PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Even with Peppers, Pats not Super Bowl team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Au contrar, ever hear of Bionics? It isn't a coincidence that they cancelled the Bionic Woman just in time for Brady's surgery. All this infection thing was a ruse for them to replace his leg with a Bionic one.

If he only has one bionic leg, how does the other one keep up?

I don't know. I don't trust a single thing that comes out of Bristol.

Well, you're welcome to take that approach. Personally, I think it's more than just a little bit over-the-top. While you can probably find more reliable sources for any sport within its field, you can't find a source for ALL sports anywhere in America that is a better combination of speed, information volume, and accuracy. NFL.com, for example, may be more reliable for NFL football, but it's useless for basketball, gives out less football information, and is generally (not always by any stretch) slower to have information even in football.

I don't have a high opinion of ESPN at all. I think that network lost its way a long time ago. That doesn't mean that the people on air don't know what they are doing.

Actually, it kind of does mean that. Yeah.

-Rob-

Actually, it kind of does mean that. Yeah.

-Rob-

That must be why so many of the people who constantly put it down are the same people who are posting the information from it. It's such a terrible entity that they just have to watch and listen to prove their point.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Their analysis is just fine. We live in an information age where everything is happening in a 24 hour cycle and they are forced to 'analyze' things the very moment something breaks, no matter how preliminary the information appears to be. It's no surprise that they aren't 100% correct 100% of the time, since nobody is. Besides, why the hell would anyone care about any analysis done by anyone in the media as anything other than as a curiosity and data point? The media is there to provide the information. It's up to the viewers/listeners/readers to analyze the information.

Except they force their "analysis" down the viewers' throats throughout that 24-hour cycle, and often their analysis is completely devoid of any logic or reason, but it sticks with the viewers because subjectivity-as-fact is king in Bristol. Honestly, I have no idea what network you're talking about, because ESPN is a tabloid network now.

But that won't be in March. Not only that, but there will be Patriots "fans" there talking about how much the defense sucks because it gave up a first down on 3rd and 5.

Ahhhh only 5 months until "Fred Taylor is made of glass!"

That must be why so many of the people who constantly put it down are the same people who are posting the information from it. It's such a terrible entity that they just have to watch and listen to prove their point.:rolleyes:

Don't look at me. I don't click on or view their garbage. Shoddy reporting, obvious agendas, etc. If they went down the drain I sure wouldn't miss them. Even for breaking news because when I hear they report something I don't believe it anyway. I wait for a reliable, conscionable source to report it.

I honestly can't imagine why any Patriots fan would support that network in any way.

-Rob-

But that won't be in March. Not only that, but there will be Patriots "fans" there talking about how much the defense sucks because it gave up a first down on 3rd and 5.
I'm with you all the way!

Why would any coach draft or sign players so that they can give up first downs? If the Pats defense gives up any first downs next year it will prove how poorly BB drafts, and how cheap he was not to sign all the top free agents!

But still, to say that even with Peppers the Pats are not a Superbowl-worthy team? I think these predictions are funny because in March they are all based on how a team looks on paper, but given that, on paper, with Peppers, Mayo, Thomas, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren and whoever at the last ILB spot the Pats have a front seven to compare with anyone. And their offense, with Brady, MOss, Welker, Galloway, and the RB committee, copmpares with any other March offense. On paper, but that is what Clayton is comparing.

Do you know which teams he does think are superbowl worthy?

Last year the Steelers beat up the Pats pretty bad,,

Does getting Brady back add enough talent to turn that loss to a win, i.e make the Pats better than the Steelers???

What/who stops the pass rush?

Except they force their "analysis" down the viewers' throats throughout that 24-hour cycle, and often their analysis is completely devoid of any logic or reason, but it sticks with the viewers because subjectivity-as-fact is king in Bristol. Honestly, I have no idea what network you're talking about, because ESPN is a tabloid network now.

They aren't capable of "forcing" their analysis on anyone. People choose to watch/listen/read. If you don't like ESPN, don't watch the television stations, don't read the magazine, don't listen to the radio stations and don't access the web site.. It's really that simple.

I think Florio's a putz who deliberately stirs up **** because he's more concerned with inflating his numbers than he is with being accurate, and I don't believe any of the crap he posts until I get verification, but I still go to his site because he breaks so much of the information on a national scale. I simply check his information and then look for confirmation before I take it seriously.

Frankly, I don't know why you wouldn't take the same basic approach to any, and every, information source you have access to in the age of the internet.

Don't look at me. I don't click on or view their garbage. Shoddy reporting, obvious agendas, etc. If they went down the drain I sure wouldn't miss them. Even for breaking news because when I hear they report something I don't believe it anyway. I wait for a reliable, conscionable source to report it.

I honestly can't imagine why any Patriots fan would support that network in any way.

-Rob-

Really? Hmmm.....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/220632-per-espn-redskins-release-de-jason-taylor.html#post1301906

They aren't capable of "forcing" their analysis on anyone. People choose to watch/listen/read. If you don't like ESPN, don't watch the television stations, don't read the magazine, don't listen to the radio stations and don't access the web site.. It's really that simple.

You illustrated ESPN's ubiquity even better than I could. That's my point. They are everywhere, and realistically there's no competition. I still turn them on every morning so I can get highlights while I get ready for work, because there's no other option.

Their reporting is shoddy, their analysis is at best passable and at worst irresponsible, and they're really the only game in town. The physical ability to tune them out doesn't mean that the criticisms leveled here aren't warranted.

You illustrated ESPN's ubiquity even better than I could. That's my point. They are everywhere, and realistically there's no competition. I still turn them on every morning so I can get highlights while I get ready for work, because there's no other option.

Their reporting is shoddy, their analysis is at best passable and at worst irresponsible, and they're really the only game in town. The physical ability to tune them out doesn't mean that the criticisms leveled here aren't warranted.

You're right. There aren't any such avenues as WEEI sports radio right in New England, WFAN in New York, etc... And there's not anything like a Foxsports.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo! Sports, Sports Illustrated, NFLN, NBA network, The Golf Channel, regional sports channels like SUN or NESN, or sports message boards. There's nobody around like a Chad Finn or a Mike Reiss. If only there were a cable station that ran a weekly highlight show during the season...

There's just no way to get sports information and highlights other than turning to ESPN. It's impossible.

Well, you're welcome to take that approach. Personally, I think it's more than just a little bit over-the-top. While you can probably find more reliable sources for any sport within its field, you can't find a source for ALL sports anywhere in America that is a better combination of speed, information volume, and accuracy. NFL.com, for example, may be more reliable for NFL football, but it's useless for basketball, gives out less football information, and is generally (not always by any stretch) slower to have information even in football.

Over the top to say I don't trust them?
I used to trust them to be accurate and fair.
Now, I do not.
Perhaps some of us just have longer memories.
espn is rubbish.

Ahhhh only 5 months until "Fred Taylor is made of glass!"

I'm really looking forward to the we-don't-have-an-adequate-backup-if-Brady-goes-down and Kevin O'Connell bashing threads. Should keep things interesting at least.

:disagreement:

Over the top to say I don't trust them?
I used to trust them to be accurate and fair.
Now, I do not.
Perhaps some of us just have longer memories.
espn is rubbish.

ESPN.com has probably got hundreds of storylines running on the site right now. Why don't you go find, say, 50 of them that are wrong and report back to us to prove just how terrible that company is. Given your opinion of that company, I figure it shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.

ESPN.com has probably got hundreds of storylines running on the site right now. Why don't you go find, say, 50 of them that are wrong and report back to us to prove just how terrible that company is. Given your opinion of that company, I figure it shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.

You slept through Spygate didn't you? To each their own, I guess.
-Rob-

Honestly, I don't care about any other storylines besides those that concern the Patriots.
And espn and their "correspondents" have been wrong or bias enough times regarding the Patriots that I have chosen to disregard anything they say regarding said team.
I don't think they have much journalistic integrity. I think they are more concerned with making money from advertising. They are more like the McDonalds of reporting. IMO
I don't thin I'll waste my precious time looking through their "storylines" thanks.

You slept through Spygate didn't you? To each their own, I guess.
-Rob-

Given that I was one of the most ardent defenders of BB during that time, why would you say such a foolish thing? Are you trying to claim that ESPN is the only sports media outlet in the country that was bashing the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft