PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Close To The Cap At $9M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to sign 3 vets; Arian Foster if healthy with incentive laden deal, Nick Fairley - DT and Terrelle Brown or similiar cb. Draft DT and T in Round 2. Cut Amendola, Cannon and Chris Jones. We'd have enough room to extend Jamie Collins. Hightower and Sheard extensions won't increase their cap figure in 2016.

Little or no money to spend, yet they just signed Nate Washington....

He signed a Minimum Salary Benefit deal

I haven't yet seen any financial terms of the deal, though Aaron Wilson says it's for one year. I was just tweaking mgteich....

He tends to run a bit conservative and concerned about the cap during the offseason, while I tend to be less alarmist.

I haven't yet seen any financial terms of the deal, though Aaron Wilson says it's for one year. I was just tweaking mgteich....

He tends to run a bit conservative and concerned about the cap during the offseason, while I tend to be less alarmist.
Got ya. I haven't seen the exact terms either and jumped to a conclusion. I guess some have been speculating it's a MSB deal

The point here is simple. When you see something that you don't understand, and the information you have causes you to think it might be wrong, rather than saying, "you are wrong" it is more fruitful (for yourself, the conversation, and society in general) to say "I don't understand...this is how I see it...can you explain why you see it differently?". This requires a commitment to delayed emotional gratification, as do most worthwhile things in life.

And when there is one individual who has made the personal sacrifice to become a rocket scientist while the rest of us are playing with fireworks, this principle is even more the case.

Your point is well taken and I should have phrased it that way. Now please consider the following:
  1. I am relatively new here and had no idea who Miguel is nor how he is considered.
  2. I responded to the first replies about my post (the original one) by looking up what salary figures were (thinking that is what we were talking about) and posted that along with a request to show where I was wrong. The only responses I saw were either deference to Miguel or the officious one by Galeb.
  3. The article may have been from 2015, but I didn't see any date, just stuff about 2016 on the side of the page and so assumed it was current.
  4. My posting was before I read on in the thread and saw the explanation that it was about net cost, not total salary. Had that been mentioned earlier, I never would have even put in that second post with that link.
Anyway, thank you Miguel for clearing up the situation. Yes, if the column headers had been May 30 and Sept. 10, then I would have understood earlier.

I wish I was $9 million under my cap. :(

Nate signed last year for $1million. Cheap for what he did for Texans:

rcv: 47
yds: 658
Avg: 14.0
Long: 49
Tds; 4

My guess is similar range.

Once Amendola agrees to restructure/pay-cut/get-cut and restructure other players, should have enough $$ under the cap.

Both our OT's have injury histories. Vollmer is in his contract year. Scar thought that Cannon was worth his pay as a a backup.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the team isn't ready to hand the backup role to Waddle, with Fleming or a 2nd or 3rd rounder as the #4 OT. Perhaps, just perhaps, Scar would like to see all of the OT's in camp before making a decision. Of course, an injury could affect a decision.
In Scars we trust I guess but....please... get rid of Cannon.

Anyway, thank you Miguel for clearing up the situation. Yes, if the column headers had been May 30 and Sept. 10, then I would have understood earlier.

You are so welcome.

It is a great idea to change the column headings to make them clearer so thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes