PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts fans confident, worried more about Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a better team and the match up's are in our favor.

A rookie LT going against possibly the fastest DE in the league is a favorable matchup? Say all you want about how well he's progressed, but the pass-rush he's gone up against is nothing compared. As much as you like your WRs against the Colt rookie DBs, I like my DE's against your rookie LT. Should be an exciting game.

As for the Steeler comments, I think it was more of a "Steelers may be the 2nd best team in the division", which I guess we'll figure out Sunday.

All that stands in our way is poor officiating......

after that Carey near hatchet job last week ,you'd think so....but this crew Sunday night has a home team rating either #1 or #2 in the league, as far as penalties called for/against the two competing teams. Don't expect a balance in the calls, IMO.

I expect the Refs will make all the calls in favor of the Colts to the point it will look like the game is being rigged. Bill Polian loves using the refs to his advantage. I wonder if the fake crowd noise will come back just for this game. The Colts have been the refs darlings because of mr.competition committee Polian. I feel if the game would be officiated in a unbiased way the Patriots should get their opportunities to win.

everyone now believes only way of stopping Pats involves getting in Brady's face. So Dolts will be coming hard at him. we do have a rookie LT and a backup C playing in this game.

Not saying even with those 2 subs on OL I don't think the pats are the better team (due to our young and quick secondary). But I am saying that it only takes one more injury on the OL during the game and the house of cards could come down around brady's neck.

I'm sure BB has got guys practicing shotgun snaps and someone to take vollmer's place if he goes down.... but there is only so much depth you can have.

I have been spending some time on that colts.com forum and I have to say that 99% of those people are very nice. They kind of remind me of us: very supportive of their team, a little defensive, quite proud, friendly to respectful visitors, damn sexy, etc.

Interesting, I'm more worried about Pitt than Indy.

The few times I've stopped to check in on the Freaks forum they almost seemed resigned to the possibility of losing on Sunday. I sense few of the intelligent fans there are as enamored with this 8-0 version of the Colts as the media is or as they themselves were in past seasons. They were expecting a struggle with the coaching and personnel changes and seem to realize they are benefitting from a weak schedule and not winning impressively.

It's funny because it's all about expectations. Many patsfans here remain skeptical of the Pats because they were expecting 2007 de ja vu all over again...

Steelers seem to be the in vogue playoff flavor of the month after bouncing back from a rough start when Polamalu went down. Even though they're in second place in their division at the moment and already lost to the team in first.

We won't have a clear picture of these teams heading into the playoffs until mid to late December. Lots can happen between now and then. Injuries aside, for example Ben will have a brain fart game that gets blamed on his OL at least once down the stretch...it's who he is.

The few times I've stopped to check in on the Freaks forum they almost seemed resigned to the possibility of losing on Sunday. I sense few of the intelligent fans there are as enamored with this 8-0 version of the Colts as the media is or as they themselves were in past seasons. They were expecting a struggle with the coaching and personnel changes and seem to realize they are benefitting from a weak schedule and not winning impressively.

It's funny because it's all about expectations. Many patsfans here remain skeptical of the Pats because they were expecting 2007 de ja vu all over again...

Steelers seem to be the in vogue playoff flavor of the month after bouncing back from a rough start when Polamalu went down. Even though they're in second place in their division at the moment and already lost to the team in first.

We won't have a clear picture of these teams heading into the playoffs until mid to late December. Lots can happen between now and then. Injuries aside, for example Ben will have a brain fart game that gets blamed on his OL at least once down the stretch...it's who he is.

I agree, Mo. We surely won't know anything till Dec but I'd bet the farm that Pitt would be there. Say what you want about Big Ben, but the guy wins playoff games and Super Bowls.

All three of the best teams in the AFC this year and this decade should always be worrying about each other. We'll see who is best when it counts, in the playoffs.

We're playing the colts with lots of injuries in the secondary. This should make the difference IF AND ONLY IF we can protect Brady. If Brady is constantly under pressure, the weakness of their secondary won't matter much.

Yes, Freeney often wins a one-on-one matchup against either of our LT's. Moss and Welker win one-on-one matchups against the corners of the colts. So????????? I expect a TE to be helping out against Freeney on almost every play.

A rookie LT going against possibly the fastest DE in the league is a favorable matchup? Say all you want about how well he's progressed, but the pass-rush he's gone up against is nothing compared. As much as you like your WRs against the Colt rookie DBs, I like my DE's against your rookie LT. Should be an exciting game.

As for the Steeler comments, I think it was more of a "Steelers may be the 2nd best team in the division", which I guess we'll figure out Sunday.

Amazingly I know a lot of Colts fans and they are all worried about this game. They are also looking forward to this game more than any other regular season game this season, its the big one of the season for them.

I'd imagine thats very similar to Patriots fans. I for one am concerned about this game and realise the importance of it. And it is the biggest game of the season as far as I'm concerned, its the true test of just how good we are as it has been in the past.

I am not that bothered whether the Colts fans are giving us respect or disrespect. After all, they have beaten us four time in the last five meetings, right?

Only way we can stamp our dominance is to beat them soundly this time.

Here's hoping that we crush them tomorrow.

GO PATS!!

I think the Steelers are, as of this moment, the best team in the AFC. Mike Wallace scares me a third receiving threat, and Mendenhall is clearly going to get a lot of yards if there are any holes. The only reason that team isn't once-in-a-decade scary is Big Ben's mental lapses and 4 second blitz recognition. I've always felt this guy is the most overrated player in sports; surrounded by awesome talent and yet still unable to cut down his high interception rate.

I think the Steelers are, as of this moment, the best team in the AFC. Mike Wallace scares me a third receiving threat, and Mendenhall is clearly going to get a lot of yards if there are any holes. The only reason that team isn't once-in-a-decade scary is Big Ben's mental lapses and 4 second blitz recognition. I've always felt this guy is the most overrated player in sports; surrounded by awesome talent and yet still unable to cut down his high interception rate.

Yeah, he's one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL. The guy runs all over the place like an idiot, causing his O-Line to tire out in the process. In the vast majorit of games I've seen them play, I see at least one play where he scrambles all over the backfield and just lofts up a prayer to the middle of the field. Sometimes they get picked off, sometimes they don't. It's more or less pure luck. He can thank that Steelers defense for the past two Super Bowls they have won.

Yeah, he's one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL. The guy runs all over the place like an idiot, causing his O-Line to tire out in the process. In the vast majorit of games I've seen them play, I see at least one play where he scrambles all over the backfield and just lofts up a prayer to the middle of the field. Sometimes they get picked off, sometimes they don't. It's more or less pure luck. He can thank that Steelers defense for the past two Super Bowls they have won.

Yep... he's the only quarterback who can put up zero offensive points and still win on defensive touchdowns.

I'm watching the Pat/Colts game from Nov. 2003. There are so many similarities between this game and the one coming up. The whole 2003 season and this season have so many similarites. I'm not a superstitious person at all, but it's interesting.

-Coming off a playoff-less season because Brett Favre blew a game at the end of the year he should have won.
-Bill has a ton of draft picks and uses most of them on making an aging defense young.
-Bill jettisons Lawyer Milloy, a defensive leader of the team.
-Pats start the year with injuries all over the place, forcing them to play those younger players right away.
-Pats start the year slowly, 2-2 out of the gates. Brady looks average, throwing 3 picks in a game against Washington, led by Champ Bailey. People start wondering if the Pats made the right choice in keeping Brady over Bledsoe.
-An AFC West and South team grab all the headlines (KC and Indy).
-Pats win their next game against Tennessee. The never lose again.

-Coming off a playoff-less season because Brett Favre blew a game at the end of the year he should have won.
-Bill has a ton of draft picks and uses most of them on making an aging defense young.
-Bill jettisons Richard Seymour, a defensive leader of the team.
-Pats start the year with injuries all over the place, forcing them to play those younger players right away (Light, Mayo, Sanders, Taylor, Welker)
-Pats start the year slowly, 3-2 out of the gates. Brady looks average, missing wide-open receivers against NY, then Denver, led by Champ Bailey. People start wondering if the Pats made the right choice in keeping Brady over Cassel.
-An AFC West and South team grab all the headlines (Denver and Indy).
-Pats win their next game against Tennessee.

Great post.

Just one quibble -- did any Pats fan really wonder if the Pats made the right choice in keeping Brady over Cassel?

Great post.

Just one quibble -- did any Pats fan really wonder if the Pats made the right choice in keeping Brady over Cassel?

Every village has it's idiot.

For me he is in the group of good QBs behind Brady and Manning.
The reason being that he has proven himself to be clutch many times. He doesn't do the right thing all the time but when it matters he seems to come up with the right play including sometimes staying alive long enough to make that play. He has been a lot better this season too than previously.

I'm not surprised at all that there are a portion of Colts fans that are very confident they'll win Sunday and are more concerned with the Steelers. Is that really any different than there being a portion of Pats fans that are very confident the Pats will beat the Colts, and are more worried about New Orleans?

As for Pittsburgh, they are the defending Super Bowl champions, just came off a big win at Denver (where the Patriots lost), and seem to be reinvigorated with the return of Troy Polamalu. And since the Colts have beaten the Pats more often than not the last three years, are undefeated so far this season, hold a two-game lead over the Pats in the AFC, and are playing at home, it stands to reason that many of their fans enter the game with a certain amount of confidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case