PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chicken Littles... someone finds your lack of faith...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
bill-belichick-042909-lg.jpg

...disturbing. ;)

You're an idiot if you don't think for one second BB wanted Revis back and is now pissed as all hell at the Jets over this.

Call me chicken little all you want. In the past week I have watched the Patriots let our players walk out the door and sign with other teams. What have the Patriots done to improve themselves? NOTHING. They didn't even bother to keep the other corner. They signed McCourty...that's great. On top of that, they have to pay this clown $5mil as he walks out the door to the Jets. Team execs around the league must be laughing their arses off. I'm PISSED. I usually give BB the benefit of the doubt. Right now, I'm pissed at him..

Call me chicken little all you want. In the past week I have watched the Patriots let our players walk out the door and sign with other teams. What have the Patriots done to improve themselves? NOTHING. They didn't even bother to keep the other corner. They signed McCourty...that's great. On top of that, they have to pay this clown $5mil as he walks out the door to the Jets. Team execs around the league must be laughing their arses off. I'm PISSED. I usually give BB the benefit of the doubt. Right now, I'm pissed at him..

What If i told you, keeping superbowl winning caliber players was hard.

I'm not upset at all. I eagerly await the results of Bill's analysis and response to the situation. This is the fun part. Anyone can overspend. No one can build a winning team in adverse situations like Bill can.

The whole "chicken little" thing is getting old & dumb and is rarely warranted.

And as of now, I blame Revis more than the Pats.

Not happy with the events of today, but I have faith that Belichick will figure out a way to overcome this.

I still think the Pats are the favorites in the AFC, but they obviously need to make some moves if they want to go back to back Super Bowls.

Like clockwork, overpaying on the first day of free agency is the best way to destroy your team. Not saying I'm not upset Revis is gone, but I'm glad they've stayed out of other transactions.

Reiss may have been right about the Browner thing, Pats knew they lost Revis, Browner needed Revis to play his style in our defense, now we move on to maybe Chicago's defense of a few years ago, Tampa 2 with a strong pass rush.

We can add players still even though we lost Revis, I feel like a lot of people think free agency just ended, it didn't.

Last edited:
On the bright side. I'm guessing we can expect a third rounder as a comp pick for losing Revis?

Question is are comp picks compartmentalized from any tampering compensation? Highest paid CB Revis to the previously warned Jets is about as egregious a tampering violation as there ever has been.

Yes, I'm sure the 31 other FOs are laughing their asses off at the team that just won the Lombardi.

Reiss may have been right about the Browner thing, Pats knew they lost Revis, Browner needed Revis to play his style in our defense, now we move on to maybe Chicago's defense of a few years ago, Tampa 2 with a strong pass rush.

We can add players still even though we lost Revis, I feel like a lot of people thing free agency just ended, it didn't.

Yeah, makes a weird kind of sense. Browner is a liability if you can't give him a good deal of help over the top, so they probably figured that they couldn't afford to pay both, and without Revis Browner wasn't worth it anyway.

They don't have to pay him a penny. He got it a year ago. The team just chose to roll half of his signing bonus into 2015 for cap purposes. Are you suggesting that $12M wasn't money well spent last year?

No one likes this. But there's no need to imagine the sky falling in.

5 years from now Revis will be on NFL Network saying he wish he'd taken a few million less to re-sign with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down