PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Darrelle Revis - a no nonsense attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Impressed by his answers in this Q & A:

Q: What is your height, weight and 40 time?
Darrelle: 6', 195 pounds...I dont know my 40, but I'm fast enough.

Q: How did it feel to be named 1st team All-American at CB heading into your junior year?
Darrelle: It shows that people respect my game and its good because I worked hard for it.

Q: What area of your game do you feel sets you apart from other CB's?
Darrelle: I would say my aggressiveness and tackling ability.

Q: Do you have a best friend on the team?
Darrelle: Everyone is my best friend on my team because we have to count on each other.

Q: What kind of difference has Coach Wannstedt made on this team thus far?
Darrelle: He's made a difference by bringing a lot of knowledge from experiences he has been through.

Q: Which Conference RB were you least excited to face, Michael Bush or Steve Slaton?
Darrelle: I dont shy away from competition so neither of them.

Q: What current NFL player do you most admire in terms of style of play?
Darrelle: Definently Champ Bailey.

Q: Last question Darrelle, do you have any particular plans after you reach the NFL? Anything you plan on doing or buying?

Darrelle: Just to be the best cornerback I can be at that level.

Q: Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer some questions Darrelle.
Darrelle: Not a problem, thank you Shaun.
---

I hope he slides...

I like Revis. A lot of people compare Hall to Law because they both went to Michigan but I think Revis is the better comparison. I think Revis has done better against top competition and Hall has faded vs the top players. Most sites list Revis running his 40 in the 4.5 to 4.55 range. If he can run in the 4.45-4.49 range he's long gone.

At 6 ft 190 lb he can support the run, play press coverage and has good instincts. If the speed checks out he might move way up.

I agree with Everlong, if Revis runs under 4.5, he probably won't last to #24. However I doubt he runs under 4.52.

He stands to make or lose a lot of money on his 40 time.

whered u find this?? id love to read interviews with more guys...

nvm didnt see the link

Revis imo is just as good if not better than Hall. Hes not as slow as people say..i think he'll run 4.47-4.48

He'll run under 4.5. Did you see his punt return against WVU?
One of the plays of the year in college football. I think he's faster than Hall. Same hometown as T.Law. Aliquippa.

Football speed in pads is a whole lot different than track speed. However almost all teams now pay total respect to the track timed 40 as opposed to how a guy runs in pads.

If Revis could run a 4.47-4.48 in the forty, he would have said it in the interview. The fact that he says he doesn't know how fast he runs speaks volumes and those volumes don't look all that fast at this point.

I'm hoping he runs a 4.52 or so, then he'll probably drop to us.

PS: If he runs a 4.6 plus, he'll probably drop out of the first round.

Football speed in pads is a whole lot different than track speed. However almost all teams now pay total respect to the track timed 40 as opposed to how a guy runs in pads.

True. Fortunately, Pats scouts look for 'football players' first and not the workout warrior-types. If however, a prospect happens to time fast or produce impressive numbers -- GREAT. But what the Pats really want to know is, can he play the position? Answer: Revis IS fast enough to play CB ...and plays the position better than most.

If Revis could run a 4.47-4.48 in the forty, he would have said it in the interview. The fact that he says he doesn't know how fast he runs speaks volumes and those volumes don't look all that fast at this point.
He's not 4.4 fast and he knows it. But neither was Ty Law.

I'm hoping he runs a 4.52 or so, then he'll probably drop to us.
The best bet we'd have would be for another CB to leapfrog Revis and Hall. Rarely do fewer than two CBs get selected in the first 23 picks -- regardless of their talent. I also think he'll time in that 4.52 range, but believe he'll be scooped up UNLESS another CB enters the mix.

PS: If he runs a 4.6 plus, he'll probably drop out of the first round.
Nope. That just means we'll draft him at #28 -- what a steal! ;)

Bottom line for me on the CBs is, let's get someone with future starting ability. I hope it's Revis for several reasons...but there are a couple of others I like (lower rated). Whichever CB we add will most likely be eased into our current CB mix anyway for this season.

Lastly, I do believe the Combine will change the current CB rankings -- hopefully in the Pats favor...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes