PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics vs Pistons Game 2 Thread

nobody could see the pats losing to the giants either. we know how that turned out:rolleyes:

Great point, because basketball and football are exactly alike. The Celts have had to hand their hat on HCA throughout the playoffs just to get by. Now, the Pistons have stolen the HCA. Until the Celts win a game on the road, I stand by what I said: you guys are screwed.

I will say this though, if there was a series where you guys could win on the road, it will be this one. Especially after watching the Big 3 finally gel last night and Ray Allen break out of his slump. Finally, we saw them almost score 100 points for the first time in the playoffs. So, if there ever was a series where Boston can take back HCA, it is this one. Just got to find that offense in Detroit.

Funny how both FBN and I were right in the first two posts, before the game

Great point, because basketball and football are exactly alike. The Celts have had to hand their hat on HCA throughout the playoffs just to get by. Now, the Pistons have stolen the HCA. Until the Celts win a game on the road, I stand by what I said: you guys are screwed.

I will say this though, if there was a series where you guys could win on the road, it will be this one. Especially after watching the Big 3 finally gel last night and Ray Allen break out of his slump. Finally, we saw them almost score 100 points for the first time in the playoffs. So, if there ever was a series where Boston can take back HCA, it is this one. Just got to find that offense in Detroit.
it has nothing to do with basketball or football being different games. the point is everybody in the world picked the pats and they had very good reasons for doing so just like you saying the Celts are done. they were all wrong. anything can happen and usually does. the Celts haven't won a road game in the playoffs. that just makes them due .the pats hadn't lost a game. they were due. nobody could see last years Dallas mavericks [the number 1 seed ]losing a 7 game series to the warriors [the 8th seed] either. the Celt's winning a road playoff game would be far less a upset than the giants beating the pats or the warriors beating last years mavs.

Last edited:
it has nothing to do with basketball or football being different games. the point is everybody in the world picked the pats and they had very good reasons for doing so just like you saying the Celts are done. they were all wrong. anything can happen and usually does. the Celts haven't won a road game in the playoffs. that just makes them due .the pats hadn't lost a game. they were due. nobody could see last years Dallas mavericks [the number 1 seed ]losing a 7 game series to the warriors [the 8th seed] either. the Celt's winning a road playoff game would be far less a upset than the giants beating the pats or the warriors beating last years mavs.

I just think that if they couldn't beat the mighty Atlanta Hawks on the road, then their chances are less likely v.s. the Pistons. We shall see though. Flip Saunders is capable of screwing up a PB&J.

I just think that if they couldn't beat the mighty Atlanta Hawks on the road, then their chances are less likely v.s. the Pistons. We shall see though. Flip Saunders is capable of screwing up a PB&J.
the thing that gives me hope is that the celtics mind set against the pistons is much different then against the hawks. they dont have a 2 to 0 lead this time. they have to win one on the road . and the celts know they cant fall back on hc now. and i believe the celts feel they are the under dog against the pistons. they feel they have something to prove. the pistons have the celtics attention and respect . the hawks didnt get any respect from the celtics until game 6 was over. im not predicting anything . im just giving the flip side of the coin. your argument makes sense. but like you said we shall see

Last edited:
Anyone know of any video of Coach Belichick bringing the F'n house down with his reception last night?

Anyone know of any video of Coach Belichick bringing the F'n house down with his reception last night?
he wasnt there last night. he was at game one. that might help your google search.

I think saying you guys are screwed is a bit strong. I don't think the Celtics ever really felt as if they HAD to win on the road. Now that they have to win on the road we will get to see the strength of their basketball character. I am not saying it will be easy. The Celtics look tired. The Pistons look well rested and tough. They are a very good team.

Now if the Celtics don't steal one at the Palace...I will agree...they are screwed.

Wow classy Detroit fans.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back