PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Brees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers posted were their age and not number of touchdowns (not all were accurate with age either) I think the record is a tremendous accomplishment and I wish nothing but the best for Drew. Everyone knows the differences in the NFL from 1984 to 2011 so I am not sure why that keeps getting brought up. As a Pats fan who watched us lose at the hands of Marino many times I am happy that he no longer holds the record.

well then really only the Giants have a chance, because its not -20 degrees much in san francisco either.

Giants have no chance. The only team that may have a slight chance is San Francisco. Slight....in this QB driven league, not sure "managing" like Smith does will be enough...eve with a very tough D.

Last edited:
No doubt Brees is aided by the Dome play, but let's not take anything away from the guy. Great record and Brees has been a great QB for quite some time. In fact, behind Brady, I might put him at the next best (even ahead of Rogers), but it's close.

Brees' accuracy is pretty amazing.

I'm not a Marino fan either....but credit where credit is due. He played in a time when it was actualy okay to hit people on the football field.

Giants have no chance. The only team that may have a slight chance is San Francisco. Slight.

I don't think they do. You want to put a rookie coach, and a team with no playoff experience , used to sunny 80 degree weather, into Frozen tundra against and Veteran Packer team with Rodgers ?

Hell their weather is better than ours,lol.

Last edited:
I don't think they do. You want to put a rookie coach, and a team with no playoff experience , used to sunny 80 degree weather, into Frozen tundra against and Veteran Packer team with Rodgers ?

Hell their weather is ways better than ours,lol.

Have you been to San Fran? Sunny and 80? December, Jan, Feb weather is typically 45-55. Kind of raw. I've been there.....Sunny and 80....nah.

Congratulations to Brees, the Saints and their fans (with a special shout out to Pherein!).

No matter how vigorously we might debate the value of an individual record, anytime a player accomplishes, over an entire season, something positive of this nature that no one else has accomplished in the 37 years of 16 game schedules, it is truly significant.

He will definitely add to the record on Sunday, as the Saints are still playing for the bye and they are in the early game and won't know the 'niners final W/L.

Last edited:

Hell their weather is better than ours,lol.

I think the playoffs are going to surprise people. Teams will have to play defense to advance, and some of the regular season favorites won't be able to match teams that few more under the radar, imo.

A team like the Niners is really built for the playoffs. If all you have is a passing game, you could be in trouble.

The Saints probably have the best D out of the 3 big passing teams, so they can at least put up a fight in a lower scoring game...

Brees' accuracy is pretty amazing.

I'm not a Marino fan either....but credit where credit is due. He played in a time when it was actualy okay to hit people on the football field.

Indeed.... I think Marino is a tool myself...... But the record being broken is bar far more impressive then the record being set (no matter who, Brees or Brady, sets it). It's a different game now then it was then and it by far favors the offense.

You not only can't can't hit anyone, DB's can't even play close on them anymore. You can't even watch a game anymore without seeing gads of WR's running wild and free in the secondary just about every play.

All you really need these days is a QB that can throw the ball, and an o-line that give him a few seconds.

Last edited:
600 yards could be doable if Brady throws about 60 passes and gets off one or two 99 yard passes like he did with Welker in Week 1

1) Brees will be adding to his record because the Saints are playing for the Bye in an early game (SF plays late).

2) I hope the Pats pull Brady the moment the outcome of the Buffalo game is clear, presumably in a positive direction. It's an important record and milestone, but his fourth Lombardi is more important.

No. But Marinos season is still arguably the most impressive ever.

Well, there has to be an understanding of both sides of the argument. Yes, Brees is now the record holder but it certainly is a different game. The league is so pass heavy that Marino's season still should shine as the greater of the two accomplishments given the circumstances.

It's like comparing Barry Bonds to Hank Aaron. Hank Aaron's record stood for sooooo long that it truly was a testament to how great his accomplishment was. It took this long for someone to break it despite performance enhancing drugs, smaller ballparks, and expansion (ie, diluted pitching talent). It should not be a surprise, that when the record did fall that we would still consider Hank Aaron's achievement to be that much greater despite not officially holding the record.

Consider the NFL expanding the schedule to 21 games. You would still hold Brady's 50 TDs to be better than player X's 51 in a 21 game season.

If it were Brady we'd be hearing how classless it was to be running plays out of the shotgun up 3 scores in the 4th quarter just to get the record. Then we'd hear that the celebration was classless, I mean god help us if Ladanian Tomlinson were on the other team in that scenario.

I was actually thinking that.....how much does the record really mean if it doesn't come in the flow of the game?

On Breaking Dan Marino's most passing yards record. And way to credit your teammates for it.

Brees also should credit:

* The popularity of fantasy football.
* Bill Polian and the NFL Rules (Change) Committee.
* Artificial turf.
* Playing home games indoors.

Brees also should credit:

* The popularity of fantasy football.
* Bill Polian and the NFL Rules (Change) Committee.
* Artificial turf.
* Playing home games indoors.

-his offensive minded coach
-his 2 pass catching running backs

congrats to a great QB and a classy organization

it could not of happend to a better guy he will go down as one of the best QB's to ever play the game

Agreed, and he also deserves the 2011 MVP. An amazing season.

Agreed, and he also deserves the 2011 MVP. An amazing season.

Eh, he has a case, still think Rodgers deserves it which I hate because Brees is by all accounts a great guy and Rodgers seems like a prick. It's unfortunate that Brees has had 2 seasons where he normally would have been the MVP but he's going to lose both.

Eh, he has a case, still think Rodgers deserves it which I hate because Brees is by all accounts a great guy and Rodgers seems like a prick. It's unfortunate that Brees has had 2 seasons where he normally would have been the MVP but he's going to lose both.

Rodgers seems like a prick? Why do you say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes