PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS Sports Patriots season preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
My co-worker and I did team positions and playoff results up until the respective championship games. We came up with Eagles at Falcons and Broncos At Patriots. And he hates the Patriots, but he's sold on them not having a Super Bowl hangover.

Oh, and Prisco is an idiot, ballwashing us or not.

Last edited:
I prefer we lose a game or 2 in the regular season and win in the playoffs.

I have them anywhere between 10-6 and 7-9...

Didn't do records, but we had the Broncos as 4th seed. They beat the 5th seed Titans in the first round, then upset the 2 seed Ravens. The 6th seed Steelers beat the 3 seed Texans, then lose to us at home.

I prefer we lose a game or 2 in the regular season and win in the playoffs.
I'd prefer the Patriots lost no games and enjoy the number 1 ranked offense, defense and special teams units.

Is that too much to ask? :p

Last edited:
Broncos? No way.

They should almost definitely push for at least a WC spot, so it's not that bad of a choice.

Adding a QB like Manning to a team who can take advantage of playing at Mile High should allow them to push for double digit wins, at least IMO.

Didn't do records, but we had the Broncos as 4th seed. They beat the 5th seed Titans in the first round, then upset the 2 seed Ravens. The 6th seed Steelers beat the 3 seed Texans, then lose to us at home.

For some reason I am expecting a bit of a drop off for all 3 of the AFCN teams. I'm not sold on the Bengals at all, the Steelers may have some adjusting to do with the change of OC's, and the Ravens may also experience a drop off too with the loss of Suggs etc.

That said, PIT and BAL will likely still somehow be a pain in the ass for us on some level, just like most yrs...I am just giving a gut-feeling prediction that I don't see them being as tough as last year.

I'd prefer the Patriots lost no games and enjoy the number 1 ranked offense, defense and special teams units.

Is that too much to ask? :p

That's the spirit! I don't buy into the "oh no, the Pats can't go for 16-0 because if they do they'll lose in the Super Bowl again" attitude. Bill Polian and his Colts proved very clearly that wussing out on the pursuit of perfection doesn't make you champs either. Winning does that.

Though I doubt the Pats go undefeated, it is conceivable that they manage to. IIRC, the team's losses in the regular season over the past two years occurred in matchups where the team was in a shootout, had turnover issues, or just failed to execute in crucial situations. It was not a case of simply being overwhelmed by a superior opponent. In a game of inches where a few bounces of the ball can swing momentum, an undefeated season is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News