PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison > Rhodes

Pats > Jets

lol yea ok. Leon left Harrison eating turf today. Rhodes had a good game as well as Jenkkns and a couple others.

Last edited:
Harrison > Rhodes

Pats > Jets

don't bait K-Ro with a juvenile post.

Kerry Rhodes is as good a safety there is in this league.......and he proved it today

lol yea ok. Leon left Harrison eating turf today. Rhodes had a good game as well as Jenkkns and a couple others.

Rhodes shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Rodney Harrison.

I'm not sure what people want the Jets or Pats to do in these games.

Pats play conservative coverage and the Jets have short wide receivers like Coles and Cotchery. Jets have the same defensive system and have got a great FS in Kerry Rhodes the Pats don't like challenging except off play-action.

I don't understand all this criticism of both Cassel and Favre for creating stuff of the scramble and going into their checkdowns.

I really appreciate everyones class and not rubbing it in. Im just so down on the Jets. If Brady plays this is a 41-10 walk away win

Kerry Rhodes is as good a safety there is in this league.......and he proved it today

I noticed that Rhodes and Revis were recipients of BB's post game hugs. No doubt both are on Belichick's future wish list. :cool:

You have a handicap with Favre. He is like a flamboyant Bledsoe.

He makes four or five great plays and then screws the pooch with one.

The five or six get you excited, but the one kills you.

At least you get to play Miami again, plus the Chiefs and 49ers.

Bad news will be those two games with Buffalo, who I think is improved.

Good gameplan by you guys today, I understand you guys are still in the thrill of a huge win but I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the win. It was one of those text book definitions on why the Pats are the Pats. I thought we would win but by no stretch thought it would be a blow out. I felt we did a lot of these which were just ******ed gameplan wise. The Pats came out with the mind set of were going to stay short and simple, screens, quick slants, etc. We continuously blitz'd (I think thats a word) leaving large chunks of the field open for Faulk and Welker to gobble up. Im very irritated at the mangina (yea I said it :)). The offensive gameplan was vanilla, the defense played good at times but was confusing at other moments. Cassel I believed attempted 2 passes over ten yards mid way through the third. Yet we never dared him to throw down field except that busted coverage on Moss. Congrats on the win, just wanted to get some thoughts and possible answer any questions anyone had on todays game about how a Jet fan might feel. Just remember before you taunt me to shreds, I have been a good poster here (I would like to think so :)).

I noticed that Rhodes and Revis were recipients of BB's post game hugs. No doubt both are on Belichick's future wish list. :cool:
I saw that. He exchanged more than a couple words with Rhodes. I'd love to see him in blue and white. As much as I'm enjoying LaMont Jordan.

I think the Cotchery PI was a joke of a penalty but it did not cost us the game.

Are you kidding me? Watch that play again and keep an open mind. You should thank Cotchery on that play because his grabbing of O'Neil prevented an interception. That ball was about to be picked before the offensive interference occurred. Watch it again and focus on the d-back. You seem reasonable... come back and give me your opinion once you look at it watching O'neil the entire time.

I saw that. He exchanged more than a couple words with Rhodes. I'd love to see him in blue and white. As much as I'm enjoying LaMont Jordan.

... amd I'm sure he'd like to play for a real coach/team too.

Are you kidding me? Watch that play again and keep an open mind. You should thank Cotchery on that play because his grabbing of O'Neil prevented an interception. That ball was about to be picked before the offensive interference occurred. Watch it again and focus on the d-back. You seem reasonable... come back and give me your opinion once you look at it watching O'neil the entire time.

Im not sure where to view it again but at the time I felt that COtchery made contact with him but it was ticky tack. O'Neal fell down b/c of himself not cotch putting his hand on him.

Good gameplan by you guys today, I understand you guys are still in the thrill of a huge win but I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the win. It was one of those text book definitions on why the Pats are the Pats. I thought we would win but by no stretch thought it would be a blow out. I felt we did a lot of these which were just ******ed gameplan wise. The Pats came out with the mind set of were going to stay short and simple, screens, quick slants, etc. We continuously blitz'd (I think thats a word) leaving large chunks of the field open for Faulk and Welker to gobble up. Im very irritated at the mangina (yea I said it :)). The offensive gameplan was vanilla, the defense played good at times but was confusing at other moments. Cassel I believed attempted 2 passes over ten yards mid way through the third. Yet we never dared him to throw down field except that busted coverage on Moss. Congrats on the win, just wanted to get some thoughts and possible answer any questions anyone had on todays game about how a Jet fan might feel. Just remember before you taunt me to shreds, I have been a good poster here (I would like to think so :)).

K-Ro-25,

There are fans of other teams, and ther are trolls. As far as I am concerned you ar always welcome to post your viewpoints here.

You most definitely are not a troll.

Classy reponse on showing up, too

Thanks for the post.

I think Coles needs to work on the basics. He seemed to have slippery fingers. It happens to every WR, just about every game, but there were a couple of throws to the outside he just should have caught.

I think the interference call was technically correct, but another ref might not have called it. As the announcer said, though, it may not have looked all that bad ("ticky tack"), but in real time it was clearly to get him away from the ball. I've seen Moss called on much less!

At any rate, the Jets should have a winning record this year. When you buy Favre you are buying a sometimes reckless gunslinger. The wins are euphoric, but the losses can make ya' pissed. I'm a big Favre fan and love watching him, so you should have a roller-coaster season.

I agree with the posters that dislike the Jets playcalling. You have a gunslinger, use him. Go long more!

Harrison > Rhodes

Pats > Jets

Wow, take of the homer glasses. We all love Rodney here, but Rhodes is a better safety right now, and 10 years younger.

Im not sure where to view it again but at the time I felt that COtchery made contact with him but it was ticky tack. O'Neal fell down b/c of himself not cotch putting his hand on him.

The call wasn't made because O'neil fell down.... the call was made because Cotchery grabbed his arm to prevent a sure interception. Oneil was between the ball and Cotchery at the time.

Doesn't really matter...... but it was a good play by Cotchery (to grab his arm and save the interception). But it was also the correct call. See ya when we see ya.... I beleive it's a night game at the razor.

Btw... Love the way Belichick made Mangini look like a waterboy with the fake punt. The beauty of that play was the Jets called the timeout (their last) before the punt... the Patriots bring the offense back on the field and the Jets have to line up to prevent the 1st down. Then the Pats run the punting team back in but it's too late for the Jets to switch because they have no time outs... and if they drop back Bill can fake the punt and pick up the foot needed for the first down. Not trying to rub it in but I know you called Magini Mangina ealier in this post. The look on Manginis face was that of utter confusion. I love Belichick!

Last edited:
cool post, my NFL-fan comrade.

Don't worry, the Jets will likely get better as the season progresses and as their new qb gels with the offense...or not...

Are they trading us Brett for Gutz? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore