PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

We are very close. About 3 months from another banner.
I think the biggest variable (besides injuries) is Denver. Celtics should decisively beat any other team.

Another strong performance led by Brown and Tatum tonight.

Good win tonight. Sun's were at full strength tonight with all their Big 3 playing while C's were missing KP.
Dominant winvs. a quality team.
Brown and Tatum carried the team in the 1st half.
Brown was just great all game.
Big Al!! OMG!!
Holiday just superb all-around game.
DWhite wasn't as awesome as he usually is but still very good. Dude just doesn't ever have a bad game.
I'm seeing major growth from Mazzula, game after game.
Very cool win.
Was great seeing Malcolm Butler in front row and of course, The Truth.

Pretty much. I am looking forward to the next game against the bucks tho
Bucks are playing much better. They're actually playing defense now.
They are the biggest threat to us in the East.
The real threat is Denver.
Jokic is a problem.
We seem to be on a collision course with them. Let's do it!
Like they say, ya gotta beat the best....

Bucks are playing much better. They're actually playing defense now.
They are the biggest threat to us in the East.
The real threat is Denver.
Jokic is a problem.
We seem to be on a collision course with them. Let's do it!
Like they say, ya gotta beat the best....
Sure looks that way. On the plus side, the Celtics will have home court advantage and there is at least a chance Denver could have a tough series or two before they come out of the west

Just for fun everyone, assuming both teams are healthy, if the Celtics play Denver in the finals, as of right now, who you got?

If my actual money was at stake, I'd lean Denver at this point if we're being honest, but not by a huge margin

Just for fun everyone, assuming both teams are healthy, if the Celtics play Denver in the finals, as of right now, who you got?

If my actual money was at stake, I'd lean Denver at this point if we're being honest, but not by a huge margin
Denver until we prove otherwise. I think we should be able to beat them in a seven game series but it’s hard to pick the Celts against the defending champs who have beaten us twice this year.

Denver until we prove otherwise. I think we should be able to beat them in a seven game series but it’s hard to pick the Celts against the defending champs who have beaten us twice this year.

Celtics - the more balanced five player team will beat a less balanced two player team in a seven game series. Single games are not the same dynamic as a seven game series.

Celtics - the more balanced five player team will beat a less balanced two player team in a seven game series. Single games are not the same dynamic as a seven game series.
On paper:

2023 Celtics should’ve beaten the Heat
2022 Celtics should’ve beaten the Warriors

I agree that it seems unfathomable that a team with JT/JB/White/Zinger/Holiday would lose to anyone but it’s absolutely possible. The Nuggets are a great team still.

Recent years that have shown me that experience, championship pedigree, toughness, clutch factor all play a more important role than I otherwise would’ve thought 5 years ago.

On paper:

2023 Celtics should’ve beaten the Heat
2022 Celtics should’ve beaten the Warriors

I agree that it seems unfathomable that a team with JT/JB/White/Zinger/Holiday would lose to anyone but it’s absolutely possible. The Nuggets are a great team still.

Recent years that have shown me that experience, championship pedigree, toughness, clutch factor all play a more important role than I otherwise would’ve thought 5 years ago.
This is why home court absolutely means something. Denver is VERY hard to beat at home. We should all know about the perils of playing in Denver from the struggles the Pats have had there. I can only imagine it's harder in basketball, about as aerobic a sport as you can find.

This is why home court absolutely means something. Denver is VERY hard to beat at home. We should all know about the perils of playing in Denver from the struggles the Pats have had there. I can only imagine it's harder in basketball, about as aerobic a sport as you can find.
I'm glad they got rid of that awful 2-3-2 setup. Game 5 has to be on the court of the team that earned home court advantage

I'm glad they got rid of that awful 2-3-2 setup. Game 5 has to be on the court of the team that earned home court advantage
Agreed. 2-3-2 almost seemed designed to penalize the team with home court. When you can hold serve on your home court and still go into game 6 of a series facing elimination...

Congrats Derrick White 1st career triple double 22/10/10
Great to see key bench players getting extended minutes. Getting valuable gametime for playoffs plus starters getting lotta rest.

I think the Celtics are 3 -1 without Jayson Tatum playing, and as you note, the Celtics are 7 - 0 without Jaylen Brown playing. If we could only get rid of Tatum and Brown, imagine the team we would have. Without Tatum and Brown playing the team is 10 -1. That translates to 74 -8 over a whole season. WOW! That would set a NBA record as the best season on record EVER! Fock Tatum and Brown, let's trade them.

I think the Celtics are 3 -1 without Jayson Tatum playing, and as you note, the Celtics are 7 - 0 without Jaylen Brown playing. If we could only get rid of Tatum and Brown, imagine the team we would have. Without Tatum and Brown playing the team is 10 -1. That translates to 74 -8 over a whole season. WOW! That would set a NBA record as the best season on record EVER! Fock Tatum and Brown, let's trade them.
Why would they be better without Tatum? By every measure he’s a great player. Efficiency, on/off, analytics, everything.

Brown by most measures is a net negative.

Margin of victory is 23 ppg without Brown.

But then again that’s not surprising because they are better without him on the court.

I’m sure it’s just another coincidence and statistical nonsense though.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back