Charlie Casserly on WEEI: Manning was more accurate than Brady this Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterthanmost

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
upload_2016-1-18_9-37-25.jpeg
He called WEEI this morning because apparently he heard them play BB's bite about him being wrong all the time.
He did make some outlandish claims that he has been right about everything he has said on air about the Patriots. He said he was first to break spygate. He said he was right in 2009 when he said Haynesworth broke Brady's ribs in the preseason and it affected Brady all season yet BB denied it. Then he said he broke news that there was a fight with Moss, and BB again attacked him.
But how can you have any credibility when you say Manning was more accurate, sharp and balls were coming out faster than Brady during the divisional rounds?

Manning: 56.6% vs a mediocre pass defense
Brady: 66.6% vs a very good pass defense and a defense everyone was saying last week had been the best defense in the league in the last half of the season

Also just look at 2 throws between the 2.

Brady's throw to Martin and then that pass by Manning that was wobbly as **** that Nantz and Simms thought was tipped but the replay showed it wasn't even close to being tipped.

Manning: 56.6% vs a mediocre pass defense
Brady: 66.6% vs a very good pass defense and a defense everyone was saying was the best defense since week 10.
This.
Looking at the offenses in a vacuum without taking into account the defense on the other side is laughably stupid for a former GM.

In fairness, Manning's passes hang for at least a minute in the air and it allows the receiver to adjust, get under it, eat a sandwich, answer some emails, and then try to catch it.

I wonder if Chucky actually believes that.

And you can't even blame the drops for Manning because Bready's receivers only dropped like two less passes than Manning's.

The Pats made all of these AFC GMs look stupid for 15 years. Not only that BB a coach basically showed the NFL that a coach could easily do the GMs job better and have his own guys around him.

Not only that they are all pissed that they could have had TB and passed on him

And you can't even blame the drops for Manning because Bready's receivers only dropped like two less passes than Manning's.

I think Manning's throws have a tiny bit to do of why some are dropped because they come in wobbly and the receiver can't anticipate what angle the ball might be. Where as if it was a spiral they catch it in stride.

It is so clear the the MFL and it's subordinates are trolling Pats fans. This morning on The Fan, Boomer was clamoring all over Peyton's ability to run the offense and read defenses. He said (paraphrasing) "Peyton doesn't have the greatest arm any more, but he can run the offense and read defenses better than any QB, ever. There are a few others in the league, Drew Brees is one" . That's it. No mention of Brady, although this was just after they talked about the Denver and Patriots matchup. I wanted to reach into the radio and slap him.

I think Manning's throws have a tiny bit to do of why some are dropped because they come in wobbly and the receiver can't anticipate what angle the ball might be. Where as if it was a spiral they catch it in stride.

I totally agree with that. I am just throwing out to counter the argument before someone says it. We know several of the drops by Brady's receivers was the case of Edelman shaking off the rust.

Not only that they are all pissed that they could have had TB and passed on him
My fear is that they would not have know what to do with him. Brady is one of these players who probably had one shot in the league and both he and the Patriots won a lottery.

When a pass is so wobbly that the announcer tells us all it was tipped at the line of scrimmage, only to have replay show that it was just a poorly thrown ball, that's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back