PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/colts_response_1.html

November 5, 2007
Colts response
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Colts have released the following statement today:

"In reference to questions regarding the audio transmission of yesterday’s game, please refer to the following statement from the NFL:

CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast. It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium.

We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way."

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:57:27 PM

filled with hate...

Hey the fact that they had to waste ten minutes on this makes me laugh.:D

sounds like they got together with cbs and made it up.

Who released that statement, the Easter Bunny?

I'm pretty whatever with the whole audio gate thing, but I find it interesting that they waited until after the NFL (very quickly) released it's statement to follow-up with their own statement.

Dunno, if I were accused of something I knew was false the first thing I would do is scream about the claims being unfounded and ridiculous; I wouldn't wait until after I was exonerated to thump my pious & innocent chest. ;)

the colts will definately be getting theirs in the end.

karma baby.

they are such hypocrites and small people.

sad organization.

that's why their in god-forsaken indianapolis.

IQ is not exactly rampart there.

any team who was accused of doing something like that, and didn't do it, would immediately come out and say it's not true.

It's funny that they don't address it and wait until the NFL sweeps it under the rug. Then they copy and paste what the nfl says and uses it as their response.

little fishy there.
You would have thought they would have just denied it.

The best thing about this is that you know Polian is furious his team lost to the Pats and this thing just had to piss him off even more. Ha!

Even the commentators said how the crowd kept on making noise when usualy the noise dies down a little as the game goes on.

I dont believe 'em :bricks:

exactly keegs. one good thing i think is they will think twice about doing it again...i am sure goodell gave them a call...ok i am hoping :D

There is something definately fishy about this whole audio thing.

The Colts have been repeatedly accused of doing this by MULTIPLE NFL teams. This should be a smoking gun to the the NFL.

And now yesterday, they were finally caught with a national audience on live TV and its immediately dismissed as a broadcast glitch......

Its BS and everyone knows it. The NFL is trying to bury this thing as fast as they can because if it gets teeth, the press could have a field day.

And it would be another black eye for Goodell. Something he's desperately trying to avoid

I'm pretty whatever with the whole audio gate thing, but I find it interesting that they waited until after the NFL (very quickly) released it's statement to follow-up with their own statement.

Dunno, if I were accused of something I knew was false the first thing I would do is scream about the claims being unfounded and ridiculous; I wouldn't wait until after I was exonerated to thump my pious & innocent chest.

there wasn't exactly a ton of time - the accusations came out at 8pm and they released the statement about 15 hours later.

The reason they didn't release anything until after CBS did is b/c the Colts were probably waiting in suspense themselves to see if there was a smoking gun for something they know they do.

sounds like they got together with cbs and made it up.

exactly.

Polian is power-mad and a cheating, demented freak.

I have no doubt there is back room crap going on to a large degree.

that refereeing was not a mirage. it was real what you suspected.

the question is, what will the pats ownership do about it?

exactly keegs. one good thing i think is they will think twice about doing it again...i am sure goodell gave them a call...ok i am hoping :D

Yeah its ridiculous and unfound even though the Pats already suspected the Colts of doing it in last years championship game and just like the Steelers did in a MNF game against the Colts in 2005.

there wasn't exactly a ton of time - the accusations came out at 8pm and they released the statement about 15 hours later.

I'm sure dozens of reporters and media members phone Polian and other Colts brass asking for a statement between now & then. And they clearly didn't want to issue one.

Who cares.. the Pats won't be going to Indy anytime soon.

poliam will probably see to it that next year's game is in indy again.

it's his only hope.

De facto commish Bill Polian at it again, ruling the league with his iron fist. Will anyone stand up to this guy? If this was a CBS issue why then can we still hear Nantz? www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Like Holey said today during his show, the bully Polian is really running this league. How does someone get on the competition committe anyway?

I feel bad for the dude that controls that faked piped-in crowd noise. He screwed up majorly and almost cost the Colts a lot of money and possibly some draft picks.

After seeing what Polian did that Jets official in the tunnel, I can only imagine the beating this guy got.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... CBS admitted the glitch was them. We should all move on. It is absurd to think the Colts do this even though all the evidence continues to support it (all the teams that accuse them of it, the incredible level of crowd noise in their dome compared to other places, the fact that the crowd noise never seems to die down as the game progresses, etc, etc)

Polian's doing it. He knows it. All the other teams know it. Even Goodall knows it. I can only hope that Goodall got on him behind closed doors and told him to knock it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back