PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

Holy crap, Tank had an unbelievable game! Good to see the team didn't play down to the level of the opposition.

He did pretty well, but you're the one that came away with a sack ;)

Only 64-0? Man we are slacking... JK! Great win everyone! :D

He did pretty well, but you're the one that came away with a sack ;)

Evidently the QB was just too tired from running away from Tank all day.

BTW can someone make Pio the starting DT? Right now Tank is listed as the starter for both NT and DT. Thanks!

Evidently the QB was just too tired from running away from Tank all day.

BTW can someone make Pio the starting DT? Right now Tank is listed as the starter for both NT and DT. Thanks!

I did that because I want to see the higher level player getting as many snaps as possible and I'm not sure if the NT setting is only used for the 3-4 formation which is not in place yet. Someone tell me how wrong I am, but I am not sure that the NT and RILB/LILB are used in the starting lineups.

i can confirm 100% that the 2 defensive tackles in the 4-3 are called the DT and the NT in this game. You are right about the ILB positions however as those do not do anything at the moment.

i can confirm 100% that the 2 defensive tackles in the 4-3 are called the DT and the NT in this game. You are right about the ILB positions however as those do not do anything at the moment.

Right, NT and DT are both in there as separate positions, and Tank needs to be in at NT all the time since he's the one that's been building the "D-line General" special attribute, which is only good for the NT position. No issue with playing time, just want to make sure the positions are correct.

I did that because I want to see the higher level player getting as many snaps as possible and I'm not sure if the NT setting is only used for the 3-4 formation which is not in place yet. Someone tell me how wrong I am, but I am not sure that the NT and RILB/LILB are used in the starting lineups.

NT is in on every play, in every formation. Tank is my guy, so I've been studying this pretty closely, and I'm 100% certain. The DL in the 4-3 consists of a left defensive end, a defensive tackle, a nose tackle, and a right defensive end. It's really not a big deal, since Pio starts at DT either way, but the depth chart might as well reflect it. Tank can be a backup DT, no prob, but every snap that he plays NT, he can trigger a stamina and morale bonus among everyone else on the DL (and playing defensive line takes a boatload of enery, so it really is necessary). Plus NT positions him right over center so that, on teams with a sub-par center, like the Mustangs, he can collapse the pocket on practically every other down.

Last edited:
Looks like Tobias won the "first to 16" contest. Congrats!

My guy Arnold Schwarzenegger had 15 pancakes, nice

Pretty boring day to be a linebacker since nothing could get past our d-line =p

And, looking down the road to better opponents, has anyone taken a look at the last 3 teams on our schedule? They have a combined 23-1 record (8-0, 8-0, 7-1). Just our luck, the only team we will play from the other division is the currently undefeated one. And the team that beat us in the opener has lost to two of those teams.

Last edited:
An ok win today guys.

I'd like to re-address my concerns regarding the RB position. I posted this in the team forum as well.

Ok. I think its really unfair that Tatupu is not getting any touches where as Mongo is. Hell, Mongo is getting more touches than my player.

If you want Mongo to get running time, put him 3rd behind Maroney and Tatupu. Or increase the running plays done by the fullbacks. You can also get Mongo playing time behind my player by changing the advanced energy settings to something like SUb at 75 and return at 80. That pulls the starter out sooner and gets the back-up more snaps.

But, seriously, its ridiculous that Tatupu has gotten only 6 carries when he's the quickest RB we have (as far as I can tell since Fnord doesn't have Maroney's attribs visible
wink.gif
)

I'm imploring some tactics changes.. I don't know where we are at % wise from pass to run, but it looks like 65/35 pass to run. Which seems to be TOO MUCH.

Also, if I can make the suggestion, the QBs should not have favorites set. There was one series where the Back-up went to Welker with 6 straight passes. Only 2 of them were completed. That's an issue. And we ended up missing a FG on that series.

Great win guys! Benjamin Walter very pleased to have contributed with 0 drops!

:D

Not sure how we fell to 3rd place. :confused:

That was kind of a squeaker win. But a win is a win.
I'm already looking to the Tasmanian devils.
I see that their QB only has 3 TD passes vs 15 INTs and has also been sacked 15 times.
We need to get to the QB and force him into some turnovers.
That will make the game a lot easier for us.
Also, their RG is only level 7, so whoever is lined up over that guy should be able to get a lot of shots in on their QB.

Their RB only averages 30 yard per game with a 3.4 ypc, so I don't think they pose much of a threat running the football. This will allow us to really go after their QB and shut down the passing game.

On defense, their #1 CB has a ton of shutdown skills but his base stats in speed/agility are quite low, so that could be a physical mismatch to possibly exploit.

Tough one tonight, but we've got the heart of a champion. After a few weeks of being quiet, David Cross layed the lumber to lead the team in tackles. Kind of suprised my man Chris Boynkins didn't even have a stat in 60 snaps though.

A question about defensive playcall: Does anyone know why we consistently drop our ends into coverage? If it's just part of the game, I need to increase my attributes to be a better coverage guy.

All in all, a w is a w...looking foreward to posting another one.

Jesus, 9 tackles. I haven't had that many since our defense was terrible!

Haven't watched the play by play yet but it's nice to see another W on the board vs. a decent opponent. Next week should be another cakewalk.

An ok win today guys.

I'd like to re-address my concerns regarding the RB position. I posted this in the team forum as well.

Mosi Tatupu has been mostly inactive and currently has 17 energy since he's apparently been AWOL with intense training on.

There's nothing I can do that will get a guy with 17 energy more touches so I went with someone whose character wasn't inactive.

As far as the run/pass percentage we set that based on how we feel the upcoming game might go. Generally teams have been winning more with the running game so defenses are set to defend the run more so I set us to pass a bit more than normal the last two games. I'd love to get my RB 40 carries a game but I'm more interested in winning.

Last edited:
Wait Bruinz is trying to get more touches for an inactive? lol nice

Mosi Tatupu has been mostly inactive and currently has 17 energy since he's apparently been AWOL with intense training on.

There's nothing I can do that will get a guy with 17 energy more touches so I went with someone whose character wasn't inactive.

As far as the run/pass percentage we set that based on how we feel the upcoming game might go. Generally teams have been winning more with the running game so defenses are set to defend the run more so I set us to pass a bit more than normal the last two games. I'd love to get my RB 40 carries a game but I'm more interested in winning.

I missed that tatupu only had a 17 for energy because I can't see the energy stuff.. . If that is the case, drop him from the depth chart and don't play him at all. However, looking at his profile, he was on yesterday. I also just messaged him to let him know he needs to get to 100% energy. Not playing him in a couple of games will help get his energy up as well.

What can we do about running the FBs more? And getting another RB to help spread the wealth as they say...

Last edited:
Honestly though why are we worrying about our tactics while we are on an 8-game winning streak? Obviously they are working pretty well right now, unless I'm mistaken?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back