PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Randy Moss took time out again this week to talk to Jim Workman at TheRealRandyMoss.com…

Q: On the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, there’s a photo of you wearing a Patriots jersey and a caption that simply reads ‘SCARY’. That says it all doesn’t it?

RM: “With everything that’s been going on and everything that’s been said about me about me trying to get back into playing football…a lot of people doubted me. There were a lot of naysayers that questioned my ability to go out there and make it happen.”

Q: It’s a long season, but going 2-0 and being dominant against two playoff teams so far has to feel pretty good.

RM: “Yes. It has to do with our preparation and how we work and how Coach Belichick prepares us week in and week out. The hard work is paying off, to go out there and go 2-0 and do it in a convincing way.”

Q: How is preparing for a primetime night game different than a day game. How do you spend those extra seven hours?

RM: “It’s more of a matter of relaxing yourself. You have to relax your mind and relax your body. Most of the time I just sleep or spend time with the people that I have in for the game. You have to relax because you can’t get too ahead of yourself. You can’t start being impatient because that’s when things can go wrong. When I start getting dressed and ready to go in the stadium, that’s when I get psyched up.”

Q: The fans in New England gave you a big cheer when you caught your first pass in at home. There are some great sports fans in that area aren’t there?

RM: “They’re fanatics. They love their teams here – the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Pats. They love their sports here. That’s one thing that a lot of people don’t realize. They’re crazy about their teams.”

Q: What is Rand University’s mascot?

RM: “Ummm. Let me think about that. Rand University’s mascot would have to be a 40 bottle. (laughs) That’s a good one for you.”

Q: You gave Rand [WV] a little shout out on Sunday Night Football…

RM: “Everybody enjoyed it. It was my first primetime game [with the Patriots].”

Q: What makes you laugh?

RM: “I don’t get tickled about a lot of things. I think just having a good soul. That’s what really makes me laugh, when my soul is feeling good. That has a lot to do with being happy…being in a good environment. When my soul is happy, I’m happy. It has to do with all of my surroundings, from players to people. It’s my environment. Football is just the icing on the cake.”

Q: As promised, we have some questions from your fans that were submitted on this website, TheRealRandyMoss.com.

RM: “All right…”

From Nick S., Macomb, MI: Hey Randy! I’m ten years old and I want to know, when did you get into football?

RM: “I got into football when I was about nine or ten, playing midget league football back in West Virginia. You grow to love football. As you grow up, from kid to teenager, to young man to a real man, you grow to love the game. I just liked the ball at first. But through the years, I developed a love for it. I’ve been playing mostly my whole life.”

From Joe M., North Tonawanda, NY: Who is the best corner you have to go against in a game?

RM: “The best cornerback? I don’t know. There are some pretty good ones. This might be the year to find out who can. There’s Champ Bailey [Denver Broncos], Chris McAlister of the Ravens, Al Harris of Green Bay [Packers] and there’s a couple other ones. I can’t pick just one.”

From Vahid A., Canoga Park, CA: I think it would be great to see you take the ball and light it like a cigar and then toss it to the ground and stomp it out. Why don’t you do any planned TD celebrations?

RM: “Well, I’m not a big celebrator when it comes to touchdown dances. I was taught at a young age to act like you’ve been there before. As a professional athlete, I have over 100 touchdowns. So that shows that I’ve been there before, so I don’t really have a desire to celebrate like that. I like to have fun with the fans instead of in front of the cameras.”

From Daniel, no hometown given: How did you pick your number that you’re wearing with the Patriots?

RM: “They weren’t going to let me wear No. 6. They told me that 81 was available. So like I said once before when I was in Minnesota, ‘You put a number on my back and I will take care of the number.’ Just give me something and I’ll go out there and play in it and make the number.”

From Joe P., St. Paul, MN: Will you really read this? All I wanna say is I think you’re one of the greatest WRs to ever grace a football field. I wish you wouldn’t have left Minnesota, but I can understand why.

RM: “Joe, this is my personal website, so I do read this. I thank you for considering me one of the best to play at this position. Being a Viking, it got to me too because I never wanted to leave. The Vikings were the team that drafted me and I really felt obligated to bring them home a Super Bowl. We had two shots and we didn’t make it past the NFC Championships twice. There was a lot of hurt inside me when I left because I thought I was supposed to bring those people a championship and I never did.”

From: Lesley S., Oklahoma City, OK: Hey Randy. I was in Charleston, WV this summer and I heard that you’re building a home there. How long is it going to take to build?

RM: “I’m not building a home anywhere until I retire. So I’m not building a home yet.”

From: Wes H, no hometown given: I recently graduated high school and was going to take a year off from college to lift and get some running in and then try to walk on somewhere. I was wandering what you thought about it?

RM: “It could be good or bad. It has to do with your will and determination. Not so much getting your body together. Get your breathing right, get a physical. But go out there with a strong mind and a strong heart, knowing that you can do it. Then go out there and make it happen. That’s what it’s really about.”

RM: “I play Madden a lot. I really don’t have anyone to play with, so I play against the computer. I can’t seem to win too many games against the computer.”

Q: [Jim Workman]: Do you always play as the Patriots?

RM: “I always play as myself. I’m not going to play with any other team.”

From Rod R., California: Do you think about the Hall of Fame?

RM: “No not at all. That’s long term. That’s down the road. The only time I ever think about it is if someone asks me about it. But do I ever think about ever think that one day I’m going to be a Hall of Famer? No, because I’m still playing football and I still have a lot of football to be played. Once my career is over I may think about it more, in terms of leaving a legacy. That’s what the Hall of Fame is for. One day if I’m in that category, then that’s what I am.”

From Judy R., Onalaska, WI: How do I get a chance to try a Inta Juice smoothie? Any stores coming to Wisconsin?

RM: “I’m not saying that they’re not coming to Wisconsin, but right now the stores are concentrating on areas with warmer climates. But we’re not ruling Wisconsin out. We’re moving more in the South right now.”

From: John T., no hometown given: I know you were at the International Golf outing and I was curious, what’s your handicap?

RM: “Oh man! I just started golfing. I taught myself how to play. I don’t really keep score right now. I’m just focused on hitting the ball on the green. Once I start doing that consistently, then I’ll start keeping score.”

Q: [Jim Workman] That’s all for this week. Thanks a lot. We’ll look forward to seeing you play again this weekend.”

RM: “Thanks Jim. Later…”
http://www.therealrandymoss.com/rmoss/newsdetail.aspx?ArticleId=3008

Coooooooool. Randy is awesome. Remember the doubters like Armen or was it SNA?

Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes