PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

colt brennan - QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

notex

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
a little OT because the pats arent in the market for a new QB really..but..

is there a reason this guy isnt talked about alot?? besides that hes from hawaii.. i mean he threw 51 TD's this year and all i hear about is brady quinn (for obvious reasons.. he plays for ND) but this kid is a straightup baller...oh yeah and he completed over 70% of his passes...during the Oregon state game the other night he had a chance to break NCAA records for touchdown passes , completion %, and efficiency rating as a QB...i also didnt catch what year he is maybe thats why...but certainly his name should be thrown out there i think he will be a better nfl qb than troy smith

also one of the hawaii receivers impressed me i forgot his name i know hes just a sophmore though (guy with dreadlocks....im drawing a blank)

a little OT because the pats arent in the market for a new QB really..but..

is there a reason this guy isnt talked about alot?? besides that hes from hawaii.. i mean he threw 51 TD's this year and all i hear about is brady quinn (for obvious reasons.. he plays for ND) but this kid is a straightup baller...oh yeah and he completed over 70% of his passes...during the Oregon state game the other night he had a chance to break NCAA records for touchdown passes , completion %, and efficiency rating as a QB...i also didnt catch what year he is maybe thats why...but certainly his name should be thrown out there i think he will be a better nfl qb than troy smith

also one of the hawaii receivers impressed me i forgot his name i know hes just a sophmore though (guy with dreadlocks....im drawing a blank)

Brennan's a junior, so he may or may not be coming out. My UNeducated guess, though, is that he won't. :)

The other thing is that he's a bit on the small side for today's QBs (6'3", but only 190#). Then again, that still gives him half a foot on Doug Flutie. :D

I don't like Hawaii players, no scientific reasons, they just seem soft to me, and the offensive players come from the run and shoot which doesn't seem to translate well to the Nfl.

Ashley Lelie is the only one in the NFL cept a couple gaurds (adrian Klemm) although maybe there were some busts that i dont know about that arent in the league anymore??

If I were a team looking for a QB i would be seriously looking at Brennan as a solid NFL starter, hes got the speed to escape rushes too...

Even more exciting is Bess the sophmore wideout...guy just seems to have a way of catching the ball in stride w/ his hands that i really like...

The system in hawaii is the run and shoot, it's so wide open that it has produced some of the most prolific college passers with some of the worst interception numbers. No one runs a system like that in the nfl that is as simple as the college run and shoots. That's why all those passers fail, take kliff kingsbury.

ashlie lelie is still in the league, slot receiver for the falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick