PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Invites

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that would mean the opposite. Barwin was originally seen as a borderline 3rd round pick, and became, in the eyes of some, a potential first round pick.

I think he was marketed pretty darn well.

And he played pretty well last year given his amount of playing time. His numbers as a backup compare very favorably to LaMarr Woodley's numbers (taken at the same spot, #46, 2 years earlier) as a rookie:

Woodley: 16 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 passes defended
Barwin: 18 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 4 passes defended

So, the stated goal of the committee is to invite every prospect who's likely to be drafted. If all 32 Comp picks are awarded, that's 256 picks. There's 330 guys on their list, at least 74 guys who won't be drafted. And no Freddie Barnes? Seriously, he didn't get enough votes? Not enough guys on the committee think he'll be drafted?

I'm guessing his Pro Day will be well attended.

So, the stated goal of the committee is to invite every prospect who's likely to be drafted. If all 32 Comp picks are awarded, that's 256 picks. There's 330 guys on their list, at least 74 guys who won't be drafted. And no Freddie Barnes? Seriously, he didn't get enough votes? Not enough guys on the committee think he'll be drafted?

I'm guessing his Pro Day will be well attended.

Gotta remember that the Combine is run by one of the scouting organizations. I am surprised that Barnes isn't there because he's rated as a 5th round pick by NFLDraftScout.com.

BTW, NFLDraftScout had something interesting. There are between 32 and 45 players who do not get combine invites who end up getting drafted each year..

Gotta remember that the Combine is run by one of the scouting organizations. I am surprised that Barnes isn't there because he's rated as a 5th round pick by NFLDraftScout.com.

BTW, NFLDraftScout had something interesting. There are between 32 and 45 players who do not get combine invites who end up getting drafted each year..

Also interesting is the 100-125 players that don't get drafted at all and went to combine.

Vollmer did not get a combine invite last year, which seems quite silly now. Ditto for Welker

Still the NCAA career leader in receptions can't get an invite? Considering how Vollmer and Welker have worked out for the Pats, they shoudl draft the kid form Bowling Green just because he didn't get an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes