PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chicken Littles... someone finds your lack of faith...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken Littles? So, the Pats have one of the BEST defensive players in the game and they let him go over a reported 4M in guaranteed money and if you're pissed off about it you're a chicken little? Seriously, Belichick and Krafty Bob don't fart rainbows and sh#t unicorns....they CAN be criticized, and now's as good a time as ever.

On second thought, maybe Krafty Bob needed that extra $4m to pay for his end zone luxury club....

Chicken Littles? So, the Pats have one of the BEST defensive players in the game and they let him go over a reported 4M in guaranteed money and if you're pissed off about it you're a chicken little? Seriously, Belichick and Krafty Bob don't fart rainbows and sh#t unicorns....they CAN be criticized, and now's as good a time as ever.

On second thought, maybe Krafty Bob needed that extra $4m to pay for his end zone luxury club....

Always fascinating how these posters crawl out of the woodwork when events like this occur.

Always fascinating how these posters crawl out of the woodwork when events like this occur.
You mean posting when we are unhappy with something? What a shocker that folks don't post when they have no reason to post. This is new england, not some bible belt team.

You mean posting when we are unhappy with something? What a shocker that folks don't post when they have no reason to post. This is new england, not some bible belt team.

Interesting that you would include yourself among the cohort I referred to. Doubly interesting you would admit you all have no reason to post unless you're unhappy with something. Quite a way to go through life.

Interesting that you would include yourself among the cohort I referred to. Doubly interesting you would admit you all have no reason to post unless you're unhappy with something. Quite a way to go through life.

I don't think it is fair to label people as such and yes, I am most motivated to post when I have some angst about a move the Patriots make.

I was unhappy about the Seymour trade, I was unhappy about the Mankins trade......I certainly do read and post in the discussions about strategy, but mostly I like to vent because it makes me feel better...Why is that so wrong?

Chicken Littles? So, the Pats have one of the BEST defensive players in the game and they let him go over a reported 4M in guaranteed money

Only $4mil in guaranteed money, but far, far apart in terms of the structure of the guaranteed money.

There's a huge difference between money that gets guaranteed each year as you're on the roster and money that is guaranteed all at once, from the start.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Yeah, i agree with some users of this forum, Kraft is cheap, he only paid 175M for the Patriots in 1993.

People, calm down and try to understand how the salary cap works.

That's actually what makes them chicken littles. The true chicken little were posting with regularity during September but as soon as the Patriots righted the ship they pretty much disappeared and most didn't show up again until recently, when they saw an opportunity to start ripping Belichick or the Kraft's. Criticizing the Patriots or disagreeing with their decisions doesn't make anyone a chicken little, what makes people chicken littles is the kneejerk negativity and ridiculous positions like calling for Belichick's head when they lose a couple of games, or the insistence that he doesn't know how to draft or be GM when they are by far the most successful team of this century.

I completely understand the disappointment in Patriot nation today, losing Revis sucked and there is no way to replace him, period, so people are understandably pissed and frustrated, however is there anyone who actually believe the Jets were just going to drop out of the bidding because the Patriots went higher? I don't, I think the scumbags in NY were just going to keep going higher and higher until they got Revis, and nothing the Patriots offered was going to get it done. The tampering worked perfectly, the Revis camp received the Jets message loud and clear, they would top any offer so the Patriots decided not to play along and dropped out. Sucked for us but I understand where Belichick was coming from. I think most Patriot fans will eventually come around and start looking at where they go from here, the chicken littles, however, won't come around, they will use this to beat Belichick and the Kraft's over the head for years to come because that's their real agenda.

I don't think it is fair to label people as such and yes, I am most motivated to post when I have some angst about a move the Patriots make.

I was unhappy about the Seymour trade, I was unhappy about the Mankins trade......I certainly do read and post in the discussions about strategy, but mostly I like to vent because it makes me feel better...Why is that so wrong?

I'm not objecting to people being unhappy and voicing their opinion(s) thusly.

I'm objecting to people who never have anything positive to say, and who only post when they have something to complain about. Essentially the iapatsfan-lites of the board.

I'm not objecting to people being unhappy and voicing their opinion(s) thusly.

I'm objecting to people who never have anything positive to say, and who only post when they have something to complain about. Essentially the iapatsfan-lites of the board.

Exactly.

Chicken littles, homers or whateva. This defense just took a huge step backwards and now I have to see bill play surgeon in the draft once again with secondary players.

It's your right to do so but why do you think people should be OK with constant negativity about the most successful franchise in sports.

We just won a Super Bowl and people are pissed. Amazing.
The fact that you think winning the Super Bowl has any bearing on how we should feel about losing one of the best defensive players in all of football to a team in our division is what's amazing. Keep drinking the kool aid, everyone - I hear its tasty.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Chicken littles, homers or whateva. This defense just took a huge step backwards and now I have to see bill play surgeon in the draft once again with secondary players.

Sh.t happens and in a hard cap league the most successful franchises get raided by the sucky ones, that's by design. What is actually amazing is that the Patriots have been able to defy all of the structural mechanisms designed to create parity and have remained elite for 15 years. They draft at the end of the round year after year, they get last shot at players who are released, they have less cap space to keep their best players because they have more good ones, and less cap space to chase good free agents for the same reaso, and their coaching staff has been raised over and over. Yet somehow the Patriots manage to stay in contention every season and they have won more championships than any team on the free agency era. Most Patriot fans have come to understand that these are the facts of life for consistent winners in the NFL, but for others nothing will ever be good enough, that's just the way they are.

If being unhappy is a legit reason to post.......nothing makes many of us more unhappy than seeing idiot posting like you do.

Why not spread some joy and stop making stupid posts?

Express blind, uniformed positivity = up vote. Express a critical and/or negative opinion = chicken little + downvote parade.

I suspect you're excited the Pats are going into next season sans their starting corners from a super bowl winning team with little left in free agency or trade? Yes we all know about the salary cap, etc., and no, I don't toe the Felger "cap is crap" line either, but when I and others see the dough handed to McCourty and then Browner and Revis shown the door it is hard to grasp. At least in the past there was a plan b - let welker go you have amendola; let talib walk grab revis...now? Let Browner and Revis go and you have....Logan Ryan? Logan Ryan should take the nickname "Toast" from Stacy Toran (rip).....

The fact that you think winning the Super Bowl has any bearing on how we should feel about losing one of the best defensive players in all of football to a team in our division is amazing. Keep drinking the kool aid, everyone - I hear its tasty.:rolleyes:

It's definitely tastier than the sh.t spewing from the mouths of the chicken littles. I can understand why they are always so miserable with that taste in their mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST