PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Jim Rice

Congrats also. Not the most cordial guy to the media, which is why he may have waited so long. I remember when him and Lynn came up that year, wow.

Congrats also. Not the most cordial guy to the media, which is why he may have waited so long. I remember when him and Lynn came up that year, wow.

And if he hadn't broken his wrist in September of 1975, the wait might only have been 67 years instead of 86.............

I'm thrilled that Jim Ed finally made it in, but wish it hadn't taken so long. The guy was a monster at the plate compared to the people that he played with. Had the lid never been blown off the steroid era, he probably never would've made it in.

He deserves it, Congrats Jim!

Great to see this guy finally get in. Well deserved.

Never got to see Rice play, but I'm glad he got in. I was worried that the sabrmetric jerkoffs were going to influence the voters enough to keep him out of Cooperstown forever.

Made my day yesterday to hear that news. #14 was a hero of mine in the 70's.

I've always said that if he got in, I'd go to his induction in Cooperstown. Anybody know how realistic it would be to get tickets?

When I've been at Fenway for years during the 1990s and 2000s, whenever a Sox left fielder fails to make a play I always scream out "Rice would've had that!"

The Rice case proved yet another way in which baseball is a joke. If you don't kiss up to the media, you don't get voted into the Hall year after year even if you were the best hitter of a more-than-a-decade-long period of time. Unbelievable.

I've always said that if he got in, I'd go to his induction in Cooperstown. Anybody know how realistic it would be to get tickets?

Tickets are not the problem, it's the hotel rooms. It's in a pretty isolated area of New York state without many hotel rooms. any other weekend of the year and it's a relatively cheap stay. On induction weekend, , rates skyrocket and are limited. I booked last night and the closest i could get was a Hampton Inn 20 miles away, for 3X what they normally charge...
Tickets for reserved seating can be had for $50 IIRC and general admission way in the back is pretty cheap. Even though there are only 2 inductees, they expect many members of Red Sox nation..and i don't think it's for Ricky....

Back in the day Rice was one of the most feared hitters in all of baseball.

Tickets are not the problem, it's the hotel rooms. It's in a pretty isolated area of New York state without many hotel rooms. any other weekend of the year and it's a relatively cheap stay. On induction weekend, , rates skyrocket and are limited. I booked last night and the closest i could get was a Hampton Inn 20 miles away, for 3X what they normally charge...
Tickets for reserved seating can be had for $50 IIRC and general admission way in the back is pretty cheap. Even though there are only 2 inductees, they expect many members of Red Sox nation..and i don't think it's for Ricky....

Thanks, Philly, this is great info. Any idea when tickets go on sale? If you're confident enough to book a room first and get tickets later, I might go that route, too....

Thanks, Philly, this is great info. Any idea when tickets go on sale? If you're confident enough to book a room first and get tickets later, I might go that route, too....

I signed up with a few of the online ticket brokers to get alerts when they go on sale but as I posted earlier, worst case scenario is lawn seating way in the back...and the cost for reserved seating is relatively cheap..compared to say pats tickets or playoff tickets.....

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back