PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts, Pagano Agree To Contract Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
66285417.jpg

Last edited:
Resigning Grigson is a far steeper penalty than anything Goodell & his band of former Jet employees imposed on the Pats for framegate. At least the Pats will only lose one first rounder. Grigson has thrown away the Colts last three first rounders & will find a way to blow at least 2 more over the life of his extension.

Nice to see Irsay has decided to piss away Luck's prime years. As long as Grigson's there, we'll never know how good Luck could be.

According to Rapoport

Maybe Irsay's figuring it out

37381-well-done-sir-gif-Imgur-Wiserh-Tr7d.gif

@caplannfl
#Colts also want to extend contract of GM Ryan Grigson, who has one year left on his deal.

LOL

funny-gif-baby-laughing-roll-over.gif

Nope

Would love to know what Andrew Luck is thinking right now. I bet he got a sharp pain right in his kidneys when he heard the news.

Pigson and Piguano...Irsay must have invested in Armour Foods...
Did you see the press conference? If Irsay wasn't sitting between them, Grigson and Pagano would've been strangling each other.

Would love to know what Andrew Luck is thinking right now. I bet he got a sharp pain right in his kidneys when he heard the news.

You have to feel for the poor guy (Luck). Through no fault of his own, he has ended up with, by far, the most disfunctional and incompetent owner / GM pair in the NFL, and it isn't close. IMHO there are worse coaches than Pagano, but with idiots like Grigson and Irsay buying the groceries the choice of coach is almost irrelevant.

.....this has to be some maneuver by Grigson (who is personally close to Irsay) to have a sacrificial lamb ready for next year's failures. If Grigson had picked a new coach, he might get the blame for next year's failures.

I have been thinking Grigson is the biggest idiot in the NFL, but I may be wrong. He is obviously the most incompetent GM in the NFL, but his command of Machiavellian office politics must be better than I thought. :cool: At the very least, he has somehow managed to convince Irsay and keep his job, although that may not be a high bar to clear (or, perhaps Irsay being high at the bar is the problem). :D

Last edited:
Indy has some serious drugs

wonderful news.

they can continue stocking up players from the 2008 pro bowl. sucks we don't play them next year.

what does general luck think about this?? what does he tell abigail?

what does general luck think about this?? what does he tell abigail?

image.jpeg

President Irsay,

Sir, my husband Gen Luck is despondent over the latest news from the great land of Indianapolis. As you may know from recent communications my dear husband is still not quite recovered from this most recent not-so glorious campaign. He bled for you and almost died for you. He has given his all...and had just recently come out of his cat room to discuss with hope the future.

I woke him up late this evening and he had dread in his eyes. Now sir, I am not one to speak out of line but...what have you been smoking!? When I woke him up..he knew. "Gen. Pagano and Commander Grigson are to be back?" he asked. He didn't believe me so I showed him the telegram from Gen (Ret) Polian. I must tell you, Mr. President, that my dear husband has had about enough. He is on the verge of losing faith completely in the cause and I fear is having a nervous breakdown.

He has gone back into his cat room and I fear he may never come back out. It is so bad and so frightening for me, that I have sent a message to President Belichick for his guidance. If Gen Luck needs to change sides and go to Foxboro then I am on board with it. You will have no one to blame but yourself and your crusade to "chase the dragon" as you have curiously referred to at times.

Extremely disgruntled and unhappy,

Abigaile

Grigson DRAFTED Andrew Luck! How many guys out there could have pulled that off? Who cares that every subsequent move has been a complete failure? Count Irsay as one who does not.

That was probably Grigson's pitch: "Hire me, and I'll bring you Andrew Luck. Just don't ask me how I'm going to do it. Or....maybe you'd prefer the Patriots get him?"

Unfortunately for him(team wise, but not financial) they can franchise him 3 years after next year.

When I read this, my first thought was, "But Luck has been around forever already" so I looked up his contract. His cap hit goes from $7M in 2015 to $16M for 2016, then he is an UFA in 2017 if unsigned by then, which is when they can franchise him. He's there for two more years if the Colts want him to be, regardless of what he wants.

He could ask for a trade, which would completely destroy everything in Colts Land if it became public, or even if Pagano found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents