PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comeback Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobias funke

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Who are the other serious candidates besides Brady at this point?

My guess is Carson Palmer, but he even has competition on his own team (Cedric Benson).

Darren Sharper didn't come close to the season he's having now last year, but he wasn't that bad.

I hate to say it, but if Favre continues to play at this level, he might deserve to be in the conversation as well.

Given where they came back from, Brady has already won it IMO.

I'm sure Brady will take it going away, but it doesn't hurt to discuss who he is theoretically 'competing' with.

I hate to say it, but if Favre continues to play at this level, he might deserve to be in the conversation as well.

You don't get CPOY for coming back from sucking. . . .

You don't get CPOY for coming back from sucking. . . .

In fact, you do:

The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972 (except for 1985) by Pro Football Weekly and since 1998 by the Associated Press. The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.

If Minny gets a bye, there will lots of votes for Favre.

The "Boners For Favre Group" would never ever admit that he had a bad performance last year or any year.

You must have been one of the people who argued that he couldn't possibly help the Vikings...

You must have been one of the people who argued that he couldn't possibly help the Vikings...

Actually I think he's great for the league and breathed new life into a boring division. Of course if he suffers a late season collapse it definately won't be his fault.

Benson deserves serious consideration as well.

Actually I think he's great for the league and breathed new life into a boring division. Of course if he suffers a late season collapse it definately won't be his fault.

We shall see. It was definitely his fault last year, but that fault should be shared with Mangini and Co. for not taking him out of the starting line-up. How many quarterbacks do you know of who can throw an accurate football with a torn bicep?

I think the Bengals also have a third candidate (Chad Ochocinco), but at this point there are many potential candidates. I think Brady would have to be the leader as of RIGHT NOW...

We shall see. It was definitely his fault last year, but that fault should be shared with Mangini and Co. for not taking him out of the starting line-up. How many quarterbacks do you know of who can throw an accurate football with a torn bicep?

None. The Jets had little choice but to roll the Favre dice. (at least in Mangini's mind)

I'm not sure how Cadillac Williams doesn't win this award. He came back from multiple devastating knee injuries, has had his career written off several times, and yet stole the starting RB job out of the blue in Tampa and is having a very solid year.

I'm not sure how Cadillac Williams doesn't win this award. He came back from multiple devastating knee injuries, has had his career written off several times, and yet stole the starting RB job out of the blue in Tampa and is having a very solid year.

Another good choice. Too bad he probably won't get it just by virtue of playing in Tampa.

because QB is about 15 times more important than RB. RB just isn't an important position.

Cedric Benson saved his career. Hard not to give him the award over anyone else not named Brady.

because QB is about 15 times more important than RB. RB just isn't an important position.

Yes, but that's not what the reward is about. It's about an individual overcoming difficult circumstances. FYI, Garrison Hearst won the award twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes