PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

Warriors go quietly, Lakers got lucky that Zion got hurt

Butler's out, so it's either the Bulls or the Heat without Butler in Round 1

There was no excuse for having any issues in round one before, but even more now

Butler's out, so it's either the Bulls or the Heat without Butler in Round 1

There was no excuse for having any issues in round one before, but even more now

You're talking about a Celtics team that lost to several teams this year when those teams lost leading scorers before the game. If anything, they seem to play worse when the opposing team loses star players.

Came here to say I'm cackling at the idea of Joe Mazzulla liquefying his $183.5 million dollar team by way of hitting a decibel level that's roughly twice that of a rocket taking off for space.

You're talking about a Celtics team that lost to several teams this year when those teams lost leading scorers before the game. If anything, they seem to play worse when the opposing team loses star players.
4 losses of that type this year do feel especially amplified for a team that only lost 18 for the whole season. Twice to the same team back to back (both road games to a 36-46 team with the Celts missing 2 starters for the 2nd one).

4 losses of that type this year do feel especially amplified for a team that only lost 18 for the whole season. Twice to the same team back to back (both road games to a 36-46 team with the Celts missing 2 starters for the 2nd one).

I agree. Only four such losses, which I am guessing is a league wide low in 2023/2024, but those four do sting for some reason.

Came here to say I'm cackling at the idea of Joe Mazzulla liquefying his $183.5 million dollar team by way of hitting a decibel level that's roughly twice that of a rocket taking off for space.

Saturn 5 produces about 220 dB. Decibels are logarithmic; every increment of 10 represents a power increase of ten times. 300 dB would be 800 times more powerful than the sound emitted by a Saturn 5 rocket. That's some game prep.

Saturn 5 produces about 220 dB. Decibels are logarithmic; every increment of 10 represents a power increase of ten times. 300 dB would be 800 times more powerful than the sound emitted by a Saturn 5 rocket. That's some game prep.

Both hilarious and enlightening hahahaha.

I’ve given up hope on this group if they lose to the Heat without Jimmy Butler. I still would not be surprised to see this go 6 games.

It’s in the DNA to play down to inferior opponents.

I’ve given up hope on this group if they lose to the Heat without Jimmy Butler. I still would not be surprised to see this go 6 games.

It’s in the DNA to play down to inferior opponents.

After reading that I feel like a supreme optimist. :)

I am beginning to hate games that have refs making a popostrous amount of bad calls. These games shouldn't be in the whistle of the ref.

15 point lead. Jaylen stunk in the first half outside of the first two minutes. Hopefully he gets some rythm, DWhite too.

Tatum doing great though.

Edit: whole team cooking now.

Last edited:
Yikes this fourth quarter. When you stop playing defense bad things can happen. Hope they learn their lesson…

Last edited:
Tatum scored his first career playoff triple-double... yet somehow it felt like he had a crappy game. How many dumb passes did he make anyway? 3 or was it 4? I was pretty surprised with how many points he ended up with considering how terribly he shot. FGs were 7-18 (38.9%) and he was a pitiful 1-8 from 3. Ouch.

This might work against an undermanned Heat team, but he's going to have to step it up going forward.

15 point lead. Jaylen stunk in the first half outside of the first two minutes.
Yes, typical selfish ball. I think he got soft benched.
Hopefully he gets some rythm, DWhite too.
Are you only watching shot attempts? White was, as usual, their best player in both halves today. Dominant performance again.

Tatum scored his first career playoff triple-double... yet somehow it felt like he had a crappy game. How many dumb passes did he make anyway? 3 or was it 4? I was pretty surprised with how many points he ended up with considering how terribly he shot. FGs were 7-18 (38.9%) and he was a pitiful 1-8 from 3. Ouch.

This might work against an undermanned Heat team, but he's going to have to step it up going forward.
Tatum and Brown are going to sink them. It was obvious today. I don’t care how many points they won by, they’re me-first players who force low pct shots when guys are WIDE open.

Brown is atrocious against a swarming zone which is why I think he was soft benched. As soon as he went out for an extended time they moved the ball around the perimeter and had wide open 3s (Hauser hit those 4 which changed Miami’s defense.)

Yes, typical selfish ball. I think he got soft benched.

Are you only watching shot attempts? White was, as usual, their best player in both halves today. Dominant performance again.
Is this literally all you care about? Brown was fine after a tough stretch in the first half.

It’s the playoffs, I might’ve thought you had something different to add or talk about.

Tatum and Brown are going to sink them. It was obvious today. I don’t care how many points they won by, they’re me-first players who force low pct shots when guys are WIDE open.

Brown is atrocious against a swarming zone which is why I think he was soft benched. As soon as he went out for an extended time they moved the ball around the perimeter and had wide open 3s (Hauser hit those 4 which changed Miami’s defense.)
Don’t know what game you were watching. Brown and Tatum weren’t playing selfish. JT got sloppy at the end. Probably didn’t help that Joe played him 40 minutes in a twenty point win. He looked tired toward the end.

Is this literally all you care about? Brown was fine after a tough stretch in the first half.

It’s the playoffs, I might’ve thought you had something different to add or talk about.
Tatum went out with 6:55 in the first quarter.

Against the Heat zone, Brown missed two free throws, missed two terrible forced shots (one blocked) and had a turnover.

That was in a 3 minute stretch. Tatum subbed in for him at 3:45.

Brown didn’t return until 7:03 second quarter (that’s nearly nine minutes) during which time Tatum and Hauser were on fire since the ball was actually moving and stopped getting stuck at Jaylen Brown so he could stupidly dribble into a zone. The guy has been in the league 8 years and still doesn’t get that you can’t hold the ball and dribble into a zone defense, which is why Spoelstra loves him.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back