PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers 'Fear No One'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm expecting he'll move fine but it's not a certainty last time I heard. I'm sure one of the Charger trolls will tell us he just ran a mile in 2 minutes . . . but we'll see on Sunday.

That's ok, if he plays horrible we can just blame it on his sore foot. :rocker:

LOL... He's going to wear himself out before the game even starts, then he's going to get knocked up by one of the linebackers and injure himself... Whose the backup? Is it the guy that came from the Titans? God, I would be scared, at least we have a decent backup at QB....

Rule of Human Nature #217:

When someone says "We fear no one"........... guess what that means!

Rule of Human Nature #217:

When someone says "We fear no one"........... guess what that means!

what do you expect him to say? we're scared?

what do you expect him to say? we're scared?

Nope, but saying "We fear no one" always makes me picture Sargeant Barney Fife yelping those words.

When an athlete introduces those words in an interview it's similar to a Politician offering up "I have nothing to hide".

lol... Precisely... They are worried, they just want to "show" they are confident... I have a good feeling going into this game, not anything like last year against Denver...

lol... Precisely... They are worried, they just want to "show" they are confident... I have a good feeling going into this game, not anything like last year against Denver...

This is exactly what's beginning to happen with the media, too. After jumping heavy on the Chargers bandwagon, now the "experts" are starting to turn back to the Patriots... they're feeling really good about the Patriots' chances vs. an untested QB and a coach who has underachieved in the playoffs. The Charger players know what kind of team they're facing. And they're hearing it from reporters, friends, fans, etc. They are starting to feel disrespected and it's only Tuesday. So by game time, they will be out to once again prove everyone wrong.

It's gonna be the most physical game of the weekend. These two teams are gonna be punching each other in the mouth all game long. I can't wait to see how this thing turns out. I love the idea of playing the best team of the decade in the first round. It's the New Kids vs. the Battle Tested Perennial Powerhouse. Couldn't ask for a better way to prove people wrong. I just hope they're up to it.

This is exactly what's beginning to happen with the media, too. After jumping heavy on the Chargers bandwagon, now the "experts" are starting to turn back to the Patriots... they're feeling really good about the Patriots' chances vs. an untested QB and a coach who has underachieved in the playoffs. The Charger players know what kind of team they're facing. And they're hearing it from reporters, friends, fans, etc. They are starting to feel disrespected and it's only Tuesday. So by game time, they will be out to once again prove everyone wrong.

It's gonna be the most physical game of the weekend. These two teams are gonna be punching each other in the mouth all game long. I can't wait to see how this thing turns out. I love the idea of playing the best team of the decade in the first round. It's the New Kids vs. the Battle Tested Perennial Powerhouse. Couldn't ask for a better way to prove people wrong. I just hope they're up to it.

Right on. I think the SB Champion comes out of this game.

BTW, I enjoy your posts. Thanks for contributing.

hey man, it was Gates saying it, not Rivers or LT. Maybe he's just trying to fire up your guys to focus on him, and that'll free up LT :D

LOL... He's going to wear himself out before the game even starts, then he's going to get knocked up by one of the linebackers and injure himself... Whose the backup? Is it the guy that came from the Titans? God, I would be scared, at least we have a decent backup at QB....

Perhaps the most asinine comment I've read on this board to date.

Cassel's career stats:
0 Starts
32 Attempts
56.3% completion rate
2 TDs
1 Int

Volek's career stats:
10 starts
519 attempts
60.3% completion rate
26 TDs
13 Ints

Cassel has played well in mop up duty, but Volek's been better while actually playing when it mattered. And Volek actually has a career start, 10 of them in fact. Cassel has none. How anyone could argue that Cassel's the better QB after 32 career throws is beyond me. Are you basing that on how he played in high school, because we know he didn't play in college.

"fear" is something that cannot enter the mind of an NFL player. If it did... he wouldn't be an NFL player. Can they psyche themselves out? sure. Can they tire themselves out by being too stressed over the minutae of the gameplan? yes. And if they give too much credit to their opponent, they can also diminish their ability to focus on their own jobs. They have to believe that they are better than the man across from them. So the Chargers are going to do what they've done all year. Prepare their gameplan and go out with the mindset that this will be another test to see if they can get the other team to crack under the pressure they apply on both sides of the ball. That's how they won 14 games and that's how they will win the Superbowl (fingers crossed).

The Chargers will not do anything different than what they've done all year. Which, is actually quite a lot. The Patriots have their hands full right now with preparation. They'll be absolutely dedicated to stopping LT from running the ball. That's why Gates, Rivers, Jackson, McCardell, and Parker have to be 100% focused and fearless. In order to beat the Patriots, you have to execute... because they will not beat themselves.

Last edited:
You are overlooking one major difference between Volek and Cassel:

Tom Brady is not injured.

Nope, but saying "We fear no one" always makes me picture Sargeant Barney Fife yelping those words.

When an athlete introduces those words in an interview it's similar to a Politician offering up "I have nothing to hide".

Hey, when the reporters are implying that you are afraid of an opponent because of their championship experience, are you just suppose to orally fellate them? He said we respect them, but we don't fear them. What's wrong with that?

You honestly think the Bolts are afraid? After winning 10 in a row, posting the league's best record and beating the Pats 41-17 in their last matchup?

You are overlooking one major difference between Volek and Cassel:

Tom Brady is not injured.

Neither is Rivers. He's going to participate in a full week of practice. He's not even walking with a limp. Rivers is fine.

He sustained the injury in the first quarter of the game two weeks ago and he still went 19/24 for 2 scores. The injury is a non-factor.

When you said, "at least the Pats have a good backup," you aren't comparing the relative health of the starters. You are comparing the backups, and in that analysis, Volek wins hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST