Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chad Johnson calls out our secondary

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
    LOL! I feel treacherous for saying this but Chad, you have nothing to worry about. I know Chad's just having some fun, but two years ago, this would have lit a fire in our secondary. I'm not sure our current secondary has any fire at all.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. Murphys95

Murphys95 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That looks to be the matchup of the game - Bengals receivers vs. Pats secondary. On paper Cincy has quite an advantage. We'll see on Sunday.

3. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -1

It's pretty clear after watching the Bengals receivers win almost every jump ball against Pittsburgh's d-backs last week (what are those guys, all 7 footers?) that our chance of winning this game begins and ends with rattling Palmer and keeping up with the shoot-out.

4. Oswlek

Oswlek In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +746 / 9 / -2

I think that's actually pretty funny.

5. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1

I love how Johnson waits until the year when our secondary totally sucks to start talking kaka!

Yeah, okay, Chad, so you & TJ are gonna smoke our secondary this weekend.

So what?

That's like the beating the neighborhood retarded kid in one-on-one and bragging about it!

ADPF

6. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +112 / 8 / -7

I dont care if the Bengals kick the **** out of us but it would make my day if Wilson or Harrison knocked the **** out of him if he is brave enough to go across the middle. But he is problably too much of a sissy, afterall he is still complaining about being hit a few weeks ago. Then it would get so much better if a fight did start, I'd love it!

7. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Johnson is a riot. That encounter he had with Porter at midfield last week was hilarious. Porter was growling like a wild beast and Johnson was squeaking with a quavering falsetto like a frightened teenage girl. At times they sounded like a con and his prison-byatch...:D

8. Alk

Alk In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LMAO, that's awesome!! You have to hand it to Johnson, he makes every game just that much more interesting.

9. Alk

Alk In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm pretty sure this is the first time Johnson has faced us since he has started all of these antics.

10. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I love Chad Johnson. He's my favorite non-Pat. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and he makes the games fun.

That said, have at 'em, Rodney!

11. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It made me laugh, I know that much. :)

Only it'd be great if the secondary actually DID something about it. Which I don't think they will (or even can). I hope the Offense is ready to score some points.

12. Cicero

Cicero Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's just Chad being Chad. His smack is always of the good natured variety. He is our official team clown. There is also a bit of a mind game to it. His words are intended to draw attention to him and off of Henry and Houshmanzadeh. Pittsburgh fell for it and the result was clear.

13. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

That tactic is wasted on our secondary, I doubt highly that they can keep up with any of your Wrs, IMO.

14. Brownfan80

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I was going to say: They'll probably ALL be open anyway, so I'm not sure that the tactic is effective against our group.

15. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I'm not getting this "our secondary can't keep up" crap. The only thing that our secondary has had problems with thus far is tackling on 4 plays in three games. Granted they ended up being 4 TD's due to poor tackling but our coverage has not been the problem. I just don't understand how people after watching the first three games can come away shaking their head at the coverage. They should be shaking their heads at 4 big plays that were a direct result of piss poor tackling and nothing more.

16. Brownfan80

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I suppose you're right, but it's so easy to for me to pick those drums back up after banging on them for the first 8 or so weeks of last season (which the Denver game felt so much like). Besides, if I believe the worst of our D again then all I can be is pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed. :)

:eat1:

17. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +537 / 56 / -30

#18 Jersey

Yeah, it wasn't any Fred Mitchell "I've got something for you," it was clearly just good natured. In fact, the guys he was calling out he's probably on good terms with, judging by what he was saying (especially Rodney, which seemed to be a mockery of the Fred Mitchell speech).

18. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Our secondary is being undervalued by the fans. The problem has not been the CBs, it has been safety play. Samuel and Hobbs have been good thus far. My gut feeling is we will see a much more competitive game than most of our fans expect. There are reasons for optimism in this contest, despite wide-spread hand-wringing, panic, and lamentation.

19. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I was about to make that comaprison, but I didn't think it was neccessary. Last year it was everything, tackling, coverage, Hobbs and Samual doing a celebratory chest bump after making a big hit on a receiver who just got a 1st down on a 3rd and 11. That sh!t had me throwing stuff at my TV. The breakdowns in the secondary have been a somewhat alarming trend of a couple of Isolated incidents per game. That is fixable, Starkes is not!

20. Cicero

Cicero Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You guys can do a lot for your secondary by establishing the rushing attack on offense. Carson Palmer and our recievers have carved up some very good secondaries. They have made the Ravens defense look silly multiple times. The best way to contain them is to keep them off the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.