PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Mike Tannenbaum would become a favorite for executive of year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: clayton:Mike Tannenbaum would become a favorite for executive of yr

========================================================

I did not find the article humerous. If the Jets were to go from 4-12 to a play off birth, that would make me think the GM is doing his job.

I'll leave the "humerous" and "playoff birth" alone...

However, if the Jets go to the Playoffs then the Jets awards should not go to Tannenbaum, but instead be awarded to the Patriots. By allowing the injuries of Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Lawrence Maroney, Adalius Thomas, Tank Williams, Sammy Morris, Lamont Jordan, Ryan O'Callahan and any other of the Pats players that would most certainly kick the crap out of the Jets if they were healthy.

Honestly, do you truly believe the Jets would have a prayer to win the division with a healthy Brady, Rodney, Adalius etc..??

The Jets only shot is this year, and it's got NOTHING to do with Favre, Tannenbaum or any other nitwit on the Jets roster. It's got everything to do with the Pats getting mauled by injuries....and they probably still win the AFC East.

Last edited:
The Falcons GM, Tom Dimitroff, should clearly be the favorite. But it's awfully hard to argue that if the Jets go from 4-12 to 10-6 or 11-5 that Tannenbaum did a bad job. He significantly upgraded the talent level and performance of the team. That is his job.

The Falcons GM, Tom Dimitroff, should clearly be the favorite. But it's awfully hard to argue that if the Jets go from 4-12 to 10-6 or 11-5 that Tannenbaum did a bad job. He significantly upgraded the talent level and performance of the team. That is his job.

exactly how I feel.

And the phins turn around isnt as astounding if not more so? Phins will finish above nyj when all is said and done. I've said it before and Ill say it again...

And the phins turn around isnt as astounding if not more so? Phins will finish above nyj when all is said and done. I've said it before and Ill say it again...

the phins are winning the division?:p

I'll leave the "humerous" and "playoff birth" alone...

However, if the Jets go to the Playoffs then the Jets awards should not go to Tannenbaum, but instead be awarded to the Patriots. By allowing the injuries of Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Lawrence Maroney, Adalius Thomas, Tank Williams, Sammy Morris, Lamont Jordan, Ryan O'Callahan and any other of the Pats players that would most certainly kick the crap out of the Jets if they were healthy.

Honestly, do you truly believe the Jets would have a prayer to win the division with a healthy Brady, Rodney, Adalius etc..??

The Jets only shot is this year, and it's got NOTHING to do with Favre, Tannenbaum or any other nitwit on the Jets roster. It's got everything to do with the Pats getting mauled by injuries....and they probably still win the AFC East.

===============================================

If the Jets go to the play offs it is because they earned it.

New England isn't the only team with injuries, injuries are just another part of the game.

The Pats are verry banged up, and missing Brady, I understand this, but I will not give the Pats a mulligan if the Jets beat them.

In other words I disagree with the premis of your post, I won't discount it all together, Where is the vaunted quality depth that we have heard so much about in the last decade..

New England isn't the only team with injuries, injuries are just another part of the game.

The Pats are verry banged up, and missing Brady, I understand this, but I will not give the Pats a mulligan if the Jets beat them.

In other words I disagree with the premis of your post, I won't discount it all together, Where is the vaunted quality depth that we have heard so much about in the last decade..

Where is the quality depth? Um...we are tied for first place with a QB who hasnt blah blah blah.

Although I dont agree with the post your copied that suggested the injuries to the Pats is THE reason the jets will make the playoffs.

Atlanta and Miami are A LOT more deserving of Executive of the year than the Jets. Not that Mike T did a bad job, the others have done better.

I have a question, how about Scott P putting together a team that can withstand the loss of Brady, Thomas, Harrison, etc. and still lead the division and potentially go to the playoffs.

Where is the quality depth? Um...we are tied for first place with a QB who hasnt blah blah blah.

Although I dont agree with the post your copied that suggested the injuries to the Pats is THE reason the jets will make the playoffs.

Atlanta and Miami are A LOT more deserving of Executive of the year than the Jets. Not that Mike T did a bad job, the others have done better.

I have a question, how about Scott P putting together a team that can withstand the loss of Brady, Thomas, Harrison, etc. and still lead the division and potentially go to the playoffs.

========================================================

Damit, another post I have to agree with.

:)

Tannenbaum will either be an exec of the year candidate or on the hot seat alongside his HC... And if he does survive and Brett finally actually retires the JETS are screwed...because they weren't retooled to sustain anything beyond a run this season and that pesky cap won't disappear if at all until 2010... Woody could not tolerate a rebuild that coincided with selling PSL's to a stadium they now share with a defending SB champion... And that is why Belichick advised his young protogee to pass on his first HC offer...the JETS have been run this way for decades now.

The Fins GM should be right there too. We'll see if they finish ahead of the Jets or the Pats, or Buffalo though.

The fact that we are in first place and this situation given all the injuries is a testment to the depth of the team. We lost the #1QB in the league and one of the best all time, our #1RB (not to mention our #2 and #3 for quite a while as well) our best safety, and our best LB.....and that's not even getting into the other players that are now on IR. I don't think anybody wants a mulligan, but at the same time it's pretty impressive we are where we are given the situation.

I think Mike T has done what was expected of him, and has given them a chance to win right now. The real question is at what expense has he done so?

Last edited:

BS. Even a moderately healthy Pats team wins the division in a walk. The Jets time may be now, but it has less to do with the Jets excellence and more to do with the Pats woes.

Falcons and Dolphins have made far more improvement then the Jets this year, so I owuld have their respective GM's ahead of Tannenbaum. Yes the Jets have improved vastly this year, but they have done so by singing older free agents guaranteeing large contracts. The Falcons and Phins have made equal, if not more progress, then the Jets but using far less cap space.

Just my opinion, but I'm enjoying the Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Michael Turner offense in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News