PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chin Up! Looking on the bright side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain_Commando

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Yeah the loss stings and there's plenty of blame to go around, blah blah. But as with everything, it behooves us to focus on the bright side. As Pats fans we're lucky SOB's and we're in a good place.

- Firstly, there is no shame in losing to a VERY worthy opponent. Eagles played a mistake free game, didn't ease up on the pedal until the very end, and were effective in all their strenghts and didn't succumb to any of their weaknesses. Kudos!

- As this team did on a half dozen other games this season, they fought till the end last second (literally). I'm proud as heck of this team, and that includes every player as well as the coaching staff.

- Result notwithstanding, this was one heck of a game! No one can ever accuse pats of rolling over or giving up, and the general public seems to be starting to accept (with respect) the familiar theme of a Patriots SB or playoff game being exhilarating.

- Despite the loss, Brady's GOAT legacy is intact with his otherworldly performance at age 40, season mvp, and jaw dropping 3TD 505 yd SB performance.

- Patriots fatigue will be amerliorated somewhat. Similar to how losing to the giants made the Patriots image less villanous. folks wont hate us as much since we lost. And that 'refs favor the Pats' narrative has no legs to stand on anymore. That's less distraction for the team going forward, and that's a good thing.

- We still have 5 rings. FIVE! That in itself makes this loss easily the most palatable of all.

- Lastly, make no mistake...Brady and BB will be on fire next season. All this talk about wheels falling off and downfall of the dynasty is plain knee jerking and naivete. These guys are GOATs cut from a special cloth. Heck, SB42 and 46 didn't break them, this one isn't ****. The rest of the league doesn't know what's coming for them next year and I expect 2007 level ground breaking dominance.

On to 2018!

Last edited:
There's no "bright side" to losing a super bowl
Hell yes there is.

30 teams were not good enough to get there and had worse seasons than the loser of the Super Bowl. It is crazy how in football the "silver medalist", as it were (to put it in Olympics terms) is demonized and ridiculed by the masses.

I've taken crap about "choking" from Steelers fans, Colts fans, Dolphins fans, etc. They take pride, apparently, in the silly notion that their team "did not lose a Super Bowl", as if not being even good enough to get there is some sort of badge of honor.

Patriots fatigue will be amerliorated somewhat. Similar to how losing to the giants made the Patriots image less villanous.
Yay.. because that is what I am really concerned with, i want to lose championships to lighten the haters burdens..

There is nothing but suck in losing this game.. other than maybe Brady's otherworldly performance... as that will be remembered.

There's no "bright side" to losing a super bowl

Hence the thread title "bright side of things...".

Two dozen other fan bases would kill to switch places with you, even on this very next day after the loss.

Hell yes there is.

30 teams were not good enough to get there and had worse seasons than the loser of the Super Bowl. It is crazy how in football the "silver medalist", as it were (to put it in Olympics terms) is demonized and ridiculed by the masses.

I've taken crap about "choking" from Steelers fans, Colts fans, Dolphins fans, etc. They take pride, apparently, in the silly notion that their team "did not lose a Super Bowl", as if not being even good enough to get there is some sort of badge of honor.
I agree you want to win and go as far as you can.. but it is not because there is any glory in second place... I mean I want them to win as many playoff games as they can but they got to win that game last night somehow. And though I give the Eagles credit we definitely screwed ourselves in this one.

Yay.. because that is what I am really concerned with, i want to lose championships to lighten the haters burdens..

There is nothing but suck in losing this game.. other than maybe Brady's otherworldly performance... as that will be remembered.

You missed the point, which was made in the last statement:
That's less distraction for the team going forward, and that's a good thing.

Hell yes there is.

First or last

Wouldn’t be upset about the loss if I felt like anybody but the offense bothered to show up and we wasted another amazing year, and more amazing performance by Brady with a laughable defense

Hence the thread title "bright side of things...".

Two dozen other fan bases would kill to switch places with you, even on this very next day after the loss.
why? Losing sucks. I felt like crud after SB 20 and 31 also.. before the dynasty. It was a novelty I guess to get to the SB back then.. but even back then I remember how that brief glory of the AFC Championship so quickly just became nothing.

Brady has the best position on it in my opinion, losing totally suscks... but he says "hey, you can't win this thing without being in this game.. so you get to as many as possible." He is not happy to have lost, it simply is you must get to this place to have a chance.. if you lose it sucks.

You missed the point, which was made in the last statement:
>>That's less distraction for the team going forward, and that's a good thing.

Actually that stuff helps fuel victory.

As good as Brady has been this post season, Belichick has been that bad.. He has been happy with second place, too "psyched" to win the AFCCG... and F'D the team in the SB.

Brady is the GOAT of this crew. Now it really is Tom verse Time.

Lastly, make no mistake...Brady and BB will be on fire next season.

Brady WAS on fire in the Super Bowl last night. Belichick was playing "Angry School Principle" with his Mutther F'n Eyes off the ball and the goal. He had "next year" in the form of ONE game available to him last night! And he screwed it.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you posted @mosslost. But it's all spilt milk, no use dwelling on it.

All we can do is move on. I take comfort in the facts listed in the original post, and I hope others will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back