PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics Doing What Patriots Could Not

If the Celtics are fortunate enough to get to the finals it better be a series win over the pistons in less than 7 games - 3 consecutive exhausting 7 game series and then have to face Kobe Bryant and Company in the finals :eek: does not seem as a realistic chance to win the Championship.

In fact I almost guarantee that if it takes the Celtics another 7 games to beat the Pistons they have NO chance to beat LA,they will be wiped out of energy.

Plus Doc Rivers is not even good enough coach to wipe Phil Jackson's asz

I love the Celtics but that's a poorly-written article.

You know there are allot of sports writers in this town who have been hidding in the closet waiting for a Celtic revival for the last 20 or so years. I hope they win it all it would be nice to see them back on top. There is however no good comparison in sports to last years Pats, it was the most unfortunate thing in sports, historically insignifigant.

If the Celts lose to Detroit or in the Finals, it will be vaugely like SB 42 in that the Pats and Celts both had the best regular season record.

If the Celts win the NBA Title, they will have done what the Pats did not.

That's about it.

If the Celts lose to Detroit or in the Finals, it will be vaugely like SB 42 in that the Pats and Celts both had the best regular season record.

If the Celts win the NBA Title, they will have done what the Pats did not.

That's about it.

I think the Celtics should rightly be underdogs if they make the finals if the Lakers are the opposition even thought Boston had a better regular season record.

The Lakers have the better depth,MUCH better coach,more playoff experience and most of all...They have the best in the game and thats Kobe.

Although I am a big Celtics fans and I hope for Bryant to somehow have a below average game or two in the series,if it happens and the 2 teams meet.

I think the Celtics should rightly be underdogs if they make the finals if the Lakers are the opposition even thought Boston had a better regular season record.

The Lakers have the better depth,MUCH better coach,more playoff experience and most of all...They have the best in the game and thats Kobe.

Although I am a big Celtics fans and I hope for Bryant to somehow have a below average game or two in the series,if it happens and the 2 teams meet.

All true. And they will have had a much easier path to the finals. The Celts will have gotten there after playing 20 or, more likely, 21 games.

Has any NBA Champion ever played that many games prior to the Finals?

the Celtics needs to win this Friday because lakers will seal the deal today.

the Celtics needs to win this Friday because lakers will seal the deal today.

I really think it would not be a shocker to see the Lakers beat the Celtics in 4or 5 games if they meet.

It hurts me as a Celtics fan and a Lakers hater to say that but I truly believe it would be a mismatch right now.

LaBron James was a monster but had no real team talent surrounding him to take them to the next level - Well Kobe is Labron's 'daddy' when it comes to B-Ball and Kobe HAS that surrounding talent that James did not have.

All true. And they will have had a much easier path to the finals. The Celts will have gotten there after playing 20 or, more likely, 21 games.

Has any NBA Champion ever played that many games prior to the Finals?

The only reason it's been a tougher path for the Celtics is because they made it that way. Going 7 games against a team that was 8 games under .500, and then another 7 against a team just 8 games over .500. They had the easier match-ups, just couldn't handle their business.

Look, I love the Celtics and everything but...... last time I checked we made it farther than the afc championship game, and thats where the celtics are now. I can't believe the disrespect people give the pats! :bricks:

I really think it would not be a shocker to see the Lakers beat the Celtics in 4or 5 games if they meet.

It hurts me as a Celtics fan and a Lakers hater to say that but I truly believe it would be a mismatch right now.

Laker is HOT right now and will win championship in the next 2 or 3 years. I would like to see Celtics seal the deal today. If they don't, their future is not bright.

Last edited:
I would like to see Celtics seal the deal today. If they don't, their future is not bright.
that's not true. the Celt's are set up perfectly. ray allen's contract expires just when labron becomes a free agent. i guarantee you the Celtic's will be in the hunt to sign him. they will have the cap room.

LaBron James was a monster but had no real team talent surrounding him to take them to the next level - Well Kobe is Labron's 'daddy' when it comes to B-Ball and Kobe HAS that surrounding talent that James did not have.

Don't count the Cs out so easily. Sure Lakers have a great offense but
C's have one of the best defenses. C's have still won even when teams
had a 30+Point shooter. KG and the Truth will bring game .. bank on it.
If Perkins plays like he can and Ray Allen becomes Ray Allen again then C's have a good shot. Rondo is the question mark for me but he can
have a run of good games. We'll see ...

If the Celtics are fortunate enough to get to the finals it better be a series win over the pistons in less than 7 games - 3 consecutive exhausting 7 game series and then have to face Kobe Bryant and Company in the finals :eek: does not seem as a realistic chance to win the Championship.

In fact I almost guarantee that if it takes the Celtics another 7 games to beat the Pistons they have NO chance to beat LA,they will be wiped out of energy.

Plus Doc Rivers is not even good enough coach to wipe Phil Jackson's asz
lmao. the finals don't start till thursday. even if it went seven they would have had three days off lol. have you heard the giants didn't have a chance in the SB either

Last edited:
lmao. the finals don't start till thursday. even if it went seven they would have had three days off lol. have you heard the giants didn't have a chance in the SB either

Absolutely. Hate to say it, but the same thought went through my mind.

The one thing these teams have in common is young players.
Lakers defeats Celtics in coaching staff area, experiences, and players.

Even though Celtics had the best record and defeated Lakers during regular season. Lakers suddenly becomes a powerful team after acquiring Laso (or whatever his name is).

Lakers won more NBA titles than Celtics. Lakers is going to win this championship.

The one thing these teams have in common is young players.
Lakers defeats Celtics in coaching staff area, experiences, and players.

Even though Celtics had the best record and defeated Lakers during regular season. Lakers suddenly becomes a powerful team after acquiring Laso (or whatever his name is).

Lakers won more NBA titles than Celtics. Lakers is going to win this championship.

Uhhhh the Lakers haven't won more championships than the Celtics. Celtics have 16, Lakers have 14.

Last edited:
16 titles WAS from 23 years ago.?

What does that have to do with anything? They still have more championships. Last I checked, championships don't expire.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back