PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Even with Peppers, Pats not Super Bowl team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds are good he will be back as good as ever.

No, odds are that 2007 was a career year, and Brady will be back to 28TDs, 12 Ints, and 3800 yds.

please explain yourself....or do you normally just go around making stupid accusations at people? I know enough to know that I am NOT drinking the Kool-Aid on Galloway....so by your comment I am assuming you think Galloway is a LOT different from Stallworth at this point in his career? How do you figure? Do you see Galloway doing MORE this year than Stallworth did? You truly believe Galloway will get more than 700 yds and 3 tds, if even that??

Cant wait to hear this....

Hahaha, wow, another noob comes in with the guns blazing. For the record, I think that the guy that you're quoting was saying that Galloway is not a Stallworth-type receiver. i.e. he has better hands and runs more precise routes. I don't expect Galloway to be as fast as Stallworth, but I fully expect that, if healthy, he'll be a better receiver.

If you think that Galloway and Stallworth are interchangeable receivers, in terms of style, then I have a hard time believing that you've watched either one of them very much over the last couple of years.

And I don't really care if Galloway gets more than 700 yards and 3 TDs. If he keeps defenses honest, and helps to free up Welker and Watson in the slot and across the middle, then that's what matters.

No, odds are that 2007 was a career year, and Brady will be back to 28TDs, 12 Ints, and 3800 yds.

With this WR corps, TFB will far exceed 28TDs, inhibited only by someone targeting him and taking him out.

who cares what this ugly **** says

what are we supposed to do......not drink the Kool Aid and take the recommendations of the holier than thou "experts" like Deus who want to talk down their bony noses because a Clayton has a seeming bias?

and FYI Deus, until the Spygate mess and the daily onslaught of misinformation, disinformation and OUTRIGHT LIES vomited up by ESPN, I never,ever thought they were anything but as fair and agendaless as possible....

Funny, I've always thought that ESPN had an agenda, although I think the agenda has changed over time.

I take offence at your insinuation that anyone who thinks ESPN was biased towards the Patriots last season is naive and of low intelligence, and that there was no pattern or provable instance of such bias whatsoever. I'm 58 years old,degree'd from B.U. and retired from a successful career and I'll tell you that YOU are the one who is naive if you think there wasn't an ongoing campaign to denigrate the Patriots organization by that news source.

For the purposes of this discussion, I don't care what you took offense to, particularly because I didn't make the claim you are saying I made. I also don't care how old you are or where you graduated from. B.U. on the other hand, is probably ashamed at your apparent lack of reading comprehension. For example:

ESPN may have an editorial bias that leans "anti" Patriots, but that doesn't somehow make their reporting of trades and the like to be without merit, and I would think that it's obviously not just the Patriots that ESPN looks at for positive OR negative news.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/225154-clayton-even-peppers-pats-not-super-bowl-team-page2.html#post1325033

I don't have a high opinion of ESPN at all. I think that network lost its way a long time ago. That doesn't mean that the people on air don't know what they are doing.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/225154-clayton-even-peppers-pats-not-super-bowl-team.html#post1324986

How many hundreds of articles and clips does one have to see during a season like 2007 to understand that LIES do affect EVERYTHING around an organization, right up to the days before the Super Bowl and the Tomase lie, blabbered nonstop by EVERY ESPN bobble head on the air....continually...that whole week.....a LIE...Belichick actually admitted that IT DID affect the team and preparation. THAT is W-R-O-N-G. Stop talking down your nose and trying to make anyone here who wants to root for the Patriots in their own manner a bad guy because they don't see things in the strict, narrow manner YOU seem to demand.

What the hell does Tomase's piece have to do with Clayton? Also, it wasn't blabbered the whole week because the story wasn't broken that early. The article came out on February 2, 2008 and the Super Bowl was played on February 3, 2008:

Source: Pats employee filmed Rams - BostonHerald.com

NFL Game Center: Post Game - New York Giants at New England Patriots - 2007 Super Bowl

Next time read the bloody thread before losing your mind, and get your facts right while you're at it.

the point I was making ,despite a flawed memory as far as Tomase was concerned, is that YOU have a lot of g'dmned nerve telling fans that ESPN has no discernable agenda vis a vis the New England Patriots....you NOW deny what YOU have printed earlier in this thread? As for your haughty,dismissive remark about my educational qualifications, it is YOU ,pal that comes across some kind of self appointed genius on these threads. You are continually arrogant and argumentative no matter the subject or content, day in, day out...and you always end any confrontation with "you are wrong and I am always right!"....well, here....choke on this smart azz...

or the record, fans of pretty much every team have the same, or similar complaints about ESPN, Peter King, and pretty much every major sports outlet in the country. It's not because all the national reporters and companies have it in for every single team. It's because fans are too blinded by their team affiliation to take an honest look at what's going on. ESPN may have an editorial bias that leans "anti" Patriots, but that doesn't somehow make their reporting of trades and the like to be without merit, and I would think that it's obviously not just the Patriots that ESPN looks at for positive OR negative news. I would think that the way they've covered the Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos over the past 12 months would suffice to show that.

They bashed the Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos like they did day in and out month after month, every game like they did to the Patriots in 2007-8?

Idiot

Last edited:
the point I was making ,despite a flawed memory as far as Tomase was concerned, is that YOU have a lot of g'dmned nerve telling fans that ESPN has no discernable agenda vis a vis the New England Patriots....you NOW deny what YOU have printed earlier in this thread? As for your haughty,dismissive remark about my educational qualifications, it is YOU ,pal that comes across soem kind of self appointed genius on these threads. You are continually arrogant and argumentative no matter the subject or content, day in, day out...and you always end any confrontation with "you are wrong and I am always right!"....well, here....choke on this smart azz...

or the record, fans of pretty much every team have the same, or similar complaints about ESPN, Peter King, and pretty much every major sports outlet in the country. It's not because all the national reporters and companies have it in for every single team. It's because fans are too blinded by their team affiliation to take an honest look at what's going on. ESPN may have an editorial bias that leans "anti" Patriots, but that doesn't somehow make their reporting of trades and the like to be without merit, and I would think that it's obviously not just the Patriots that ESPN looks at for positive OR negative news. I would think that the way they've covered the Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos over the past 12 months would suffice to show that.

They bashed the Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos like they did day in and out month after month, every game like they did to the Patriots in 2007-8?

Idiot

I'm not denying anything. Feel free to point to a post that I missed saying what you claim I said. Here's your statement:

YOU have a lot of g'dmned nerve telling fans that ESPN has no discernable agenda vis a vis the New England Patriots....you NOW deny what YOU have printed earlier in this thread?

Now find where I said that. Once you realize that I never posted such a thing in this thread, feel free to admit it. In the very quote you tell me to choke on, I stated the following:

ESPN may have an editorial bias that leans "anti" Patriots, but that doesn't somehow make their reporting of trades and the like to be without merit

Again, B.U. must be feeling terribly ashamed because your reading comprehension sucks on this thread. Now, stop digging because you're only making the hole you're in even bigger.

I don't know if B.U. is "proud" of me or even how an institution could possibly be "proud" but I'm pretty sure that graduating from the School of Engineering, Class of '73, cum laude, enjoying a lucrative career in my chosen field and retiring at age 50 would make a pretty good recruiting ad for said program.Now back to YOUR stupendous display of arrogance....

They have him on for the same reason they have Mort and the rest of them on: because they are good at their jobs. Despite what people here like to claim, those people are very good at getting information. The problem is that people forget the 99 accurate tidbits of information and spend hours bashing these people for the 1 tidbit they got wrong.

99% accurate...like the demonstrations of idiocy by Schlereth on "how it was done!!!!" that were summarily debunked by every football source questioned? the continued onslaught by Schlereth and others on that very ESPN program that made nightly and weekly "new charges!!!!!!" that were ALWAYS proved to be completely fallacious...all season long...is THAT the "99% accuracy!!!!!" you speak of?

Please forgive the rest of us poor iddle widdle thin skinned Patriot fans...yes, you are right...we should have listened to the ranting lunatics like Schlereth and Easterbunny and given them proper credit for their "99% accuracy!!!!!!"

Last edited:
I don't know if B.U. is "proud" of me or even how an institution could possibly be "proud" but I'm pretty sure that graduating from the School of Engineering, Class of '73, cum laude, enjoying a lucrative career in my chosen field and retiring at age 50 would make a pretty good recruiting ad for said program.Now back to YOUR stupendous display of arrogance....

They have him on for the same reason they have Mort and the rest of them on: because they are good at their jobs. Despite what people here like to claim, those people are very good at getting information. The problem is that people forget the 99 accurate tidbits of information and spend hours bashing these people for the 1 tidbit they got wrong.

99% accurate...like the demonstrations of idiocy by Schlereth on "how it was done!!!!" that were summarily debunked by every football source questioned? the continued onslaught by Schlereth and others on that very ESPN program that made nightly and weekly "new charges!!!!!!" that were ALWAYS proved to be completely fallacious...all season long...is THAT the "99% accuracy!!!!!" you speak of?

Please forgive the rest of us poor iddle widdle thin skinned Patriot fans...yes, you are right...we should have listened to the ranting lunatics like Schlereth and Easterbunny and given them proper credit for their "99% accuracy!!!!!!"

Given that I'm not an employee of ESPN and I'm not in any way attached to that company, I don't know where the "arrogance" is supposed to have set in just because I defended them against assertions made by posters.

Now, what were these weekly "new charges" that were made by ESPN? Kindly list them for me, and demonstrate to me how they were ALWAYS proved to be completely fallacious....all season long.

QUOTE WAR, everyone. It's a QUOTE WAR!!!

bspn = sux

QUOTE WAR, everyone. It's a QUOTE WAR!!!

Joker said:
You know what, this is getting out of hand. I love you bro.

Deus Irae said:
Yeah, you're right. This IS getting pretty stupid. Agree to disagree?

Joker said:
Definitely, man. Wanna catch a flick?

Deus Irae said:
Absolutely! Any suggestions?

Joker said:

Deus Irae said:

And thus ended the great quote war of March 24, 2009. Stay tuned for continued bickering on pseudo-interesting topics circa 2007 by highly educated google experts, available immediately below this post...

And thus ended the great quote war of March 24, 2009. Stay tuned for continued bickering on pseudo-interesting topics circa 2007 by highly educated google experts, available immediately below this post...

Boursin cheese is excellent with a nice hearty wheat cracker. The key is to take it out of the fridge and let it come up in temperature a bit so that it will spread easily. It's really a great hors d'oevre for small gatherings.

Boursin cheese is excellent with a nice hearty wheat cracker. The key is to take it out of the fridge and let it come up in temperature a bit so that it will spread easily. It's really a great hors d'oevre for small gatherings.

Boursin cheese is NOT excellent with a nice hearty wheat cracker. You are a liar and a fraud.

Boursin cheese is NOT excellent with a nice hearty wheat cracker. You are a liar and a fraud.

OT

Boursin is one (herbed or peppered) step up from cream cheese (indeed there are recipes on the Web to make an ersatz version from Philadelphia Cream Cheese), wasn't even made until sometime in the 50's or 60's and became a favorite of those who didn't know good cheese from Cheez Whiz, probably because they thought it was suffisticated to eat something that sounded French.

If I'm going "down market" for cheese, I prefer good old Velveeta, microwaved with Salsa and served with chips on Sunday Afternoon. It's an honest, unpretentious snack and mmm mmm good, even if some of my snoot friends find it declasse.

Otherwise, I'll take a nice Point Reyes Blue (the US is producing some world class cheese now in California and, yes, Iowa), a ripe Brie de Meaux (ok, they do make a lot of great cheese in France) and a Raw Milk Manchego, all with a nice fresh Baguette or simple crackers.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is in this thread or not? Golic from Mike & Mike stated that the Jets would win the AFC East

Couldn't believe my ears when Clayton said this on ESPN radio's "The Huddle" yesterday afternoon.

Jeremy Green, Clayton's co-host, said the Patriots are already the clear favorites to win the SuperBowl (even w/o Peppers).

Later in the show Joey Galloway was interviewed and he sounded really cool. Said he was fully expecting to get his 40 time down to the 4.2's by training camp.

QB12

Better for us, the least attention we get, the more people write us off, the better it will be, I hope we go into the playoffs with a 10-6 record and just cream everyone thereafter.
Low key style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back