PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chuck Pagano: Participation trophies “ain’t real life”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate Pagano, but I don't think he's correct by stating it's not real life.

Real life (more & more each year) has become EXACTLY that : feelings, participation, everybody wins. Everyone graduates highschool, universities have individualized programmes for students with difficulties, people in the work force get many many chances despite incompetence... that is the new normal. Relics like those of us who oppose that way are the ones who are out of touch.

except it really isn't that way, not where i sit

i teach school.....i coach.....my kids play school ball, rec ball & travel ball - they've never got a participation trophy - in their younger rec leagues there were no champions, everyone got a certificate, sometimes a medal, at the end of the program - as it should be when you are teaching children how to play and how to love the game - but their other experiences all have winners, losers, kids cut from the program, the kids that work the hardest and are the best teammates play the most - all the lessons you want kids to learn from playing sports are taught in an appropriate way - including how to lose and how to work harder if you don't get what you want at first

you don't want to tell kids too young they aren't good enough; at the same time you don't want them thinking everything comes easy, everyone gets the same without working hard for it - it IS a delicate balance, I am ok with erring to the side of building kids up as long as they are allowed to fail along the way as well.....

At any rate, I love how mad people get at the mere mention of participation trophies. It's always funny to me.

Because it's inconsequential.
Disagree, telling kids that they achieved something when they didn't creates adults who are unaware of their own skill level. That's the definition of a consequence.

Luck chokes. Colts lose to Texans.

Pagano is going to get fired, not even Irsay is drunk enough to keep that circus they've got.

They literally called a screen 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and 1 :D:D

I just never get sick of watching the Colts lose. Luck has to be regretting signing that deal with the methhead owner.

I just never get sick of watching the Colts lose. Luck has to be regretting signing that deal with the methhead owner.

2714979509_bbd375bf83.jpg

He signed his contract, he knew what he was getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

wasn't there a trophy for the Adams Division, though? If i am not mistaken, the NHL was the one that called them "Adams Division Champions" and awarded a trophy....
Doesn't mean ya have to hang the banner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST