PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Even with Peppers, Pats not Super Bowl team

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Clayton is made of glass.

Honestly, I don't care about any other storylines besides those that concern the Patriots.
And espn and their "correspondents" have been wrong or bias enough times regarding the Patriots that I have chosen to disregard anything they say regarding said team.
I don't think they have much journalistic integrity. I think they are more concerned with making money from advertising. They are more like the McDonalds of reporting. IMO
I don't thin I'll waste my precious time looking through their "storylines" thanks.

That is what's known as a cop out.

For the record, fans of pretty much every team have the same, or similar complaints about ESPN, Peter King, and pretty much every major sports outlet in the country. It's not because all the national reporters and companies have it in for every single team. It's because fans are too blinded by their team affiliation to take an honest look at what's going on. ESPN may have an editorial bias that leans "anti" Patriots, but that doesn't somehow make their reporting of trades and the like to be without merit, and I would think that it's obviously not just the Patriots that ESPN looks at for positive OR negative news. I would think that the way they've covered the Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos over the past 12 months would suffice to show that.

Last edited:
That is what's known as a cop out.

For the record, fans of pretty much every team have the same, or similar complaints about ESPN, Peter King, and pretty much every major sports outlet in the country. It's not because all the national reporters and companies have it in for every single team. It's because fans are too blinded by their team affiliation to take an honest look at what's going on. ESPN may have an editorial bias that leans "anti" Patriots, but that doesn't somehow make their reporting of trades and the like to be without merit, and I would think that it's obviously not just the Patriots that ESPN looks at for positive OR negative news. I would think that the way they've covered the Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos over the past 12 months would suffice to show that.

I would'nt know, I don't watch espn anymore, and I don't care about those teams.
Cop out? What it that supposed to mean?
Bottom line: Clayton said something that many of us think is dumb. I say what do you expect to come out of espn? Something insightful? Not likely seeinmg as espn is known for ****ty reporting regarding this team.
I think they suck, and so do others. If you want to believe what they say, or watch their programs, than that's your right.
I'm 40 years old, and reasonably intelligent ( I think), and I choose not to get any of my so-called info regarding the pats from a source that I don't feel is reliable, accurate, or neutral.
Maybe other teams fans dislike espn because espn does a ****ty job of reporting on their teams as well.

Last year the Steelers beat up the Pats pretty bad,,

Does getting Brady back add enough talent to turn that loss to a win, i.e make the Pats better than the Steelers???

What/who stops the pass rush?
I dunno, does Randy Moss hang onto his touchdown if Tommy hits him in the hands the way Matty did? It's hard to win when your dropping balls in the end zone.

I would'nt know, I don't watch espn anymore, and I don't care about those teams.
Cop out? What it that supposed to mean?
Bottom line: Clayton said something that many of us think is dumb. I say what do you expect to come out of espn? Something insightful? Not likely seeinmg as espn is known for ****ty reporting regarding this team.
I think they suck, and so do others. If you want to believe what they say, or watch their programs, than that's your right.
I'm 40 years old, and reasonably intelligent ( I think), and I choose not to get any of my so-called info regarding the pats from a source that I don't feel is reliable, accurate, or neutral.
Maybe other teams fans dislike espn because espn does a ****ty job of reporting on their teams as well.

Ummm.... exactly what did Clayton say, and what was the context?

was the 90 lb jagoff standing in front of a fake backdrop of book cases filled with academic journals?

he's a moron, i can't remember the last time this guy has said something that actually came true, that we didn't already hear from someone else... you know, im not sure it has ever happened.

You're right. There aren't any such avenues as WEEI sports radio right in New England, WFAN in New York, etc... And there's not anything like a Foxsports.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo! Sports, Sports Illustrated, NFLN, NBA network, The Golf Channel, regional sports channels like SUN or NESN, or sports message boards. There's nobody around like a Chad Finn or a Mike Reiss. If only there were a cable station that ran a weekly highlight show during the season...

There's just no way to get sports information and highlights other than turning to ESPN. It's impossible.

"While I get ready for work."

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time surfing while I'm getting dressed and giving my son breakfast. I do like how you gave me sports radio (especially WFAN) as a suitably informed alternative, though.

Re: John Clayton: Even with Peppers, Pats Not Super Bowl Team!!

Not paying much attention to the NFC, I never realized how fast he is. He must be considered one of the fastest guys in the league, right?

He is. Or rather he was. Several years ago they had a runoff in one of those nonsense
tv sports programs, and he was rated the fastest man in the NFL. He was beating out a fellow named Randy Moss. Moss and Galloway may be the fastest pair of WRs in the League as well as being talented. :singing:

Re: John Clayton: Even with Peppers, Pats Not Super Bowl Team!!

As a fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs I cant get over that little wimpy corpse having the same name as John Clayton Lord of Greystoke(Tarzan).....Everytime I see him I expect him to laugh ghoulishly and make some sick pun...as hes a dead ringer for The Crypt Keeper. But what really galls me is his total obvious bias against the Pats.

Elmer Fudd?
DW Toys

At 185 pounds at his OSU pro-day he ran a 4.18 40 and benched 415.

Talk about a physical specimen.

Uh oh, Clayton went full ******.

Uh oh, Clayton went full ******.

Hehe, yeah. And once you go full ******...

I must have missed where the Galloway thread fits in here. But agree with Deus: Our expectations of these guys are way too high. They bring a TON of sports news (and baseball ;)) all the time. Use the NEWS to form your own analysis. For real NFL analysis stick to NFLN or the NFP.

You also have to remember ratings is king. If they don't stir the pot, they're going to lose viewers and then advertisers, etc...

ESPN and co. owe their homes to the likes of Ass-Rod. Q-Bert, and Plaxico "you'll shoot your thigh out" Burress.

I mean, where would the Weekly World News be without Bat Boy and the end of the world?

Last edited:
Clayton also predicted the Pats would lose Super Bowl 36 by a score of 42-10, so I don't put much stock in his "expert" opinion.

Well, you have to remember that the Pats only won 16 regular season games in 07. So now that Brady's back and 2 years older, it's time to bang the gong about age again... let's see, there's Tom, who is not only old but also drained from his honeymoon, then there's Moss, and Galloway, and Fred Taylor... It's really just a terrible thing, the sad shape this team is in. And they lost Gaffney and Stallworth. Also: that Mayo character is young and inexperienced.

This could all add up to only 14 wins, unless anybody thinks that Taylor and Galloway are truly talented :D

PFnV

Who cares what the cryptkeeper thinks? Certainly not Belichick.

4.2's? lol... definitely not. Nobody at the combine this year even ran that fast, right?

If he could break 4.5, I'll be happy. He'll be 37.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back