PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS columnist: Polian belongs in HOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, this website should be renamed PatsHomers.com. Anyone who says they wouldnt accept him on their team is just dumb. Plain and simple.

Don't go judging an entire website based on a couple of posts. Although I agree that there is an incredible amount of blind homerism on these boards, there are still posters here who are not drunk with kool-aid and are objective.

Well, many here seem to be in need of constant reminder of where their beloved Patsies were for most of their first 40 seasons...

What the hell does this got to do with Polian belonging in the HOF?

I swear, the mentality of "hey, if we give some other team credit, we're discreding the Pats" is obsurd.

Not at all, I'm just not blinded when it comes to the Pats. I accept that the Colts are a far better team right now.

Just to be clear. By far better you mean a bogus PI call, and a piss poor spot better? I wouldn't call the disparity "far" at all.

Polian has done this for years, Bills, Panthers and the Colts. He is a master at finding players. He should and will be in the HOF. As far as changing rules, there has been none. Pointed out a few things and the league said we need to enforce the rules that are in the book. What about the "tuck rule"..."Brady rule" I don't know of any rules referred to as the Manning or Indianapolis rule. Name one rule that Polian has changed, or one that he created.

What about the "tuck rule"

What about getting a clue before you make such a stupid statement? The tuck rule was in place long before 2001, and the competition committee reviewed it after that season and said there was no reason to change it. It's bitten the Pats a few times since, but we don't go crying to the commissioner unlike your hero.

Well, many here seem to be in need of constant reminder of where their beloved Patsies were for most of their first 40 seasons...

.....and that has what to do with Polian belonging in the hall of fame?:confused: Is there not enough room for BB and Polian in the HOF?

no rules were changed

but

the pats cheated. that is a fact sir
You mean like getting caught pumping in crowd noise? Or having a coach (Mudd) on your staff who is widely known as one of the best ever at stealing defensive signals? Those are both facts, sir...

You mean like getting caught pumping in crowd noise? Or having a coach (Mudd) on your staff who is widely known as one of the best ever at stealing defensive signals? Those are both facts, sir...

Post one piece of actual evidence or actual documentation of the Colts ever being caught pumping in crowd noise. I dare you. Conjecture from angry fans and op-eds don't unfortunately for you, don't count. You state it as a fact, now back it up.

As far as Mudd, stealing signals isn't illegal, it's how you steal them. You can point to Mudd all you want, but he was never caught using camera equipment in restricted areas.

But forget Mudd, I'm really interested to see you produce that evidence of the Colts being caught pumping in crowd noise!

Last edited:
As far as Mudd, stealing signals isn't illegal, it's how you steal them. You can point to Mudd all you want, but he was never caught using camera equipment in restricted areas.

You're right, stealing signals isn't illegal, using a video camera to do so is. But the way the media and most Clot fans reacted, you'd have thought Belichick had been caught stabbing puppies in the head.

While we're at it, tuff guy, if you had a clue you'd realize that there's a ton of shenanigans like that done by every team in the league; but 99.9% of the time there won't be any "proof." So take your holier-than-thou crap elsewhere.

For all the haters:

Who wouldn't want Polian to become the Pats' personnel man? I hate him as much as the next guy, but you can't deny what he's done with the Colts.

As a person - and some of the things he's said about hoping the Patriots players get injured, he disgusts me.

But I fully agree with you. His ability to consistently find good players in the draft is impressive to say the least. The best in football today.

Does that mean he should be in the Hall of Fame? I think his sleaze factor might be enough to keep him out for awhile. But there's no denying his ability to evaluate talent.

Last edited:
Polian does belong in the HOF, along with probably Pioli (although how he does in KC will likely determine that). Sucks to admit it, but it's true- Polian and Pioli are in a class of their own, and IMO from their era Newsome's the only one who might be even close.

Last edited:

But anyway, I still prefer BB's method - when he finds a problem on his team, he makes changes to his team; while NaPolian tries to make the whole league change to accommodate his team's problem.

I think Polian's strength is that he does both and I honestly have no problem with any team executive trying to manipulate the league for the benefit of his team. There are 31 other teams whose job it is to (a) stop him if they don't like it and (b) try to get their own competitive advantage anyway they can. (It's too much to put all of that on the HC, so it's not on BB to be Polian and Dungy at the same time.)

While we're at it, tuff guy, if you had a clue you'd realize that there's a ton of shenanigans like that done by every team in the league; but 99.9% of the time there won't be any "proof." So take your holier-than-thou crap elsewhere.

So what you're essentially saying is that there is no proof and its complete conjecture with no actual basis in fact.

Thanks for clearing that up.

As I think about it more, regardless of Polian's excellent track record in talent evaluation, any GM who doesn't have the balls to go for 19-0 and History should have a lifetime ban from the Hall of Fame.

Polian's created a situation where even if the Colts win this weekend, they lose.

Bill Polian, is a very good GM. Scott Pioli, very good GM. bill belichick, very good HC. tony dungy, very good HC. but let's face it. both the colts and pats are lucky to have tom brady, and payton manning, who are the biggest reason why both the pats and colts are at the top of the NFL every year.

who every makes it to the HOF in years to come from coachs to GM's to owners from the colts and pats it will be because of brady. and manning.

Post one piece of actual evidence or actual documentation of the Colts ever being caught pumping in crowd noise. I dare you. Conjecture from angry fans and op-eds don't unfortunately for you, don't count. You state it as a fact, now back it up.

But forget Mudd, I'm really interested to see you produce that evidence of the Colts being caught pumping in crowd noise!
"Forget Mudd?" How convenient. Your playing semantical games. Why would Mudd steal signals, if not to use them to "cheat?" As far as the pumped in crowd noise is concerned, Google "Colts pumped in crowd noise" and read everyhing which is there. I hope you've got a lot of free time because there's plenty there. Of course the Colts never got tagged for it. They're the darlings of the NFL and at that time coached by the most sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, hypocritical phony in the history of the NFL. "Sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, hypocritical phony"...holy S#$$, I think I just defined the majority (not all) of the Colts' fanbase...

As I think about it more, regardless of Polian's excellent track record in talent evaluation, any GM who doesn't have the balls to go for 19-0 and History should have a lifetime ban from the Hall of Fame.

Polian's created a situation where even if the Colts win this weekend, they lose.

I don't agree with your conclusion, since winning the Super Bowl pretty well erases anything else.

BUT, otherwise you raise an interesting point. In the unlikely event that the Colts lose on Sunday, it is very possible that his record will always have an "asterisk" because of that decision. However, unfortunately, I have the Dolts winning in a blowout over a team that seems "just happy to be there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick