PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
De facto commish Bill Polian at it again, ruling the league with his iron fist. Will anyone stand up to this guy? If this was a CBS issue why then can we still hear Nantz? www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Like Holey said today during his show, the bully Polian is really running this league. How does someone get on the competition committe anyway?

Good point. I'm still convinced the Colts used artificial crowd noise. Even if it wasn't, how can they explain the no Coach to QB communication? BB said they had no way of communicating with Brady, unless they did hand signals. Even if the Colts had their off too (probably not though) it doesn't mean as much to them since "Forehead" likes to call his own shots anyway. I want to hear what the Colts and Polian pull out of their ***** for an excuse there.

any camera on the field would've captured the audio. I believe that if we had something other than the broadcast feed that had the same 'skipping' sound, we would have a case. Since I've seen/heard nothing other than the original broadcast, I'd say this is a dead issue.

The Colts cheat. They have not been caught yet

If there are only a couple of things we learned from Spygate, it's that a) teams around the league oftentimes know what other teams are doing to bend the rules, b) before a team gets caught redhanded, the practice is first the subject of rumors (vehemently denied) around the league.

Whether or not yesterday's glitch was CBS or the Colts, anyone with an ounce of objectivity would be inclined to think that hte Colts probably used this practice in the past. There's enough smoke that the fire was more likely there than not. Either way, the issue is now exposed on a level that it never was before. The Colts would be about as stupid as the Pats were in week 1 to continue trying to use this tactic, which means a significant portion of their HFA might now be neutralized.

Good point. I'm still convinced the Colts used artificial crowd noise. Even if it wasn't, how can they explain the no Coach to QB communication? BB said they had no way of communicating with Brady, unless they did hand signals. Even if the Colts had their off too (probably not though) it doesn't mean as much to them since "Forehead" likes to call his own shots anyway. I want to hear what the Colts and Polian pull out of their ***** for an excuse there.

Regardless of what the truth is, the fact that we can still hear the announcers over the skipping means absolutely nothing. They use multiple feeds at all points in the game. If you can't grasp this concept, then don't even bother to post; at least you'll avoid looking like an idiot (and, by association, making all of us look like idiots too) that way.

pats ownership will go along with this...Goodell discussed the decision to hide this, he couldnt afford not to...

maybe were getting our pick back?

Last edited:
It seems like if this noise phenomenon could be heard in stadium than everybody in the stands and at least some of the players on the bench would have heard it. I am not saying Colts definitely didn't do it, I just think it would have been addressed by the players if it was heard in the stadium.

It's one of those bogus "apologies". i.e.- I'm sorry if any of you were offended.

They still haven't explained why the Pat's QB/Coach headset wasn't working for 90% of the game.

Regardless of what the truth is, the fact that we can still hear the announcers over the skipping means absolutely nothing. They use multiple feeds at all points in the game. If you can't grasp this concept, then don't even bother to post; at least you'll avoid looking like an idiot (and, by association, making all of us look like idiots too) that way.

I just said I have my opinion (from past situations) that the Colts did it and not CBS. I also said that even if it wasn't true, they still didn't explain the no communication with Coach to QB. That was a CLEAR advantage for the Colts, even if their headsets were off too. Read my post before calling someone an idiot. You're looking like an idiot yourself if you don't know how to read an entire post. I have my opinions.

It's one of those bogus "apologies". i.e.- I'm sorry if any of you were offended.

They still haven't explained why the Pat's QB/Coach headset wasn't working for 90% of the game.

Exactly. 10

I just said I have my opinion (from past situations) that the Colts did it and not CBS. I also said that even if it wasn't true, they still didn't explain the no communication with Coach to QB. That was a CLEAR advantage for the Colts, even if their headsets were off too. Read my post before calling someone an idiot. You're looking like an idiot yourself if you don't know how to read an entire post. I have my opinions.

Yeah, that's my bad, I meant to quote the post that you were quoting, which said that it couldn't be a CBS glitch since we could still hear Nance. I apologize.

Man, for an "official statement," that seems pretty unprofessional to me.

FWIW, The Colts will be in a new bigger retractable roof stadium next year, so the small dome acoustics will be gone. (Unless Polian puts in a drop ceiling for the Patriot games) No need to worry about the dome any more Patriot fans, unless the seventh sign of the apocalypse comes and the Patriots lose two games. And that ain't gonna happen.

Oh, someone peed in their Cheerios.

Well, tough ****. It was fishy and it's good it got looked into. And it's not like the evil Patriots are the first and only team to accuse them of this. This has been around for years. Hardly "ridiculous".

And I still think they do it, too. However, I don't lose sleep over it. Not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes