PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson calls out our secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cicero said:
You guys can do a lot for your secondary by establishing the rushing attack on offense. Carson Palmer and our recievers have carved up some very good secondaries. They have made the Ravens defense look silly multiple times. The best way to contain them is to keep them off the field.

How do you think Corey will be received. You think he will get booed or just be treated just like any oppsing player.

desi-patsfan said:
How do you think Corey will be received. You think he will get booed or just be treated just like any oppsing player.

The team will treat him like any other player, most of them were in college when he left. The fans will definitley boo him and loudly I suspect. To me he is just another football player now. If I saw him on the street I would probably thank him for some good memories in a very dark time.

A lot of the fans haven't gotten over it though. I can understand it, he turned his back on people that loved him, but we have a pretty good team on our hands and it just isn't worth it to me to dwell on the past.

Overall he will definitely get booed when he steps on the field, but once the game gets rolling it is just football.

I ususally don't like blow hards but I do think Johnson is funny.

Having said that, I hope Rodney does put a hit on him that makes him think he's in the Magic Kingdom vs an NFL football game.

Chad Johnson is clearly F-ing around there. He even said he talks to Rodney before every game and they have a father-son thing. It's all in good fun. I love Chad - he's everything T.O. wants to be but is to socially awkward f-d up to actually be.

I think Hawkins needs to get healthy so that so much doesn't fall on Harrison/Wilson. They seem to be dinged up and Sanders is NOT acceptable for when they need a breather. Hawkins coming back will be huge, IMO.

Well if there is a fight....maybe we CAN win that.

patsox23 said:
Chad Johnson is clearly F-ing around there. He even said he talks to Rodney before every game and they have a father-son thing. It's all in good fun. I love Chad - he's everything T.O. wants to be but is to socially awkward f-d up to actually be.

You hit the nail on the head. He is a talker but in a fun way. Last season during the Buffalo game his td celebration was donning a Santa Clause hat and tossing gifts into the crowd. He had something else in the tunnel that the officials stopped him from bringing out I do not know what it was. Earlier in the week he joked that he hit a deer with his car, nursed it back to health and was bringing it to the game. I am pretty sure he didn't have a live animal int he tunnel, but with him you never know.

It's good to have some comic diversion when you're a non-contending team.

Oh, they managed to lose an actual playoff game last year? I guess that's progress.

I do appreciate somebody trying to wake up our secondary.

Maybe we can look back and thank Chad. I know we owe Freddie whatshisname from Philly, (I honestly can't remember, not worth looking up).

i also don't really get the serious criticism of the secondary - yeah they've had problems, but i'd also say that they've improved every week - everyone was down on
-Wilson after teh jets game - he came out and had a great game against the broncos (i'd say he was the best player in the secondary for most of the game - he saved a touchdown against tatum bell and absolutely killed a denver receiver that would have resulted in a fumble if the receiver had taken maybe two more steps with the ball.)
- Samues and Hobbs have both been questioned for their covering ability, but both of them have done a great job so far (neither of javon walkers tds were their fault - hobbs was right with him and plummer just made a great through, and samuel had the under coverage on walker taht time.)

Bottom line, our secondary isn't as bad as everybody thinks - im not saying we're goin to shut out the bengals receivers this week, because they have one of the best if not best groups of them in the league, but i DO think that we'll hold our own.

Irish Hooligan said:
Well if there is a fight....maybe we CAN win that.

LOL if a fight breaks out just look out for Chris "shooter" Henry.

RayClay said:
It's good to have some comic diversion when you're a non-contending team.

Oh, they managed to lose an actual playoff game last year? I guess that's progress.

I do appreciate somebody trying to wake up our secondary.

Maybe we can look back and thank Chad. I know we owe Freddie whatshisname from Philly, (I honestly can't remember, not worth looking up).

From 2-14 to division champs in the space of two seasons is pretty good progress. We were a contender at the time and who knows what happens if Carson doesn't get hurt in the playoffs.

Comic relief is great at all times.

Brownfan80 said:
I think Hawkins needs to get healthy so that so much doesn't fall on Harrison/Wilson. They seem to be dinged up and Sanders is NOT acceptable for when they need a breather. Hawkins coming back will be huge, IMO.

Can't agree more. Rodney put high hopes on Sanders and thus far it hasn't shown up on the field. Hawkins brings a lot to our secondary and he should help out on Sunday. FWIW he practiced today. Hobbs did not.

I like Johnson also.He is funny, his end -zone antics,they are not mean-spirited(at least the ones I saw) and the lines he comes up with make me laugh.I agree he adds to the game.The guys pretty good ,too.

What happened with Hawkins when he joined your team? When he was a Bengal he was great at getting to where he needed to be but had terrible awareness when the ball was in the air. He could run with the best but never showed an ability to play the ball.

I am glad he has found success, he was always a good guy.

Cicero said:
What happened with Hawkins when he joined your team? When he was a Bengal he was great at getting to where he needed to be but had terrible awareness when the ball was in the air. He could run with the best but never showed an ability to play the ball.

They moved him to safety. :D He isn't the greatest cover guy but he can tackle and he can come up help stuff the run, he's no rodney but he came in last season and brought a veteran presence into our secondary and really settled everything down.

Last edited:
Chad Johnson is a fine football player.

The more time he spends thinking about his stand up act, the better for us.

I grew up at the end of an era with great players like Jim Brown.

Now he was a laugh riot!

mgcolby said:
Can't agree more. Rodney put high hopes on Sanders and thus far it hasn't shown up on the field. Hawkins brings a lot to our secondary and he should help out on Sunday. FWIW he practiced today. Hobbs did not.

I didn't even know Hobbs was dinged? Maybe the flu that's been getting around.. I haven't heard a thing on him.

Good to hear about Hawkins.

Cicero said:

He saved our season last year. We couldn't overcome an unbelievable rash of injuries, but without him we wouldn't have had a chance.

mgcolby said:
They moved him to safety. :D He isn't the greatest cover guy but he can tackle and he can come up help stuff the run, he's no rodney but he came in last season and brought a veteran presence into our secondary and really settled everything down.

There was talk of moving him to safety when he was here. He has always been a good tackler.

Cicero said:
There was talk of moving him to safety when he was here. He has always been a good tackler.

He was really what pulled our secondary together last year. He made tackles that the other guys were whiffing on. And he really seemed to be a guy that understood where to be and when to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye