PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chadiha: Vollmer a rising star

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that both of our monster tackles are both really tall as well as being athletic enough to have started as TE's earlier in their careers. Imagine how opposing defenses might react to a Patriots formation of say Faulk, our three tight-ends and Solder/Vollmer as the fifth eligible receiver.

In other words, we would have Light, Solder and Vollmer on the field at the same time with presumably both Gronk and Hernandez on the ends of the line available for either pass or blocking. I have no clue if I were on defense how I would respond to such a combination of mass and athleticism. What would happen if say Gronk went in motion across the formation? Oh, the possibilities ...

I'm good with that as long as he doesn't trip over Faulk

Not too stir too far off topic but why would the lions take stafford over Freeman and even Sanchez in a re draft?

Not too stir too far off topic but why would the lions take stafford over trading #20 for Cassel and using #1 on a lineman?

Fixed that for you. ;)

If Solder turns out to be another star lineman and the Pats can get Mankins a long term deal, this line is going to be sick for a long time. With Dante's ability to coach guys up I have not doubt in my mind that TFB is going to be very well protected for the rest of his career...
As one of the draftniks made the point of saying after our last draft, a lot of teams will be surprised at the future Patriots' ability to pound the ball.

If Cannon becomes healthy and productive and a huge blocking TE in Lee Smith, this O-line has the ability to dictate the running game. That makes it impossible for teams to tee off on Brady without worrying about the running game.

And this Ridley kid looks like a far better RB than many of us thought. But didn't he figure prominently in the SEC?

As one of the draftniks made the point of saying after our last draft, a lot of teams will be surprised at the future Patriots' ability to pound the ball.

If Cannon becomes healthy and productive and a huge blocking TE in Lee Smith, this O-line has the ability to dictate the running game. That makes it impossible for teams to tee off on Brady without worrying about the running game.

And this Ridley kid looks like a far better RB than many of us thought. But didn't he figure prominently in the SEC?

SEC coaches voted him first team All-SEC last year.

If Solder turns out to be another star lineman and the Pats can get Mankins a long term deal, this line is going to be sick for a long time. With Dante's ability to coach guys up I have not doubt in my mind that TFB is going to be very well protected for the rest of his career...

if we lockup mankins I doubt we could afford Vollmer when he hits FA:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes