that fill out the depth of your team.

We could have used him yesterday. We have no real WRs outside Edelman and it showed last night.

His QB being crap had nothing to do with him.

He got bouye in last years AFCC on something similar. I’m glad we never got to see him and Flacco paired up together.

Funny you bring this up on the Rams forum I read things like If they had Joe Flacco or Ryan Tannenhill they are winning the Superbowl.
Some of the fans have jumped from the Goff bandwagon.

Cooks is still a little limited because of his size on Jump balls but he does the other thing well. Would love to land a couple of outside players or two like him in the Draft.

Cooks would have been more valuable on the Patriots than Hogan was. Woof, what a stinker of a game for him. Luckily it didn't matter to the outcome.

We could have used him yesterday. We have no real WRs outside Edelman and it showed last night.

His QB being crap had nothing to do with him.

We definitely could’ve used a guy who could seperate on the outside because hogan couldn’t.

But cooks didn’t have one of his best games. That was as MEH of an 120 yard game as I’ve seen and you can say Goff was bad last night and that’s fair...but he dropped a beautiful pass right in the bucket and cooks didn’t hold up his end of the bargain. Mccourty just made a hell of a play on the other cooks potential td no blame there.

Flacco always made me nervous just because of this knack of his of getting garbage DPIs on bombs. We just don’t know how the refs will call it. I thought the refs were great last night letting both teams play.

Cooks had 120 yards receiving...:confused:.. okay after checking nfl.com he actually did. Would never have guessed that/
good chunk of that on last desperation drive

Flacco always made me nervous just because of this knack of his of getting garbage DPIs on bombs. We just don’t know how the refs will call it. I thought the refs were great last night letting both teams play.

I’d like to know if that was a design play Flacco runs. Steve And Torrey Smith were masters of coming back for contact and drawing the pi. Such a cheap play.

Yep, I thought was odd as well, 120 yards and almost no impact on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe