PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts fans confident, worried more about Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our secondary and no doubt it is much better than the one we had last year, but we shouldn't get overconfident. The Broncos tore us up with the short pass. The Colts are even better at completing short passes than the Broncos. Belichick better have those problems fixed, or it'll be a loss for us on Sunday.

It's not just about containing Dallas Clark. Eddie Royal had his game of the season against the Pats. We can't let that happen with Garcon or Collie.

It's nice to see someone who can think rationally. Every message board has it's extreme homers, wankers, and to be honest, even colts fans have pissed me off big time with stupid talk.

The bottom line, is that the pats need this more than the colts. Even if the colts lose, it is not all doom and gloom. 8-1 is pretty damn good, and I'll take that start every year. The big games are during playoff time. It is, afterall another regular season game. But some people here are acting like this is the mid-season super bowl.

I'm not surprised at all that there are a portion of Colts fans that are very confident they'll win Sunday and are more concerned with the Steelers. Is that really any different than there being a portion of Pats fans that are very confident the Pats will beat the Colts, and are more worried about New Orleans?

As for Pittsburgh, they are the defending Super Bowl champions, just came off a big win at Denver (where the Patriots lost), and seem to be reinvigorated with the return of Troy Polamalu. And since the Colts have beaten the Pats more often than not the last three years, are undefeated so far this season, hold a two-game lead over the Pats in the AFC, and are playing at home, it stands to reason that many of their fans enter the game with a certain amount of confidence.

Thank you for that level-headed post. I expect this game to be good, no matter who wins.

It's nice to see someone who can think rationally. Every message board has it's extreme homers, wankers, and to be honest, even colts fans have pissed me off big time with stupid talk.

The bottom line, is that the pats need this more than the colts. Even if the colts lose, it is not all doom and gloom. 8-1 is pretty damn good, and I'll take that start every year. The big games are during playoff time. It is, afterall another regular season game. But some people here are acting like this is the mid-season super bowl.

Good point. Look at the Jets, they won the week 2 Superbowl!! This is an important game for both teams and I just hope all stay healthy and we have a great game.

I do expect that it will be among the Pats and Colts and the Steelers....(I think the Broncos are headed down some and will need to regroup..so I don't see them as a large threat now...) BUT..I think if the Steelers think too much about these other two teams, they MAY be in trouble. They ARE facing the Bengals this week and a loss could make a division crown a bit harder. They also have two with the Ravens and they also could be tough.

The Pats definitely need this game more than the Colts. As you say, it's not the playoffs, but it is undeniabily a big game for both teams, especially with Pittsburgh rounding into form. At least one of those 3 teams will have to play an extra playoff game and probably win 2 games on the road to get to the SB, which is definitely a harder path. All 3 teams have the capability of getting hot and winning out, but it's nice to have a bye week and home field advantage in the playoffs.

Colts are in the driver's seat right now. There's a big difference between 8-1 with a loss and 6-3 with a loss. If Indy wins tomorrow and Cincy beats Pittsburgh then I think the Colts are pretty much headed towards AFC home field advantage.

The next 3 games are put up or shut up time for the Pats. Win the next 3, including games against Indy and NO, and NE has to be considered the dominant team in the NFL. Lose all 3, and NE has to be considered an also-ran as a championship contender. Reality will likely be somewhere in-between, but tomorrow will really be the first chance to see if this team is an elite team, or just a very good team.

For the record, I think NE has better balance and depth than Indy, but Indy has been playing more consistently and making less mistakes. I think if NE plays really well it wins, but if NE doesn't then Indy wins. Indy will obviously have something to do with that. JMHO.

I expect the Refs will make all the calls in favor of the Colts to the point it will look like the game is being rigged. Bill Polian loves using the refs to his advantage. I wonder if the fake crowd noise will come back just for this game. The Colts have been the refs darlings because of mr.competition committee Polian. I feel if the game would be officiated in a unbiased way the Patriots should get their opportunities to win.

Are you serious?

But 9-0 is only possible by one team. They want it as bad as the Pats need it

Colts fans are worried about the wrong team, the Pats are coming to Town, and are going to turn it upside down.

The Colts are a good team, I honestly think that the Pats are a better one.
Those that are dissing the Pats, will be surprised........and the Pats aren't even on track yet.....
I bet the boys are licking their chops :D

Colts fans are worried about the wrong team, the Pats are coming to Town, and are going to turn it upside down.

The Colts are a good team, I honestly think that the Pats are a better one.
Those that are dissing the Pats, will be surprised........and the Pats aren't even on track yet.....
I bet the boys are licking their chops :D

i hope you are right. iam only cautiously optimistic about this game. Pats have been inconsistent on offense and defense. they gave up 2 90 yard drivesto orton .had miami run a 10+ min drive in the 3rd quarter.Dean pees and co frustate with the short passing game defense and indy can run it better than anyone.
the best qb they have faced is flacco .indy is hurting in the secondary but so where we in 2004 when we won 20-3. sometimes rookies need a chance to play too.. andespecially with their front 4 its going to be avery tough game for the pats. And brady hasnt been exactly lights out against indy either in the past .So lot of questions for the pats as much the colts.

they gave up 2 90 yard drivesto orton
Exactly. After that Denver game I find it hard to be really confident about any game the Pats play.

Exactly. After that Denver game I find it hard to be really confident about any game the Pats play.

Lord knows that drive is the end all of the Pats Defense!

They will NEVER do better than that!!.... :rolleyes:

Wake the FK up, and smarten up, this isn't yesterday.....

Some folks are just pathetic, and will never give the team a reprieve...I was at the front line when they where bombing, and I believe they are getting better!!

GO PATS!!!

Traditionally, BB has his football teams playing they're best football in December and January..with each month from September better than the one previous...Where as, the Colts traditionally come screaming out the gate in September...and look more and more worn down come January...as shown with their early playoff exits.

I am begining to see BB is doing it again...and there is momentum on our side in this game...

That denver loss was a fluke, the pats beat themselves in that game more than anything. for some reason they have so much trouble with denver.

I love how overconfident we get around here. Especially when very week, unless we're playing the Titans or Bucs, we're here complaining about our players, assistant coaches, etc.

I don't blame them for being confident, I would be too.

I believe they will DEMOLISH us. Manning's quick reads will kill us unless we can get pressure somehow, someway.

Traditionally, their fast quick defense has given us problems as well.

Interesting game-eroo.

That denver loss was a fluke, the pats beat themselves in that game more than anything. for some reason they have so much trouble with denver.

I knew any winning team with Kyle Orton as their QB had to be a fluke.

Denver has lost for the third straight week. teams have definitely started to figure them out. the question is, can the young McDaniels make adjustments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case