PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Brees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were Brady we'd be hearing how classless it was to be running plays out of the shotgun up 3 scores in the 4th quarter just to get the record. Then we'd hear that the celebration was classless, I mean god help us if Ladanian Tomlinson were on the other team in that scenario.....

Prisco's on it.

Last edited:
all class...huge fan of Brees.....a real man, a real professional.

Guess what D, if you don't want him to score on your dime...STOP HIM.

Historical night..

1. Drew Brees (41) 5,078 2011 NOR
2. Dan Marino+ (23) 5,084 1984 MIA
3. Drew Brees (29) 5,069 2008 NOR
4. Tom Brady (34) 4,897 2011 NWE
5. Kurt Warner (30) 4,830 2001 STL
6. Tom Brady (30) 4,806 2007 NWE
7. Dan Fouts+ (30) 4,802 1981 SDG
8. Drew Brees (32) 4,780 2011 NOR

Brady will pass Brees on sunday. Until then , happy to give Brees his few moments in the sun. This might be new to the media, but not to NE or NO fans.
Tom and Drew have been putting up these kinds of yards consistently for awhile now. It was only a matter of time before they both broke it.

LOL, what a douche. I'm pretty sure he's a Falcons fan anyway.

I always had him pegged as a Colts fan with all his ragging over the Pats and Indy cheerleading over the years. But maybe he just sees his role as being a wet blanket for all occasions.

Brady will pass Brees on sunday. Until then , happy to give Brees his few moments in the sun. This might be new to the media, but not to NE or NO fans.
Tom and Drew have been putting up these kinds of yards consistently for awhile now. It was only a matter of time before they both broke it.

Except that Brady will almost certainly not pass Brees. They will both play at 1:00, and right now, Brees has a 190 yard lead on Brady, and there's essentially no way that Brady will pass Brees next Sunday. If Brees had a 4:15 game that might have allowed Brady to get by him....for a little while anyway.

So what's weird is that Brady is going to pass Marino, but there will be no fanfare attached to it because he won't actually be breaking any records.

I'm still kind of amazed by how they chose to do it. Late in the 4th, w/ an insurmountable lead against a division rival who they'll likely have to face in the 1st playoff round. 3 shotgun formations.

It doesn't exactly scream "records aren't important to me."

Last edited:
I'm still kind of amazed by how they chose to do it. Late in the 4th, w/ an insurmountable lead against a division rival who they'll likely have to face in the 1st playoff round. 3 shotgun formations.

It doesn't exactly scream "records aren't important to me."

They stopped the game, records are clearly very important to them. I don't think the Patriots would stop the game (they literally took a time out) but Brady broke the TD record on the road so I don't know. That said I do think we'd line up the same way regardless of the score to set the record.

Except that Brady will almost certainly not pass Brees. They will both play at 1:00, and right now, Brees has a 190 yard lead on Brady, and there's essentially no way that Brady will pass Brees next Sunday. If Brees had a 4:15 game that might have allowed Brady to get by him....for a little while anyway.

So what's weird is that Brady is going to pass Marino, but there will be no fanfare attached to it because he won't actually be breaking any records.

Hmm good point. Well Brady put 387 yds on buffalo last time you played them, and Brees put 359 yds on carolina last time, our next game.

Slim chance ,but if the 49ers are getting killed by the Rams in the 3rd quarter, and we are up by 21pts, SP will sit Brees.

Hmm good point. Well Brady put 387 yds on buffalo last time you played them, and Brees put 359 yds on carolina last time, our next game.

Slim chance ,but if the 49ers are getting killed by the Rams in the 3rd quarter, and we are up by 21pts, SP will sit Brees.

More likely the other way around, if the 49ers are killing the Rams. The 49ers dont really kill anyone though so I expect Brees to play as long as that game is close.

Not sure why you think that Pherein. Brees won't come out of the game until it's for sure put away. He'll probably sit the 4th quarter but i doubt he'll go out before then.

Didn't Brady have 50 TDs in '07?

More likely the other way around, if the 49ers are killing the Rams. The 49ers dont really kill anyone though so I expect Brees to play as long as that game is close.

Right , either way. Its a slim chance, but hey Bradford might be playing, so you never know.

600 yards could be doable if Brady throws about 60 passes and gets off one or two 99 yard passes like he did with Welker in Week 1

.....Brady plays outdoors.

Drew Brees has some magnificent receivers to play with. A good o-line and their defense - not great - but light years ahead of the Pats. It's too bad that they have to play in Green Bay - you know, Outside - no way they beat Green Bay IN Green Bay.

They stopped the game, records are clearly very important to them. I don't think the Patriots would stop the game (they literally took a time out) but Brady broke the TD record on the road so I don't know. That said I do think we'd line up the same way regardless of the score to set the record.

Offensive records should only be broken by teams with horrible defenses!!!!

Or something like that. Breaking a record because you "have to" isn't more impressive than breaking it because you "want to". Brees is rightly loved by his coaches, teammates, and fans, and as such all the above probably wanted this for him just as much if not more than the man himself. He's earned it, and I can completely understand any desire on his part to reach this achievement. Despite him being mentioned in the same breathe as TB and PM, I always got the feeling that people considered him the lesser of the three. Setting this record is a big step for him in validating that he is very much so on the same level as the big two from this generation.

Congrats to a great football player and person for cementing his legacy. It's unfortunate that setting records and the such is so important in doing so, but we all remember how most outside of NE considered PM > TB pre-2007.

Brady 450, Brees 250, steal the record Brady!

Congrats Drew, but if Brady has a chance to own the TD record and yardage record, win!

Brady - 0 dome games.
Rodgers - 3 dome games.
Brees - 11 dome games.

No doubt Brees is aided by the Dome play, but let's not take anything away from the guy. Great record and Brees has been a great QB for quite some time. In fact, behind Brady, I might put him at the next best (even ahead of Rogers), but it's close.

.....Brady plays outdoors.

Drew Brees has some magnificent receivers to play with. A good o-line and their defense - not great - but light years ahead of the Pats. It's too bad that they have to play in Green Bay - you know, Outside - no way they beat Green Bay IN Green Bay.

well then really only the Giants have a chance, because its not -20 degrees much in san francisco either.

This is a bit off-topic.....but my Lord, what a qb driven league this has become. I understand that there is more than one way to skin a cat, but can you see a defensive oriented team win the SB this year? I mean, if you do not have a top QB, your sunk. So, you will continue to see the same 'ole teams time and time again, until these top QB's make way to for the new top QB's - and then their teams will be in the hunt time and time again. The league has mandated this. You can't hit anyone, PI is like sneezing, teams that have no business being a pass happy team feel compelled to be pass happy. Football Madden-game style. As a Pats fan, yes, this benefits my team....but c'mon. Do teams even use a fullback? Safties can't hit anyone. Defenders are afraid of hitting QB's half the time. Why bother drafting a RB in the first round? How many "great" QB's can there be in every draft? One? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back