PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHFF:Tom Brady: Not So Terrific

Status
Not open for further replies.
The author of the article is Scott Kacsmar. It was pointed on in another recent thread that Kacsmar is a fan of the Colts and the Steelers. If you look through Kacsmar's columns you get the feeling you're on Bleacher Report, not CHFF.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...chff-dont-ever-click-again-please-sticky.html

Apparently Kerry Byrne is spending the bulk of his time working for SI and Yahoo now, leaving Kacsmar to handle CHFF. There once was a time when it seemed like CHFF analyzed stats and then reached a conclusion, but it appears now that they are pretty much like all the others that stir the pot in order to generate clickks; they do just the opposite: they form an opinion (conclusion) first, and then search for information (data, stats) to support that theory. It's bad science and it's bad journalism.

The author of the article is Scott Kacsmar. It was pointed on in another recent thread that Kacsmar is a fan of the Colts and the Steelers. If you look through Kacsmar's columns you get the feeling you're on Bleacher Report, not CHFF.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...chff-dont-ever-click-again-please-sticky.html

Apparently Kerry Byrne is spending the bulk of his time working for SI and Yahoo now, leaving Kacsmar to handle CHFF. There once was a time when it seemed like CHFF analyzed stats and then reached a conclusion, but it appears now that they are pretty much like all the others that stir the pot in order to generate clickks; they do just the opposite: they form an opinion (conclusion) first, and then search for information (data, stats) to support that theory. It's bad science and it's bad journalism.

I've been battling over at KFFL for years with this clown. He pretty much spends his life trying to bring down Brady, while proping up Manning and Rothlisburger.

He recently got his gig over at CHFF. It's too bad the people that send him a check, as well as anyone that clicks on his garbage doesn't now his history.

Super Bowl 46: Tom Brady clutch 4th down completion - YouTube

I just watched it again (see link) and I agree, it was a great throw…but I think with the game more or less decided the Giants were trying to just stay in front of the receivers…Branch had a nice cushion there.

Perhaps that is my point…so many playoff games but the throw that comes to mind is a 16yard curl pattern with the game more or less over.

Don't get me wrong - he is still the only QB I want on my team…but to say he is a clutch postseason QB/GOAT, whatever is just not true (to me). He is the best pre-snap QB ever and makes great reads…maybe I just am forgetting some great throws that you guys may remember.

Well, that was just the first one that popped into my mind. The 70 yard throw by Brady to Moss at the end of SB 42 was as unbelievable a throw as I've ever seen. 70 yards, on a rope, into a window about the size of a mailbox....and the throw is maybe 2-3 inches shorter than perfect....a Giant defender *BARELY* gets a finger on it, or Moss catches it and the Pats probably win that game.

Randy Moss SB 42 almost catch - YouTube

I honestly don't know how you all can put Tom Brady in the GOAT discussion....

All you ever bring up is the rings 'argument'. Do any of you actually know that he only threw for 1TD in the 3 games they played during the first superbowl win?

Bill Simmons wrote a bit about that last week - how BB and Brady are in a weird position of needing a 4th SB win to actually cement their legacy.

I think Brady in particular. The 1st 3 SB runs and wins are looked at by knowledeable football fans as Vrabel-McGuinest-Bruschi kinds of wins (even though TB did light it up for a half against Carolina), and by idiot fans as "spygate" wins.

Even in the endless Manning/Brady debate, Brady is sort of solidifying the fact that you need more than a great QB with a few great receivers to win it all.

Well, that was just the first one that popped into my mind. The 70 yard throw by Brady to Moss at the end of SB 42 was as unbelievable a throw as I've ever seen. 70 yards, on a rope, into a window about the size of a mailbox....and the throw is maybe 2-3 inches shorter than perfect....a Giant defender *BARELY* gets a finger on it, or Moss catches it and the Pats probably win that game.

Randy Moss SB 42 almost catch - YouTube

Pretty incredible to think that in SB42 and SB46 that there were two long-distance chucks that by inches prevented Brady from wearing a ring on the thumb and pinky....:(

I don't care what anybody says: Tom Brady is a WAY better QB now than he was in the Patriots Super Bowl runs...SB wins, that is...he has been a way better QB in recent years.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but Brady was along for the ride in some of those games in the Super Bowl win runs.

In 2003, the Patriots defense allowed the fewest points in the league. They were tied for the 2nd fewest points allowed in 2004...5th in 2001.

It's a team sport, fellas. I've been trying to tell you Pats fans this for years, especially when trying to compare Peyton Manning to Brady.

Last edited:
Super Bowl 46: Tom Brady clutch 4th down completion - YouTube

I just watched it again (see link) and I agree, it was a great throw…but I think with the game more or less decided the Giants were trying to just stay in front of the receivers…Branch had a nice cushion there.

Perhaps that is my point…so many playoff games but the throw that comes to mind is a 16yard curl pattern with the game more or less over.

Don't get me wrong - he is still the only QB I want on my team…but to say he is a clutch postseason QB/GOAT, whatever is just not true (to me). He is the best pre-snap QB ever and makes great reads…maybe I just am forgetting some great throws that you guys may remember.

Quick, when was the last time you saw one of Brady's receivers make a highlight reel play on a deep ball? Clue - he's only ever had one of those guys and he was only at that level for about 12 weeks in one season... I watch incredible WR play bail out lesser QB's week after week and say why can't we get that kind of focus and effort from our guys. Welker is pretty good but not as good as he used to be. I chock that up to cumulative hits and increasing focus on him by determined defenses. Gronk is getting there, but then he was MIA due to INJ when we needed him most. Hern has a ways to go... Brady has launched desperation hail Mary's that were on target in the closing seconds of the last two Superbowls. In neither case did his receiver make a play. Gronk might have had he not been injured. Randy might have had he not already begun morphing into that guy who worries about his next deal more than the task at hand. We don't play that game here much because of the randomness of success even when you have the receiving skillset. Ask the teams who didn't make it and the one who beat us twice about randomness...

Last edited:
I wouldn't call that a good game. At least not by his standards.

Thats pretty ridiculous he was something like 16/18 to start the game with the 2 incompletions being batterd down balls.

Lets be honest WW catches that ball (love wes but thats just the way it is) and none of these threads exist all they would talk about is brady's long 96/98 yard drive and him putting another one together to ice the game and win for the pats and what a big time player he is.

It's a harsh reality but reality none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back