PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clint Eastwood contacted Bill Belichick to see if he wanted to take the Patriots to "American Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with the above. Kyle was a hero using the best sniper rifle with long range skill and accuracy.
A good documentary to watch would be " Inside the Crosshairs". Carlos Hathcock, USMC, had 93 confirmed kills in the jungles of Nam. He was known as White Feather by the NV for the feather he wore in his helmet just to taunt them. They had a bounty on Carlos's head. He shot the top NV Sniper through the eye as he was zeroing in on Hatchcock thru his sniper scope.

Thanks BT. I'm glad that you took my post in the way that it was intended. I don't always get my point across that well. I was trying to honor the greatness of men like Kyle while still keeping it somewhat light by comparing them to football players. My biggest error was neglecting to mention Kyle specifically. As an older man I feel blessed to have so many brave young men and women like him protecting my ample backside.

I saw another documentary a while back about some of the new weapons that the snipers have to use these days. I think it's a real advantage to have a round that goes into a wall and explodes with one head, while another head continues through the hole in the wall to a target on the other side. That sure beats an M14 or even an M16 by a long shot (pun intended).

Bradley cooper is a very talented actor who gets underrated because he's a pretty boy. One of the best performances I've seen in years

I think acting is way over-rated, but that's a topic for another thread.

Outlaw Josie Wales is his best for me. All time favorite western movie hasn't been mentioned - No Country For Old Men. And that's probably only just barely in Cormac McCarthy's best books. If they hadn't screwed up All The Pretty Horses so badly the Border Trilogy could have gone down as the best.

My brother bought a 44 magnum and hung a poster of Josie in his living room when that movie was playing in theatres.

He was a body guard for a corporate exec at the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes