PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Columnist: T.O.'s star has "drastically fallen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point- most people don't remember that catch. That was before Owens had established himself, but for me that was when I realized "goddamn, this guy's going to be a player in the league...". Steve Young threaded the needle with that pass, but goddamn it took absurd talent and concentration for Owens to haul it down.

Bottom line, Owens is a hell of a player on the field. An all-time great, even. Everyone but apple strudel is well aware of that, though, so I think we can pretty clearly chalk it up to a) common sense, and b) strudel has, for whatever reason, completely lost his mind. Maybe Owens ran over his dog a few years ago or something.

And Kontra, I don't know if you got the memo, but it came through just last week. Offensive players are supposed to not want the ball now. They're supposed to hope that it gets thrown to someone else, or something.

Haha, i kind of feel bad for Owens. I really think he has handled himself well since coming to Buffalo, but it sucks that him and Evans are just wasting away.

I was happy when the Bills got him, but i knew this season was going to be a disaster after seeing the preseason. The offensive line is just abysmal and injuries are destroying us. It seems like the Bills have been in a perpetual state of quasi-rebuilding for years now. I hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but it looks like we are going to blow this thing up at the end of the year...

Last edited:
Haha, i kind of feel bad for Owens. I really think he has handled himself well since coming to Buffalo, but it sucks that him and Evans are just wasting away.

I was happy when the Bills got him, but i knew this season was going to be a disaster after seeing the preseason. The offensive line is just abysmal and injuries are destroying us. It seems like the Bills have been in a perpetual state of quasi-rebuilding for years now. I hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but it looks like we are going to blow this thing up at the end of the year...

Yeah, ultimately I think the Bill just lack an OC and a QB. Without those two components, you can have the best WRs on the planet and it just won't matter. Didn't Schonert come out and outright say that he got fired because he was trying to install a pro-level offense, and Jauron wanted to keep it dumbed down to essentially college-level? Yeah... that'll never work.

I can't honestly say that I feel bad for T.O., since if he wasn't such a crappy teammate he would have had a home, but by many accounts he really wasn't the problem in Dallas: more a convenient scapegoat + not an ideal fit in that offense. Regardless, none of that could change the fact that he's an insanely talented football player.

Last edited:
Yeah, ultimately I think the Bill just lack an OC and a QB. Without those two components, you can have the best WRs on the planet and it just won't matter. Didn't Schonert come out and outright say that he got fired because he was trying to install a pro-level offense, and Jauron wanted to keep it dumbed down to essentially college-level? Yeah... that'll never work.

I can't honestly say that I feel bad for T.O., since if he wasn't such a crappy teammate he would have had a home, but by many accounts he really wasn't the problem in Dallas: more a convenient scapegoat + not an ideal fit in that offense. Regardless, none of that could change the fact that he's an insanely talented football player, who I'm convinced has a pretty major and undiagnosed mental illness.

LOL:D You could be right...

Jauron has to go, the guy has the worst winning percentage of any coach since the merger.

Schonert said Jauron wanted a pop warner offense. The offense is a joke. This season was over before it started IMO. We need a shake up in the front office because whoever made the decision (Marketing guy playing GM Russ Brandon?) to trot that sorry excuse of an offense line out there every sunday is an idiot. What did they expect to happen? The line could eventually be good in the future, but anyone with half a brain knew it would be a disaster at least early on. Not having a quarterback isn't helping either.

It just doesn't make any sense. They trade Peters which to me says that they are rebuilding and then they sign TO which says we want to win now?
I mean which one is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes