PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coach Pepper Johnson, Meet Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true.

But what Haynesworth did to a prostrate Andre Gurode, jabbing his cleats into his face with the intent of injuring, is beyond even what you admit.

This guy is worse than a jerk. He's more a criminal. And this is BB making a reach at little cost in order to plug the obvious whole Seymour's departure left us.

Remember the Ravens play-off game?

But Haynesworth appears to be overly sensitive to coaches. Maybe Pepper can be the guy that rejuvenates his career. He certainly was dominating at times in Tennessee.

I agree on that face stomping, but this is football and a lot of real dirty stuff has gone down among hall of famers. I'd cut him immediately if he did that here, but that's dirty play in the past.

Hey, I hate the guy, I'm just trying to put it in perspective. there are a lot of players who've done something dirty out of anger, or recklessness, including some Patriots.

This guy seems to combine the work ethic of Johnathan Sullivan, the sunny nature of Ted Washington and the all-for-one, one-for-all attitude of Adalius Thomas.

If Shanahan -- who's a pretty tough guy and has had his share of bad characters on his team -- just wants to see the back of him, that's a pretty strong character reference. With all due respect to RayClay, he looks far more of a trouble-maker than Randy or Corey.

(By the way, it must be great to be a reporter on the Redskins -- you can write those funny, snarky pieces all the time with no risk of running out of material.)

Holy sheet, that was awesome!

Are you old enough to remember Ken Simms? We drafted first, ahead of the next guy, someone name Lawrence Taylor out of UNC.

The only decent years Sims gave us was his contract year. Size, strength, arm length, proven record at Texas in college, the whole package that made him the unanimous best player in the draft that year...but he had no heart.

It just goes to show when he feels like turning it on he can dominate like one or two other interior D-linemen in the league.

And interior pressure is the best pressure. No place for a QB to go--unless you're Mike Vick--except backwards.

Kenneth Sims was Drafted in 1982 the year i was born lol and LT was Drafted in 1981 2th over all so the pats never had a shot at him, the pats and jets also passed on Dan Marino but this is not about comparing hall of famers with Draft busts it not that type of situation that will hurt the franchise for years to come this is about giveing up a 5th round pick two years from now for a potential top Dline men

Haynesworth has a mean streak, so does L Mankins, btw R Harrison was considered a dirty player and trouble when he came here.

BB and P Johnson worked with L Taylor who wasn't a choirboy how'd that work out?

Low risk high reward.

I'd go on to the say that the "position coach" most likely to make a difference is Vince Wilfork. Haynesworth WILL listen to Wilfork long enough to understand that Wilfork dealt with the same scheme issues (as a rookie/sophomore player), and learned to adapt his game to be very effective within the scheme.

There's a distressingly high chance that, with a better understanding of what it takes to succeed in the scheme, Haynesworth still won't feel like doing it. But Wilfork will at least help him understand it's possible.

You guys are exaggerating some. This is big enough to be on BB himself, too, one way or the other.

E.g., no DL coach who's struggled with Haynesworth has been blamed in the past.

That said, this could be Pepper's make or break season to actually get the Patriots DC title, even ahead of Patricia.

Here's an exhibit of what I'm talking about: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-reach-agreement-today-page3.html#post2601900

Haynesworth is something much worse than a "knucklehead."

There's hope, but it's a massive reclamation project on par with his physical dimensions.

It's the biggest coaching challenge Coach Johnson has faced in his career and will go a long way in determining his future.

Agreed. If Haynesworth keeps his yap shut and plays, it is immense. He's enormous - 6'6" 335-plus: Richard Seymour-sized.

Much as I hate to dump on UNC guys, Jeff Saturday's gonna wish he spent more time working out and less time hugging Bob Kraft and eating jelly beans during negotiations when he has Vince and Fat Albert snorting at him across the line. The guy's gonna be a turnstyle.

"Let me massage your neck, Peyton - with my foot!!!"

I like this a lot given the running games in the AFC East and among the AFC playoff-caliber teams. Stuff the run and let Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton (Miami) and Ryan Fitzpatrick take their chances with the Pats DBs - have a nice day, boys. This also looks pretty good if you think about match-ups with Pittsburgh's shaky O-Line, Manning and his shaky O-Line, and Baltimore's Ray Rice-centric ground game.

Let's hope Fat Albert has a clue.

This guy seems to combine the work ethic of Johnathan Sullivan, the sunny nature of Ted Washington and the all-for-one, one-for-all attitude of Adalius Thomas.

If Shanahan -- who's a pretty tough guy and has had his share of bad characters on his team -- just wants to see the back of him, that's a pretty strong character reference. With all due respect to RayClay, he looks far more of a trouble-maker than Randy or Corey.

(By the way, it must be great to be a reporter on the Redskins -- you can write those funny, snarky pieces all the time with no risk of running out of material.)

Yes, but...BB would not waste his time on a guy, no matter how low the pick, if he didn't think he could work with him.

Also, when it comes to available 6'6" dl with nasty attitudes who can rush the passer, it's probably a list of one.

He apparently has a lot of respect for BB, the Patriots and Brady too.

It really has zero to do with Moss and dillon, BB evaluates each situation independently, and i have to say his track record is pretty good.

Shanahan has a dysfunctional team and he's trying to get rid of bad apples and make his mark. The Patriots situation is just the opposite, a team with great leadership and maturity that's missing only a few key pieces.

BB is willing to work with a problem player IF he believe football and winning are important to the player, and IF the player has all pro talent and upside.

That is the case here. If he doesn't buy into the program he is gone, the guaranteed money is not a factor since he skipped minicamps OTA's last year as I understand it,

I want my team to win on Sundays and succeed in the playoffs. The players on my team are not my friends or my family.

Low risk, high reward. If AH can still play, good move. If not, cut him and lose a 2013 5th...

Let's win games.

I know Haynesworth is one big individual. Regardless, I wouldn't f#ck with Pepper Johnson...

The main difference being he Patriots didn't pay him millions of dollars. If he's a unredeemable f--- up, you cut him and say goodbye to a 2013 5th rounder. This trade is all reward and no risk.

Exactly, BB must feel he and the coaches and character players here can make it work, Im sure they'll know before the opening day rosters are set and they can cut their losses. Im pretty sure BB wouldnt do this if he didnt think it had a high percentage of working. Im sure hes talked to AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News